“Very happy stay.”
Review of Studio 41st

Studio 41st
Ranked #34 of 610 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Reviewed February 8, 2014

There is a lot to say about Studio 41st Hostel so we will start with the accommodation. We were pleasantly surprised by how close it was to a station and really surprised by the welcoming air as we arrived and how clean everything was (definitely a huge plus when you are staying somewhere for 2 weeks!).

The staff (Sun, Cream, Adrian and Oh) were all fantastic and friendly, constantly offering help and asking how we were. It felt like we were at home rather than in a hostel which we imagine you would not get with a hotel. The service cannot be faulted.

When we return to Seoul it is possible we would stop by here again. Thank you for a pleasant and warm two weeks.

Sasha & Lizzie

• Stayed: January 2014
Studio41st0041, 매니저 at Studio 41st, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Hello, sasha & Lizzie!
This is Cream :D

Thanks for your awesome review for us!!
It will be helpful for another guests :)
We really appreciate it '3'

Two weeks when you were stay at here was very wonderful time :)
All of Team Studio 41st is missing you guys.

Hope to meet you again.
Learn hard Korean language until then :D
Keep in touch and take good care!

Cream

Reviewed January 31, 2014

It was the most remarkable place I've ever stayed! Nice people warm place, made me feel really good in cold Korea! Also it is near station, very convenient! If I go to Korea next time, I will live here again!
这家民宿真的超级棒, 里面的人也很好很热情~ 房间像家一样,还有厨房!离弘大很近!大家要去韩国的话,不妨体验一下!不会后悔的哈哈!

• Stayed: January 2014
Studio41st0041, 매니저 at Studio 41st, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Hello, Jinglan

This is Cream, one of Team Studio 41st Hostel :D
Thanks for your nice comments about us!
We really appreciate it.

All of Team of Studio 41st Hostel missed you guys!
It was wonderful time for us :)
I'm happy that you were good-

I Hope to see you again in Korea!
Take care until then :D

Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is my 2nd trip to Seoul. I still choose here to stay 'cause all the staff here are so friendly!!! AJ, Cream, and Sun help me to book salon and they were very worry about that I can't talk to the hair designer( I can't speak Korean) so they told me if I can't explain what I want just call them! They will translate for me on phone. See!! How sweet they are!!! I also had a little count down party with Adrian(the night manager) I'm really appreciate for that 'cause I did not have any plan for the night. The staff here treat you as a friend not staff and guest. If you want to have Korean friends, please come here and you will have some ^o^ And sure the room is clean, sweet, and warm just like your home. What are you waiting for??? Here is your first choice and also my only choice in Seoul.

by Vashti Wei

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Studio41st0041, 매니저 at Studio 41st, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Vashti,

Hello, This is Cream :D
Thank you for your awesome review about us!
your detailed comments is helpful for another guests.

Team Studio 41st Hostel were very happy to meet you.
It was wonderful time for us.
Especially, we did celebrate the new year together!
That was a touching moment ;D

We really hope to see you again.
Take great care and Stay healthy until then, Vashti.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed here during my December holidays and find that it has a good connection to the airport. It is a bit of a walk to Hongdae subway ( about 10-15 min ) and is not as bustling as the other side of Hongdae Station but I like the peaceful environment. The lane to the apartment from the subway can be dark late at night but it is safe.

The room is heated ondol style which means most parts of the room is warm. Everything is as presented on its website, so there was no surprises. Internet connection is also very good. Cold water dispenser was very handy to have in the room. Water pressure in the toilet was also superb.

However, the shower area is also located at the wash basin which I dislike very much. Breakfast is included everyday though for early starters, it means giving it a miss. Food is mainly bread and jam ( DIY ).

I like having the washing machine in the unit because it means clean clothes most days. There is not much to dislike about the place.

Room Tip: If you are not a bread and jam person for breakfast, there is a convenience store midway between the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is my 4th stay at Studio 41st. The reason why I keep coming back is because the place is just lovely & homely. The rooms are clean & The staff are super friendly and they make you feel right at home. Though it was difficult to find it at first but after a few walks it's just minutes to Hongik University subway station & the infamous Hongdae area. Thank you Sun, Cream & Adrian for your warm hospitality. Keep up the good work guys.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Studio41st0041, 매니저 at Studio 41st, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Hello, Eton Dragon.

This is Cream, one of Team Studio 41st Hostel.

Thanks for your friendly review about our hostel.
It will be very helpful for another guests :)
All of Studio 41st Hostel's staff were happy to meet you, again.

Hope to see you again :D
Take care until then!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Studio 41st is a charming spot away from crowds. Clean and well-kept, it is a comfortable place to return to after all that walking about. Although in freezing winter, it feels a little of a walk to get to the hostel from the subway. Nonetheless, the warmth of the lovely folks there more than makes up for it. Good in english, conversations with the staff were easy and they were aways smiley and willing to help.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed at 41st Hostel for 2 nights with my wife and 2 kids. It's a comfortable place to rest after a long day city tour. Situated in a quite neighborhood, but with some restaurant and grocery which is very convenient for travelers. Hostel managers were all very nice to us. Lovely smiles you could find all the time. Would definitely stay there again next time to Seoul. (There's a Taiyaki鯛焼きstand on the way to subway which is really yummy, don't waste time searching others....)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Studio41st0041, 매니저 at Studio 41st, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Hello, Leon :)

This is Cream, a manager of Studio 41st Hostel.
Thank for your great review about us!!
We really appreciate it.

It was a pleasure time to meet your family.
I miss your son and daughter :D

Thanks for coming Studio 41st Hostel.
Your comments about restaurant (especially, Taiyaki lol) gonna be helpful to other guests.
Thanks for good tips for our guests.
Hope to meet you and your family again ^^
See ya!