“Fantastic Place to Stay, Feel Like Home.”
Review of Studio 41st Hostel

Studio 41st Hostel
Ranked #33 of 590 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Took us a while to write this review after our trip to Seoul in January 2014 where we stayed there for few days. Coming to Seoul during the coldest season shivers us as we came from tropical areas, but the Studio 41st's really make you feel like home. The staffs -Adrian, Sun and Cream - did exceptionally well, very attentive to our needs and very joyous. The smiles and laughter never ceased from all of you, especially during the snow fall on our first day there. If you are a cat lover, got few cats staying there as well which was a special touch for this hostel.

The room and facilities was great. The room was clean and nicely made, Wi Fi was fast, having a kitchenette was a big advantage for us to prepare our own meals.Studio 41st also provided kitchen utensils for Muslim upon request which we deeply appreciated. The hostel also has a common area at ground floor for breakfast or just hanging around with others from different part
of the world. Walking distance (albeit like 10-15 minutes) from the nearest subway station where there were few mini markets, convenience store and cafes along the way.

Would I recommend this place? Surely a big yes.

Room Tip: If you lugging around with big luggage, try to get room on lower floor. This hostel does not have an...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Studio41st0041, 매니저 at Studio 41st Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Hello Ikram~

This is Sun, one of Team Studio 41st hostel :)
How is it going? It's good to see you here~

Team Studio 41st are really miss you~~~~!!!

I hope you have precious time in Korea, especially at Studio 41st hostel.
We always try our best to provide best service and friendly atmosphere.

Before we are helpful staff, you are nice and lovely friends also for us
and it's our pleasure to meet you here, studio 41st :)

Hope to see you again~
Take care until then!

Best wishes,

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I arrived at Seoul after first visiting Jeju and Busan, both times also staying in very good hostels.
Naturally, my expectations were very high - and Studio 41st Hostel delivered!

Facilities wise, this Hostel had everything required in good working order, clean if not brand new. In particular, the water cooler was extremely handy. Also, the sheets, bedding and mattresses were extremely comfy (almost like a hotel) so that we slept really well after each packed day.

But what really sets this hostel apart is the service by the extremely helpful staff. I recall that my friends and I only signed up for the DMZ tour with only a day's notice and forgot to inform the staff. At 10pm at the night before we finally told them, and without complaint they readily agreed to prepare for us breakfast the next morning.

I will return to Studio 41st again when I visit Korea a second time. You should do the same!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Studio41st0041, 매니저 at Studio 41st Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hi~ Lester.

This is Team Studio 41st :)
Thanks for your warmhearted review.
We really appreciate it.

It was really pleasure time to meet you, Val, and Zach.
All of you gave warmhearted feeling to us.
We never forget it.

Thanks for coming to Studio 41st Hotel :)
and hope that all of you had a great time in Seoul.

Hope to meet you all again, and have more fun with us :D

Take care until we will meet again!!

~ Team Studio 41st~

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My friends and I stayed here for 6 days and we fell in love with the place! We enjoyed our daily tours in Seoul and it helped that at the end of the day, going back to Studio 41st was like going back to our own home. The staff was really friendly, accommodating and helpful. They always tried their best to help us with all our inquiries and because we went there with no plans at all, they were very reliable when it came to booking our tours for the next day. The common room was very homey and the self-service buffet breakfast was one of the highlights of our stay! We love Seoul and we’re planning to go back there again soon. Our itinerary may be flexible and spontaneous but one thing is sure- we’re gonna be staying at this hostel again! :)

1  Thank christine b
Studio41st0041, 매니저 at Studio 41st Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Hello Remy,

This is Sun, a manager of Studio 41st hostel :D

Thank you for the great review about us ~

I am sure it helps other guests to see around our hostel in advance!

It was really good to know you and your friends :)

I hope that you had a great time in Korea and Our hostel :)

Team studio 41st hostel members also hope to meet you again.

Thanks,

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Great place! I highly recommend staying here! The location is unbeatable -- it's so close to the metro station! Also, the guest house is in a quiet area of Hongdae, which is excellent for getting a good night's rest.The room itself worked out perfectly for us. It was cozy, but very comfortable. You can't go wrong if you stay here.

Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Hi Lim,

This is Sun, a manager of Studio 41st hostel :D
We appreciate your generous comment :)

I hope that you and your parents had great time in Seoul and at Studio 41st as well ~
We always ready to give a hand when our guests need help!

We wish all of our guests are happy!

Have great time and make wonderful memory in Korea ~ Hope to see you again!

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed in this hostel for 6 days with my sisters. I wasn't really expecting that much given that it's a hostel and the affordable price but the service that I got was beyond one could really expect. It was great. The location was good, near the stations and just across Hongdae. The staff were really really accommodating and friendly. They did their best to help us in every way they can. The hostel itself was really cute and clean. You won't hesitate to stay here again next time. I especially loved how homey you feel when you get back after a tiring tour throughout the day. The common room was cute and relaxing and the free breakfast was the best! Jjang! =))) I actually miss the food TT__TT

Will definitely stay here again when I go back to Seoul. I actually recommended this to my family and friends already.

To Cream, Sun, Adrian and Oh, Thank you guys! You're the best :) Hope you can continue giving great service to the visitors there.

Til we meet again :)

More power to Studio41st!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Studio41st0041, 매니저 at Studio 41st Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Hello, Margaux

This is Cream :D
Thank you for your lovely comments for us!
Your review will be very helpful and useful for our next guests.

How was your trip in Korea?

I hope it was great journey for you.
It was wonderful for us.

At next time, we can talk more each other :D
Keep healthy until then.
Please send a hello to your sista.
Thank you again.

XOXO,
Cream

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I just came back my china home from seoul , and i miss the home i stay at seoul so much now.
Studio 41st really so good, pepole very lovely and friendly. If i go to seoul again, they must one of the reason. They will meet all you need( at least they meet all i need, help me book the Ski resort, give me trip advise, warm remind , happy chat and so on.) I really like it so much.

Room Tip: double room is good, but you need to book more early.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Hello Lita,

This is Sun, a manager of Studio 41st hostel :)

How is it going?
Do you remember our cats? There is surprise news~~~
One of our cats,Gaeul, gave birth yesterday!

She became mother~~haha!

I hope that you and your friend had a great time in Seoul and here, Studio 41st Hostel.

I am looking forward to meeting you again~
We are always here so you can come here whenever you want ^^

Thanks,

From. Sun

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

My 6th visit...the only reason that made us kept coming back is the awesomeness of the staffs. Hospitable as usual. The neighbourhood is great with many lovely cafe and restaurants. Strategically located has surely made our stay much pleasant. We will be back again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank flyndance
Studio41st0041, 매니저 at Studio 41st Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Hello! Our beloved friend, Pik San~~

This is Studio 41st Hostel :)

We are really appreciate your warmhearted review ^^
and so happy to hear that you enjoyed all the time with us.

We had a great time with you all the time ;)

You will be always warmly received when you want to come to Studio 41st !

Hope to see you again.