“Longy”

Ranked #30 of 568 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Seogwipo, South Korea
“Longy”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Although the system is set up for paypal the staff were very accommodating and helped with booking. All the mod con's available within the room, great location and the 3 staff I meet were the friendlies Korean's I have meet while living here over 1year now. Their English is great and they get a joke! Lovely people.

Room Tip: Terrible for fitness, my mistake, there isn't fitness there but they did help me find a gum arou...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Studio41st0041, Manager at Studio 41st Hostel, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Hello:)

This is Jin, the manager of Studio 41st.

Thank you for your kind review about our guest.

Based on your comment, we will do our best to improve service

so that you can enjoy the perfect moment in Korea:)

We hope to see you soon.

Take care:D★

STUDIO 41st HOSTEL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were rerouted for a night's stay here after there was some miscommunication with the other place we had booked. We were given a great room and had a wonderful breakfast. A very modern and green and technologically advanced place to stay in Seoul.

• Stayed March 2012
Hello:)

This is Jin, the manager of Studio 41st.

Thank you for your kind review about our guest.

Based on your comment, we will do our best to improve service

so that you can enjoy the perfect moment in Korea:)

We hope to see you soon.

Take care:D★

STUDIO 41st HOSTEL
Germany
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed there for 10 nights. The room was nice. It had a comfy bed, a couch, a kitchen with stove and fridge. There was a PC with free Wi-Fi, a wash mashing and you had your own bathroom with toilet and shower.

We easily foud the hostel with the map provided, the next metro station wasn't very far away. The common room where breakfast was served was cosy. They provided juice and coffee, cereals, toast, jam, cheese and eggs for you.

The best thing about Studio 41st were its managers. They were really friendly and helpful. Thank you so much again for giving us information on how to travel by bus and where to go shoe shopping! We would have been lost without you! And also thanks for willing to mail our huge amount of postcards :)

We can sincerely recommend this place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Studio41st0041, 매니저 at Studio 41st Hostel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012

This is Jin, the manager of Studio 41st.

Thank you for your detailed review!

It was really nice to accommodate you as a guest:D

By the way, did you find a shoes shop where sells shoes fits your size?

We had found some information but could not give you :(

Hope we see you soon-*

Take care!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My friends and I were really glad that we chose to stay at Studio 41st during our visit in Seoul. We stayed there for 4 nights. We love the hostel's concept. Very unique and homely at the same time. The managers (Moon, Jin, Ryan & Gaya) are so friendly and helpful. They would go extra mile to provide answers to any inquiries we had and we were very thankful for that.

Location is good, it is near to Hongik Uni station which is like 2 or maybe 3 stations away from Ewha; Great shopping place if you do not wish to see too much crowd at Myeondong or Dongdaemun.

Room is rather small but good enough for three of us (we had 2 rooms btw). There are small kitchen, computer and a washing machine which came in very handy when you didn't bring enough clothes.

I love their common room, we can call home every night as well from there. There is a free international call. Oh and breakfast was great; good variety to choose from. We didn't stay long since we always had to rush out for some tour or plan, but I wished we had spent more time there chatting with Jin or Moon (their managers in the morning).

If you are looking for a place to stay in Seoul, Studio41st is a very good choice. The people there can manage to make your stay very comfortable and I can't wait to go back again next year.

- Jenny

Hello!!

This is Jin, the manager of Studio 41st!

Thank you for your review and mail for the greeting:)

Next time, I hope you to take time longer so that we can have enough chatting time at our lovely common room ;)

it was a bit short but great time when we talk about trip ,plan and little piece of life:D

Take care and See you soon♥

Studio 41st hostel.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I can't say it's perfect but definitely tops my list if I go back to Seoul. My key concern is I can't imagine how to haul the luggage up 4 floors alone so we are really thankful for Ryan who helped us out. I don't know what else to do if he's not around (since he’s only around at night :o) The location “feels” far when you are hauling a luggage from the airport bus stop. The road going there is not easy either since the road slants a bit. But w/o a luggage, the train/bus stop is really not that far a walk.
We got a double deck bed but I ended up just sleeping on the lower deck because the ceiling has been a bit low for me. But it was okay since the lower deck was big enough to fit 2 people :) The room has been spacious enough and w/ several stuffs like TV/computer, mini kitchen, hot/cold water, and washing machine...great stuffs esp. if you have plans to stay long. The room has good ventilation with 2 windows (w/c you will need if you don’t want to smell like food after you use the kitchen) and has Ondol system for warmth :) One slight thing with the bathroom – it has a spider! But Mr. Spidey was immobile for days so we just ignored it (instead of shouting for help :P) The bathroom also does not have a place to hang clothes (note that this seems to be a norm in Korea hostels/guesthouse) so my tip is put your clean clothes in the small area where heating system is or just dress up in the room.

Breakfast was really great! :) (Makes me feel good w/ every cent I paid :P) Cereals, bread, ham, jam, eggs...the selection was wide enough :) My only dislike is the way coffee was brewed - I like it stronger so maybe next time, I will brew it my own :P

Lastly, I need to commend the service here (like our problem with luggage). Unlike the other place we stayed (w/c I have a separate review), we got help with direction like taking local bus to destination. We also got help right from the first time we set foot on the room on how to use the room like operating Ondol, computer, washing machine, etc. These may be small things but the time it took to share this kind of information helped the stay a lot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
leenno, Manager at Studio 41st Hostel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hi~

This is manager Gaya in Studio 41st.

Great thank you for your kind review.
It will be great help for us to consider our guest's point of view.

We will keep the bathroom more carefully. so sorry about spider thing :(

When you visit here again, you will feel more cozy and clean and convenient.

But our heart will not change. :)

thank you!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights (first night was at the related Namu Guesthouse around the corner, run by the same folks) and really cannot speak highly enough about the facility, the staff and the location. All were superb, especially the staff! Everyone - and really, I mean it, EVERYONE - working at Studio 41st treats you like family, except the good kind of family, not the creepy too nice and sugary or nice to a point family. Granted, we were stoked to be in Korea in the first place, but you cannot help to have a happy, upbeat demeanor when you stay at Studio 41st or Namu. Some small notes of mention to those who are thinking about booking here - if you are two people and can foot the bill, it's worth it to get a bigger room and have a little more space to move around in. For the two of us, we got a 4 person room and were really comfortable. Worth the extra money, no doubt about it. If you don't like walking up stairs, see if you can book a room on the 2nd floor. We were on 4 and while it wasn't so bad, I know there were days when I would have liked to come back and hunker down after only one flight up. I guess if you are the lazy sort, book the 2nd floor!
And make sure you give some special love to the resident cat, Gamy! Even he was nice to us!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Studio41st0041, 매니저 at Studio 41st Hostel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Hi!

This is Jin, the manager of studio 41st!

We loved you two who made our hostels full of laughing XD

I know you have so many excuses why you should come back to Korea,

I guess there would be "Next time" that we accommodate you as a guest/friend?♥

Thank you for your review! Take care♥♥♥♥
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My younger sister and I stayed here for 5 days 4 nights, and it was WORTH IT! Location wise, the hostel is just a few minutes walk from Hongik Station (Line 2 and AREX). Initially it took a while for me and my sister to look for the place but the map they provided helped us a lot. There are a lot of coffee shops, bakeries and a convenience store along the way so basically you wouldn't get bored in the area.

The managers are really great too! They're very friendly and accommodating. We got to meet Moon on the first day (by the way thanks for the note you gave us before we left for the airport!) and Jin who didn't fail to chat with us during breakfast. Hope you guys enjoyed the dried mangoes :)

The free breakfast is good enough to start your day. You could bring your breakfast to your room or eat it at the common room (which I recommend since it's fun chatting with Jin).

We were billeted in two different rooms for 2 nights each, one was the Double Room and the other was a Twin Room. Both rooms we're beyond what we expected, the beds are super comfortable and having a personal computer in the room was a nice touch. The kitchen in the room was good too for some late night cooking.

I would definitely go back here the next time I visit Seoul.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank keanca
Hi!

This is Jin, the manager of studio 41st.:)

Thank you for your detailed review. I am sure it helps other guests to see around our hostel in advance!

And tones of thanks for your Mango!!! It was super delicious!!!!!!

We all were so happy to meet you two, especially for me,

the morning with you guy were delight time:)

Take care, see you soooooon :^*