“New decorated. Good location for Guro”

Best Western Premier Guro Hotel
Ranked #108 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
“New decorated. Good location for Guro”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is new. I received good price in the Internet, but when I claimed points as best western elite member, they told me: they cannot give me because I reserved the hotel through the Internet. Very strange, and first time it happens to me with best western chain.
The room is perfect for businessmen. All the facilities needed, like ironing, coffee/tea maker etc. although, I used the toothbrush and later discover I have to pay for it... Also first time I Accur such a situation.
The location in Guro is ecxellent. Near many caffe and restaurants.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank boazsharon
베스트웨스턴프리미어구로호텔, 매니저 at Best Western Premier Guro Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your staying with Best Western Premier Guro hotel.
We do apology that we caused any inconvenience. We offered over 50% discounted price on the On-line that's why we cannot give you the memberweb point. Thank you.

Lee. - Reseravtion Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is our first time in South Korea on a 8 day-holiday with a tour group including my wife and daughter. We stayed in this hotel situated in a quiet neighbourhood on the first and the last day of our tour. We are delighted with the overall service and the front desk officers were helpful despite of language difficulties

As most of the time we are on city tour, we find this is a perfect hotel to unwind ourselves. The room is spacious and clean. However, if we were to visit Seoul the next time on our own, we would prefer to stay closer to downtown for a simple reason of language difficulties to get assistance for direction from the local people.

Room Tip: Preferably on higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
베스트웨스턴프리미어구로호텔, 고객 담당 매니저 at Best Western Premier Guro Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
dear, guest.
thanks for your staying at Bestwestern premier Guro hotel.
we always try to give a pleasure for out guest.
actually, guro hotel is a little bit far (around 20 minutes) from downtown.
but there is convenient subway and around 3 minutes by walk from Guro digital complex station.
there are lots of restaurants around hotel and big mart beside us.

if you visit to Seoul one more time, please stay with us again.
we have a shuttle bus from GASAN Premier outlet often.
it seems like Dongdaemun outlet.

thanks for your review and regards,

-wk.lee. reservation manager-
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at this property in December`11 and had a very nice experience there. Despite the hotel is quite far away from the major tourist attractions, it is very conveniently located otherwise: bus stop are right by the entrance, subway within 3 min walk, E-Mart right across the street, post office is next door, etc. There are tons of local eateries in the neighborhood, so you`ll get more local Korean atmosphere than in the downtown area.
The service and rooms (bathrooms equipped with Japanese toilets!) were very good. I am definitely recommend it if you don`t mind staying outside of the downtown.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Katyakatya007
베스트웨스턴프리미어구로호텔, 매니저 at Best Western Premier Guro Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear, our guest.
thank you very much for your kind response.
we really want you to stay with us again.
we will try to satisfy all your wants.

thanks and regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for 5days from 19th Aug to 23rd Aug. During this 5D4N stayed, my overall experience is pleasant.

Pros:
1. A lot of resturants around the hotel surrounding area but not much shops on clothings or supermarket around this area
2. Hotel room is very neat and tidy. Room is spacious and bed is superb comfortable
3. Wifi is good (i am staying at level 6)
4. Fast check in and check out
5. hotel staffs are very polite and they know ho to speak basic English

Cons:
1. Hotel breakfast is very limited. Not much selection.
2. Location is abit far from seoul shopping area like Namdaemun, Dongdaemun, Itawon etc.

Given a choice, I would like to stay somewhere nearer to the shopping district rather than here however due to this is a business trip, so I can't comment too much..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank happytravellerSG
Thank you for staying with Best Western Premier Guro Hotel. For your next visit I would like to recommend [Gasan digital Complex station] which have a lot of outlet malls and takes 15 minutes by walk from the hotel. I look forward to seeing you in Seoul again. Thank you.

Lee. - Reseravtion Manager
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stay at this business hotel for 18 days in a suite with kitchen on a business trip.

Pros:
1) Very big, clean and spacious rooms, comfortable beds, excellent sleeping quality.
2) Close proximity to many cafes such as Starbucks and many restaurants
3) Staff very helpful, polite and speak good English
4) Free wifi and LAN available

Cons:
1) Poor housekeeping. The cups and glasses in the room were not washed/replaced at all. They just put them back in place. Also, it took a really long time for them to clean up my room. I left my room at 10am in the morning and found out that my room was still uncleaned at 2pm.
2) Free wifi in all rooms but very unstable and often disconnected.
3) Hallways are very dark and lack lighting.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to leisure travelers as the location is 30min by subway to key tourist spots such as Myeongdong, Insadong, Dongdaemun, Itaewon, etc.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Karen M
베스트웨스턴프리미어구로호텔, 고객 담당 매니저 at Best Western Premier Guro Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear, guest.
first of all, thank you for staying Bestwestern Premier Guro hotel.
and your review.

we try to good conneting for wifi, and give a warning to house keeping
to deep and quick clean for all rooms.
Actually, our hotel is a little bit far from downtown.
so we have lots of guest for business because of the location.
but very convience to go to down town by subway, sorry for unconvience about transportation.

we will try to give a pleasant to guests who will stay our hotel.
we hope to see you again.

-lee-
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here with my mum for a tour in korea. Location is a bit off but the hotel is clean and good. Not a shopping district. Only a few shops here but there is an alley filled with restaurant for the locals. Since its my first to korea, for my next trip if i am here for shopping i would stay at Myeongdong.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 1, 2013

After staying 5 nights here, I am very sure that the previous positive comments showing at this site were written by its own staffs. I only can give this hotel at 3 stars the most. The key bad things are as follow :-
1. Lost things in my room after clean up. Lucky that the things (food) are not expensive ( i.e. about 3000 won), and it may be the reason the housekeeper stole them as they know tourist won't border to report.
2. Poor English at front desk and concierge. For enquiry at concierge, the gentleman just passed the phone to me and let me talk to the shop directly.
3. 8-10 mins walk to the metro station instead of the mentioned of "very near".
4. The location is really really far from the centre, you need to take at 1east 1 hour to the city centre. Really exhausted!!!
5. The mentioned e-mart supermarket not exactly at the opposite as well. You have to cross 2 roads and take 5 mins walk.
6. The amenities' quality in room are poor, which I never have before ( at least 100 hotels I have stayed before). So, I have to buy soap and shampoo. Charge for the toothpaste and toothbrush ( 3000 won) and I did not open it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends