“Good business Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #72 of 469 Hotels in Seoul
Colchester England
“Good business Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in Dec 13. As advised by other reviewers I went for a high corner room. I was on the 14th floor and it was very quiet. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was typical business fare, fresh and good variety for local & Western tastes. Only slight downside was that I went for a non smoking room but it reeked of smoke, guessing other rooms would be similar I did not complain

Room Tip: Go for a high corner room which is quiet with a good view. If smoke bothers you check out your "...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Essexworldtraveller
베스트웨스턴프리미어구로호텔, 매니저 at BEST WESTERN Premier Guro Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your staying with Best Western Premier Guro hotel. We do apologize that we caused any inconvenience. Some guests confuse about the smoking and non-smoking room when they choose the room type. We are going to clean the room and the hall more carefully. Thank you.

Lee. Reseravtion Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

It's December, I have the window open and the heater off and the room is still so hot and stuffy that I'm starting to feel sick. I wake up sweating every hour. The temperature is central air, and they automatically switch it from A/C to heating when the weather turns cold. There's a huge window but you can only open a small part of it and only tilt it open a couple centimeters. The street is very noisy.

I just called the premier assistance desk to ask if there's any way to cool the room and I'm shocked that the man I spoke to was so rude. He raised his voice to me for no reason and said "Why don't you open the window!"

This was the second time a staff member here was very rude to me. The first time was when an employee was getting in the same elevator as me and "shooed" me out of his way. I know Korean culture is different but if some people working here can smile and be civil why can't others?

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Josei_a
Thank you for your staying with Best Western Premier Guro hotel.
We do apologize that we cause inconvenience, We have some new staff and they are not used to handle unexpected situations that's why they made very big mistakes. We are very sorry and we are going to educate them to provide more satisfied service. Thank you.

Lee, - Reseravtion Manager
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Nice location for coffee lovers because Starbucks is connected from the hotel lobby. Very convenient. The breakfast was good with a variety for Western diet and Korean diet.
Overall room was clean and small - very common in Asia. Modern decor in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your staying with Best Western Premier Guro hotel. I hope you that you had a great time in Seoul and especially at Guro hotel. I look forward to seeing you in Korea again. Thank you.

Jambi Province, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there last December winter. Nice setup with friendly staff. Hotel located near amenities. A plus point for people like us to laze around enjoying coffee and croissants. There is convenient store next to the hotel. Good area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with Best Western Premier Guro hotel. I am glad to hear that you had a great time at Guro hotel. I look forward to seeing you in Seoul again. Thank you.

Jurong, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We checked into the 5☆ hotel for two nights in Seoul. The lobby looked good compared to other hotels we have stayed for the last four nights. There was wifi everyehere. Our room had two comfortable single beds with sparkling white bedsheets. Toiletries and two bottled mineral water were provided, except we had to pay for the toothbrushes and tooth paste. The bath tub, toilet and sink were all in one. The toilet bowl came attached with the bidet system which I liked very much. Shoppings and restaurants were all round and within walking distance from the hotel. I would like to stay in this hotel again during my next visit to Seoul.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your staying with Best Western Premier Guro Hotel.
I hope that you had a great time in Guro hotel and Seoul. We will do our best to provide better service to the guest. I look forward to seeing you in Seoul again. Thank you.

Lee. -Reseravtion Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is new. I received good price in the Internet, but when I claimed points as best western elite member, they told me: they cannot give me because I reserved the hotel through the Internet. Very strange, and first time it happens to me with best western chain.
The room is perfect for businessmen. All the facilities needed, like ironing, coffee/tea maker etc. although, I used the toothbrush and later discover I have to pay for it... Also first time I Accur such a situation.
The location in Guro is ecxellent. Near many caffe and restaurants.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank boazsharon
Thank you for your staying with Best Western Premier Guro hotel.
We do apology that we caused any inconvenience. We offered over 50% discounted price on the On-line that's why we cannot give you the memberweb point. Thank you.

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is our first time in South Korea on a 8 day-holiday with a tour group including my wife and daughter. We stayed in this hotel situated in a quiet neighbourhood on the first and the last day of our tour. We are delighted with the overall service and the front desk officers were helpful despite of language difficulties

As most of the time we are on city tour, we find this is a perfect hotel to unwind ourselves. The room is spacious and clean. However, if we were to visit Seoul the next time on our own, we would prefer to stay closer to downtown for a simple reason of language difficulties to get assistance for direction from the local people.

Room Tip: Preferably on higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
베스트웨스턴프리미어구로호텔, 고객 담당 매니저 at BEST WESTERN Premier Guro Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
dear, guest.
thanks for your staying at Bestwestern premier Guro hotel.
we always try to give a pleasure for out guest.
actually, guro hotel is a little bit far (around 20 minutes) from downtown.
but there is convenient subway and around 3 minutes by walk from Guro digital complex station.
there are lots of restaurants around hotel and big mart beside us.

if you visit to Seoul one more time, please stay with us again.
we have a shuttle bus from GASAN Premier outlet often.
it seems like Dongdaemun outlet.

thanks for your review and regards,

-wk.lee. reservation manager-