“Home away from home”

and 1 more site!
Namu Guesthouse
Ranked #52 of 958 Seoul B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Very homely and cosy guesthouse in a pleasant peaceful neighbourhood, quaint cafes and eating places all about. Most importantly, comfortably spaced from the subway line and the shopping streets along Hongdae. The route from the subway station to the guesthouse is also luggage-friendly - A huge plus if you like shopping (and piling up your luggage as a result) ;)

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank iyuhsmul
NAMU_Guesthouse, 매니저 at Namu Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Thanks for your generous review.
We are so happy that you enjoyed your vacation in Seoul with NAMU Guesthouse.
We hope you can stay with us again :)
And I agree with you about thought of shopping :P

I hope you will always be happy.

NAMU Guesthouse in Seoul, Korea

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I chose to stay at this guesthouse as it seemed to get good reviews and pictures looked nice. Well, maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I can't tell, because in the end we didn't stay there.

The reason was the following : We made a reservation for three nights and received back an email that 'yes, they had room for us [albeit not the one that we had requested]' and we were asked to make a deposit of the first nights stay. Fair enough, that is more or less standard procedure.

However, what is not standard procedure is that only after transferring the deposit were we informed that we could stay only two nights in one room and then we would have to move to another room in another location. Now, overbooking occurs and similar situations has happened to me at even high class hotels. But in those cases, the transfer of room was always accompanied by an apology and no extra charge. In the case of Namu guesthouse, we would have to pay the higher cost of the second room.

We could no longer have trust in this guesthouse and luckily Seoul is flooding with good guesthouses (I will post review of our final choice as soon as our stay there is finished).

The only reason that I'm a two instead of a one rating for this place is that they repayed me my deposit (although it took them three days to do so). However, we may have been lucky, in the conditions they state that normally deposits cannot be repayed, but only transferred towards a future stay. I guess the reason we could get our deposit back was because they acknowledged their mistake.

This guesthouse looks nice, but in summary it is just too unprofessional. They don't know how to handle bookings, they are too difficult to communicate with due to poor English and you risk that they will keep your deposit.

Even without staying there, my recommendation is to find somewhere else

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Boqa

I feel really sorry about that.
We did mistake. But that was not my intent.
It is kind of matter of communication. And we also have your e-mail.
Anyway, thank you for your comment.
With your help we can develop even better service in the future.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This guesthouse is small, yet it manages to provide guests a very wonderful stay. Solo backpackers would love this place as there is a 100% assurance of making friends with all the guests. It's location is just average because it is a walking distance to the Hongik University Station and Hongdae (a favorite destination of both locals and tourists for shopping and nightlife) but will take you around 10 minutes. There's also free breakfast and laundry. This is simply the best guesthouse I have ever seen.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jetsetterking
NAMU_Guesthouse, 매니저 at Namu Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

This is Olivia, the manager of Namu :-)

Thanks so much for your wonderful review.

It would be very helpful to us to provide our guest better service.

Hope you come back next time.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The guest house was cool! The staff were very attentive , great location, clean and peaceful
I shall stay there again when I come back to Korea!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
NAMU_Guesthouse, Manager at Namu Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thanks for your wonderful review, Alan!

It's getting hot in Korea, I think when you came it was very nice to walk around here.

I wonder you did propose to the girl you told me :)

Next time come back to Namuguesthouse with her!

Take Care, Alan

Olivia

Reviewed June 20, 2012

the guest house was very cozy.... everything you need will be provided and that staff were very attentive specially jia who was always around.... see you soon jia!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Hi Markeden,

This is Olivia, the manager of Namuguesthouse.
I am glad that you satisfied staying at Namu with Jia :)

We always try our best to provide great service and cozy enviroment.
Keep us in your mind when you come back to Korea again.

Thanks so much for the review.
We really appreciate that.

Olivia

Reviewed June 5, 2012

A great guesthouse in a convenient location (right in hongdae). The guesthouse was clean and spacious. It had a great atmosphere. The manager was very helpful and friendly ^^ A lovely breakfast was served! I would definitely recommend Namu for a lone traveler or a group - I will certainly stay there again when I am back in Seoul!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Overall, we are happy and please with the guesthouse interior design as well as the facilities.The staff is friendly, attentive and helpful. It is also spacious and well maintain. Everyday, Elly will assist with the breakfast and Patrick will come to clean the house. We will be coming back again for the next visit =)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family