Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is my 2nd stay (and 2nd review) here since 2010 and this time I brought my family since we came down to visit a family member. To my surprise, the guesthouse has gone through a facelift - the front desk, common area and kitchen has been refurbished to the ground floor, so there are more space to pretty much mingle around and keep in touch with the host, Mr Young.

One thing that makes Seoulwise great from other guesthouse is how complete and self sustainable the facilities are. Mr Young made everything so easy...and he's pretty much handles EVERYTHING from checking you in, explaining the guesthouse rules, sharing and suggesting what to do around South Korea and even cleaning! This guy is a powerhouse!

Lets go to the facilities...Seoulwise is not the glossiest looking, but do hear me out. If you are a first timer to Seoul without ANYTHING on your back, you can pretty much come here and have everything sort and laid out for you in Seoulwise.

1. The breakfast is basic continental (cereal, bread and juice), but enough to fuel up your day walking and navigating around Seoul.
2. Have no clues what to do in Seoul? Find Mr Young, look up in the computer provided in the common room or just browse the maps, guide books and even local newspapers! T-money is made available for loan at no expense (unlike some guesthouse I've been to)
3. Noisy roomate? Foam earplugs is made available at front desk.
4. Everything is labeled and pretty much 'strategize' for your convenience even if Mr Young is not around (which only happens at lunch time or when he's up cleaning). He will leave a telephone on the door or common area for you if he's not there. And if you don't wanna spend for toiletries (soaps and toothpaste, wtv) there are some leftover stash from previous visitors for you to use, if you don't mind using. Hey, free stuff!
5. Night life and food?: Seoulwise is located in young and hip university area, so even if your stomach can't yet digest kimchi, there are plenty of western eateries like Taco Bell, Starbucks, Paris Baguette. Not to forget the clubs around as well which comes to life on weekends.

I've no doubt that I will come back here again :)

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank rozerozeroze
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We were very happy with our choice of this guesthouse for our first visit to Seoul. Young, the owner, was a pleasure to deal with, first via email and then in person. He was very helpful and we always enjoyed talking with him about our experiences - both in Korea and traveling in general. The guesthouse is super clean and the room and bedding was comfortable. The location is convenient for the metro and airport train and Young provides a detailed map.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DayDiver
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Mr Young has been very wonderful in providing detailed information for directions to the places of interest in Seoul. He is extremely knowledgable and helpful.

Nanta is such a nice show. Thanks for helping us to book.

Thank you Mr Young!

Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed March 6, 2012

My friend and I stayed for 3 nights (Mar 1-4, 2012). Every time we come in and go out the guesthouse, Mr. Young (owner) is always there in the lobby greeting us. He can speak fluent Korean, Japanese and English so it was easy to converse with him. He gave us detail directions and advice on where to go in Seoul and how we can save during our stay.

Date of stay: March 2012
1  Thank MAN610
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I have traveled often and Seoulwise Guesthouse is hands down one of the best properties I have ever stayed at. The owner Young is very skilled at making his guests feel completely comfortable and welcome. He is extremely knowledgeable about the area and loves to help in whatever way possible. This was an incredible experience and words cannot express how highly I recommend this place for your stay in Seoul. Thanks so much Young!

Room tip: Both the dorm rooms and private rooms are fantastic. We stayed in both!
Date of stay: February 2012