“Helpful staff”

Ranked #23 of 534 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Singapore
“Helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed at Studio 41st for 5 nights. The staff at Studio 41st are really very friendly and helpful. Prior to my trip, I had many questions about traveling around Seoul itself. The staff at Studio41st were prompt in replying my emails, and that really helped in planning for my trip. They helped to book some of our day tours as well.

In addition, on the first day, we asked the staff, Moon, to recommend us a place for lunch. She recommended a nearby Korean restaurant and even wrote down the names of the dishes in Korean for us because we don't speak Korean.

You really need the map to their guesthouse because it can be a little tricky to find.

The room is very cosy. There's even a PC in the room for your use as well as free Wifi. Ondol heating system in the room is really good for winter days. Only qualm I had was that the heater plumbing system is not as efficient. Breakfast is simple; breads and eggs and cereal.

Situated in Hongdae, you'll find many shopping places and eateries nearby. You can take the subway (airport railroad) directly to Hongdae University station.

If anything, it's the staff at Studio 41st who really made our stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
leenno, 매니저 at Studio 41st Hostel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hello, cescajo!

This is AJ, a manager of Studio 41st hostel.

Did you have a happy trip to go back your country?

Thank you for your excellent review. I am sure it will be helpful for other :)

I hope that you have a great time in here

and

we hope to see you soon :)

Take care♥

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

A great location, just 10 minutes walk from the subway. It is in a quiet residential neighborhood and I didn't worry about my safety at all. Plenty of shops and restaurants in the area, and even more over in the main Hongdae district.

The staff are friendly, helpful, and caring and try their best at English. I had no issues at all.

The rooms include a private kitchen and bathroom, quite convenient and clean. Only caveat is no elevator, so you must take your luggage up the stairs.

I highly recommend this place

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
leenno, 매니저 at Studio 41st Hostel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hello, Stanford!

This is Jin, a manager of Studio 41st hostel.

Did you have a happy trip to go back your country?:)

Thank you for your kind review.

I hope that we can see you again in Seoul, next time.

Take care♥
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

staying in Hongdae instead of the usual Myeongdong area this time round was the best decision made ever, and Studio41st Hostel is truly a gem of a find.

The location was slightly difficult to find initially after getting off the airport bus, but after a few rounds in the neighbourhood it's a comfortable 7-10 min walk from exit 2 of the Hongik station. The hostel keepers are super sweet people, and ever willing to lend a hand, accommodate our requests and make recommendations. The rooms are smallish, but definitely adequate for a comfortable stay (love the ensuite bathroom, kitchenette and water dispenser). Free WIFI is fast and reliable as well.

Hongdae would be the location of choice for my next visit to Seoul, as the eateries and shops are mainly catered to university students and hence reasonably priced (though the owners may not speak as much English, so it's helpful to know a few basic Korean words beforehand). The energy of the neighbourhood is just awesome and vibrant, and not as commercialized as the Myeongdong area.

Thanks for taking care of us during our stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MindyTay
leenno, 매니저 at Studio 41st Hostel, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Hello, Mindy:)

This is Jin, a manager of Studio 41st hostel.

Thank you for your honest review!

it was really nice to meet you and your friend accomodating as guests!

Hope to see you again in Korea.

Take care!!!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Note: I also wrote a review for Namu Guesthouse (sister property literally around the corner from Studio 41st). So check that out also... My review for Studio41st will really be almost identical as far as how much I love both places, the staff and locations.

Besides Korea being a super place to visit - One of the main reasons I felt so at home in Seoul is because of my stay at Studio 41st (as well as their sister property Namu Guesthouse...The staff is precious and amazing (both places).Key words: amazing, super, awesome, glorious, cozy, creative, clean, private, green, friendly, relaxed, great location, charming, quiet, in-expensive..... So the details:

Location: Very very good, in a quiet part of Hongdae area. ~10-15 minute walk to the bustle of Hongdae. About ~5-7 minute walk to line 2 subway. Line 2 is the circle line so super central transportation. Lots of charming cafes are nearby as well. Studio 41st looks just like the pictures on the website. No hocus pocus...

Guestrooms / Common Room / Amenities: CLEAN!...adorable decor, cozy and warm. I stayed on the 4th floor in a 4 person room. The room is a really good size, like your own little apartment w/ washer, kitchenette, mini table/chairs, TV/PC. Wi-Fi is available throughout property and works great. I loved the rooftop garden and you can feed the earth worms too (composting). I considered the breakfast pretty generous for all inclusive guesthouse amenity. Serve yourself, eggs, cereal, toast, fruit, juice, coffee/tea, yogurt..

Staff: I miss them!!!! Gaya, Ryan, Moon, Jin...and the mascot Gumi/Gami ..a hug for them all. I felt that all of them did their best to make our stay pleasant as well as keep the place a safe, clean, quiet, haven for it's guests. All of them have amazing personalities and when my friend and I were staying at Namu we would make special trips to say hi and just hang out with the everyone at Studio 41st. Ask Moon is she is selling prints of her paintings yet...heheh...If you are concerned about your rusty or beginning Korean (like me), not to worry all the staff speaks great English.

Good to Know: There is no lift / elevator to access Studio 41st. So you will need to walk up several flights of stairs depending which floor you are on. All of the rooms are private studio type rooms with a dedecent sized bathroom. If you have never stayed in Asia, then be prepared because the shower and bathroom (toilet/sink) are all one room with a floor drain. Have your own soap handy since it's studio/apartment type living.Towels are plentiful in the bathroom cabinets..

There is a washing machine in the room. It takes about 45 min -1 for a load. Soap is also provided. You will need to hang your launtry on the rooftop clothelines or there is a drying rack in a separate area in the bathroom. The guesthouse does have a policy about noise...so don't expect to have karaoke parties and dance-offs even though your room is private. The streets are also safe and quiet around the guesthouse. I walked home late at night often. If you are a single girl traveling alone you can feel pretty safe here as well (goes for all of Korea really). There are also several markets/ convenience stores located nearby.

And finally - if you are arriving by cab or walking...make sure you print the map from their website / give directions to the driver. It can seem a little tricky to get there the first time but it's pretty easy/close to get to the guesthouse from the line 2 metro or Arex. Studio 41st is about ~10 walk from bustling busy sections of Hongdae but there is lots going on/nearby. If you watch k-drama at all. the hostel is walking distance to the 1st Shop of Coffee Prince; ~20 min walk.

Happy travels!
-Kim

Room Tip: You may need to consider a room on the lower floors if available if you have trouble with stairs or...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
leenno, 매니저 at Studio 41st Hostel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hi Kim!!

Good to hear you again;)

Thank you for your detailed review!

It will be so helpful for other guests who want to know about our hostel!

We miss your groove which made us to have so much fun!

Hope you can have another chance to visit Korea, staying Studio 41st again:D

Take care!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Studio41st was a pleasant surprise, I feel like I am going home every time I return!

Great location, in a quiet neighborhood that is close enough to the very happening Hongdae area. Great rooms and concept to accommodate travelers that enjoy private spaces and the friendliness of a guesthouse!

But if you would like me to just pick one favorite out of this place, its gonna be the people who runs it that makes all the differences! Very very good job Moon, Jin, Gaya and Ryan and Mr. Lee!!

I will be back... :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
leenno, 매니저 at Studio 41st Hostel, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Hi Kevin!

I am Jin, the manager of Studio 41st :)

Thank you for your excellent review~! I am sure it is going to be helpful for others!

How is it going? Still feel like traveling abroad? Of course, you do! XD

I hope to meet you again, soon at our hostel !

Take care by then!

Studio 41st hostel, Seoul, Korea.
Seogwipo, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Although the system is set up for paypal the staff were very accommodating and helped with booking. All the mod con's available within the room, great location and the 3 staff I meet were the friendlies Korean's I have meet while living here over 1year now. Their English is great and they get a joke! Lovely people.

Room Tip: Terrible for fitness, my mistake, there isn't fitness there but they did help me find a gum arou...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Studio41st0041, Manager at Studio 41st Hostel, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Hello:)

This is Jin, the manager of Studio 41st.

Thank you for your kind review about our guest.

Based on your comment, we will do our best to improve service

so that you can enjoy the perfect moment in Korea:)

We hope to see you soon.

Take care:D★

STUDIO 41st HOSTEL
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were rerouted for a night's stay here after there was some miscommunication with the other place we had booked. We were given a great room and had a wonderful breakfast. A very modern and green and technologically advanced place to stay in Seoul.

• Stayed March 2012
Hello:)

This is Jin, the manager of Studio 41st.

Thank you for your kind review about our guest.

Based on your comment, we will do our best to improve service

so that you can enjoy the perfect moment in Korea:)

We hope to see you soon.