Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Seoulwise is great because:
1) It's VERY VERY clean. Spotless. Cleaner than my apartment at home, if that's not too gross to say. VERY clean.
2) The dorms are 4 people MAX. This means shower-sharing is easy, hygienic etc. Private rooms are large, with ensuite showers. Everything in the rooms is modern and works - great!
3) Hongdae is the best location in Seoul. For young peolpe who like fashion or bars or hang-out spots, anyway. The BEST indie bar in Seoul (Club FF) is about 10 mins walk away in the densely-packed party area of Hongdae. This is the kind of area where you get take-away cocktails in a bag! Wahey!
4) You can do your washing in the hostel if you're long-term travelling and you're nearing that "eeeep, I'm gonna run outta pants" time.
5) Breakfast is fine - toast, cereal, juice, and FRESHLY BREWED COFFEE. Mmmm.
6) Internet works very well - having hostelled around quite a bit I have learnt one should not underestimate the importnce of this. Daily frustration getting online (which you NEED to do when travelling) can really bring a trip down. Not so here!
7) There are helpful signs around the place - tips, rules etc. I know 'rules' doesnt sound all too important OR fun, but actually it shows the guesthouse is well-managed, and it makes being there just a bit more pleasant for everyone. For example, there's no curfew, but there is a 'quiet after 10PM' rule. If you want to go party, do it - that's half the fun of Seoul! But if you're dog-tired and want to get a good night's sleep, the hostel has made the effort to ensure everyone is behaving considerately enough for theis to happen. Small touch = big impact.
8) Young, the owner, is really nice, with a great knowledge of the area and Korea and, it seems, basically the whole world. His photos that he's taken whilst doing his own travels decorate the stairwell of the hostel and they're not only very good - he's clearly a great photographer - but they're from EVERYWHERE. It's probably why the hostel's managed so well - he's clearly stayed in a lot of places all over the world and he knows what you need as a traveller and has suppplied it wonderfully well. Amazing job.
9) It's reasonably priced. Look at the others listed - I bet you it's all around the same price, and I've stayed in Seoul before and spoken to lots of others who have too and the general concencus is that Seoul hostels don't really have to make the effort to be good in order to get your business - there's so many travellers here it's really easy pickings. Consequently we've all stayed in some really rather grotty holes and paid through the nose forthe pleasure. Stay here instead where it's lovely for the same money!

I will definitely be booking here the next time I'm in Seoul, which is the biggest reccommendation I can give, really!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Haley R
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is my 2nd stay (and 2nd review) here since 2010 and this time I brought my family since we came down to visit a family member. To my surprise, the guesthouse has gone through a facelift - the front desk, common area and kitchen has been refurbished to the ground floor, so there are more space to pretty much mingle around and keep in touch with the host, Mr Young.

One thing that makes Seoulwise great from other guesthouse is how complete and self sustainable the facilities are. Mr Young made everything so easy...and he's pretty much handles EVERYTHING from checking you in, explaining the guesthouse rules, sharing and suggesting what to do around South Korea and even cleaning! This guy is a powerhouse!

Lets go to the facilities...Seoulwise is not the glossiest looking, but do hear me out. If you are a first timer to Seoul without ANYTHING on your back, you can pretty much come here and have everything sort and laid out for you in Seoulwise.

1. The breakfast is basic continental (cereal, bread and juice), but enough to fuel up your day walking and navigating around Seoul.
2. Have no clues what to do in Seoul? Find Mr Young, look up in the computer provided in the common room or just browse the maps, guide books and even local newspapers! T-money is made available for loan at no expense (unlike some guesthouse I've been to)
3. Noisy roomate? Foam earplugs is made available at front desk.
4. Everything is labeled and pretty much 'strategize' for your convenience even if Mr Young is not around (which only happens at lunch time or when he's up cleaning). He will leave a telephone on the door or common area for you if he's not there. And if you don't wanna spend for toiletries (soaps and toothpaste, wtv) there are some leftover stash from previous visitors for you to use, if you don't mind using. Hey, free stuff!
5. Night life and food?: Seoulwise is located in young and hip university area, so even if your stomach can't yet digest kimchi, there are plenty of western eateries like Taco Bell, Starbucks, Paris Baguette. Not to forget the clubs around as well which comes to life on weekends.

I've no doubt that I will come back here again :)

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank rozerozeroze
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We were very happy with our choice of this guesthouse for our first visit to Seoul. Young, the owner, was a pleasure to deal with, first via email and then in person. He was very helpful and we always enjoyed talking with him about our experiences - both in Korea and traveling in general. The guesthouse is super clean and the room and bedding was comfortable. The location is convenient for the metro and airport train and Young provides a detailed map.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DayDiver
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Mr Young has been very wonderful in providing detailed information for directions to the places of interest in Seoul. He is extremely knowledgable and helpful.

Nanta is such a nice show. Thanks for helping us to book.

Thank you Mr Young!

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2012

My friend and I stayed for 3 nights (Mar 1-4, 2012). Every time we come in and go out the guesthouse, Mr. Young (owner) is always there in the lobby greeting us. He can speak fluent Korean, Japanese and English so it was easy to converse with him. He gave us detail directions and advice on where to go in Seoul and how we can save during our stay.

Date of stay: March 2012