“Geoje ladies go to Seoul!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Small-Group Korean Night Food Tour
Ranked #2 of 112 Tours in Seoul
More attraction details
Owner description: Our food tours should be your #1, must do thing in Korea. We are focused on great food and exclusive, curated experiences. Because our goal on is to have our guests experience culture through the cuisine. You can join other adventurous foodies on our popular Night Dining Tours or Street Food Tours or you can have a customized experience for you and your group. The was started in 2008 by noted Korean food historian and chef, Jia Choi, PhD. Our tours will take you on an in-depth adventure into Korea as you will taste, see, and explore. We have programs in Seoul and other great destinations such as Jeju, Jeonju, Boseong, Gyeongju, Busan and Andong. O'ngo has done tours and programs for groups and companies such as YPO (Young President's Organization), the European Union, the Hilton Group, Mars Chocolate, Yahoo! and more. Our tours, staff, and cooking classes have been featured in the New York Times, National Geographic (tv), The Kimchi Chronicles (tv), Bizarre Foods (tv), USA Today, Johnny Jet (web), Lonely Planet, Gadlings, Politiken, Olive Magazine, Food Network Asia, the Sydney Herald and Euronews. O'ngo is a registered and insured tour company with the Jongno area and the Korean Association of Tour Agents (KATA).
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Geoje, South Korea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Geoje ladies go to Seoul!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I just returned from a three day intensive culinary trip with a group of Expat ladies living in S Korea. This was my second time working with Dan and the O'ngo staff. I can honestly say that the second time was just as much fun as the first!

We spent two evenings touring local restaurants and spent two full days at the culinary school learning how to prepare traditional Korean dishes like Bibimbap, Mandu, seafood pancake, etc. The cooking school staff is very professional and helpful. I would highly recommended the experience.

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago
“Money well spent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I did the night time dining tour with Chuck and had a fantastic time!

It was so great being able to explore the different neighborhoods of Seoul with a true local, who knew the true gems within the city.

Chuck was really helpful, friendly and informative. We had such a great time on the tour and I have nothing but complimentary things to say about O'ngo!

Visited October 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gangnam Night Crawl”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Very fun experience. You get to try many interesting dishes and try some new ways of drinking cocktails. The atmosphere was really good. Even though you think you can't eat another bite you manage to find room for it just to say that you tried it. I enjoyed the tour so much that I am a repeat customer I went in May of 2012 with my husband and in April 2013 with my girlfriends.

1 Thank Rochelle Y
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing Culinary tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I just spent 3 weeks traveling and taking culinary classes in Seoul with the staff at O'ngo. The staff was amazing! Classes were taught very well by English speaking instructors. The tours of the market by Chuck and Daniel were very informative and fun. If you are interested in the food scene in Seoul, you should definitely book a tour and class with O'ngo.

San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Are you a foodie? Curious about Korean food and culture? Book this tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband I both love to eat and knew little to nothing about Korean food, so we decided to take the night dining tour based on the high ratings. We were not disappointed! I am getting hungry for Korean food just writing this review.

Our tour group consisted of 2 other couples and our excellent guide Jin. The small group allowed for easy casual conversations between the seven of us. Jin did a great job of explaining sights we saw along the way, what were eating and drinking, and Korean culture.

Over the course of the night we wound our way on foot through several interesting neighborhoods. We stopped at a variety of places, having a dish or two and a drinks of Korean alcohol at each one. Each of the places are spots where average Koreans eat, so you'll be immersed in real local culture which is pretty cool. This tour isn't slick, corporate, or anonymous. It's authentic and personal.

You will be eating a LOT of delicious food, so come hungry. Jin asked us if we had any dietary restrictions or food aversions and tailored our order at each restaurant accordingly - so don't worry if you have any allergies or are freaked out by certain foods.

I felt the price was right for this tour considering how much food and drinks we had and the personal attention from Jin. It was not only super fun, but very educational. I now have an appreciation for Korean food and plan on seeking it out in SF on a regular basis. I don't understand why Korean food isn't more popular in the USA since it's quite delicious.

TIP: Take this tour early on your trip to Seoul. You will know what you like and what to order while you're there. Enjoy Korea!

1 Thank hellohaven