“If you're looking for Korean BBQ, this is the place!”

Hwaroyeon Myeongdong
Ranked #5,887 of 122,548 Restaurants in Seoul
Cuisines: Barbecue, Asian, Korean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Myeongdong / Namdaemun
Singapore, Singapore
“If you're looking for Korean BBQ, this is the place!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Came here with 2 other friends for dinner. This place was recommended by our hotel's concierge. Located at the famous Myeong-dong shopping district, it was a small restaurant, cosy with friendly and helpful staff. We ordered the premium beef/rib, mushroom, pancake and kimchii soup. A waitress cooked/grilled the food at tableside, making sure the food was cooked just right before gesturing to us to start eating! And it was delicious!! Best korean BBQ I've ever tasted. Prices are reasonable. Highly recommended if you're in the area.

• Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Bustling atmosphere, helpful staff, good food”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This place was recommended to me by the concierge at my hotel as a place that is known for its pork. I got both pork and beef, and it was cooked for me tableside (Korean BBQ style) by a waitress who spoke almost no English, but was happy to establish communication via single words and sign language, and made sure I did things right. The meat was excellent, as were the little side dishes (the egg custard-like stuff was very bland, but I think it's supposed to be). The place was quite busy and a little loud, which is good for people-watching but not great if you wanted a romantic date, for example.

There are a million places to eat in Myeongdong. I don't know yet how it compares to any others, because this is the first one I tried, but I enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it.

Dinner for one cost about 50,000 won (two meat dishes, rice, and soda).

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Grisha G
Manila, Philippines
“Good food and ambience in a convenient location”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We were looking for a place to eat samgyeopsal and we came across this place in one of the sidestreets of Myeongdong. We found the place very nice and friendly. The samgyeopsal was delicious and we finished everything. It was grilled in front of us at the table which added to the experience. The restaurant is very busy at dinner time but the food didn't take so long coming. Will come back another time when we visit Seoul again. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited March 2012