“Cozy room, friendly staff, and great location”

Hotel Skypark Myeongdong I
Ranked #84 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My review title almost has said it all. The room is small but cozy. Free use of Business center and beauty center on every floor, decorated in pretty pink sponsored by one of the cosmetic brands.
Our room has a heated toilet seat, which was a warm treat during winter. The location is just right on the myeongdong market street, perfect for shopping and local street food.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank j-lho
There are newer reviews for Hotel Skypark Myeongdong I

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This hotel is very nice located.
A few rooms are no windows.
Breakfast is good, but simple.
Only at 2 minutes, by walk, to go to metro.
The crew are really helpfull.
We stayed 8 nights, and everything was perfect...
Myeondong is perfect to make shopping, There is also a market, a lot of restaurant (Korean fois, chineese fois...).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cthsxm
Reviewed June 8, 2012

went there in may 2012 for 5 days excellent weather ... great location where all facial products shops are in real close proximity ... with all the facial products we bought from almost all the facial shops eg: faces shop .. tony moly .. etc we are able to put them into our room and continue with the "killing" and not waste much time ..
its only a 10 mins walk to the subway or less ...
room wise was really small like other mention in other reviews .. And given we were given a corner room.. love the toilet "smart toilet"

will definitely stay in the hotel when I visit Korea again ..!!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank minopolist
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The hotel is in a great location and good value for what it offers. The room we had was pretty darn small though but fitted out to a good level. This included a "smart" toilet. Worth booking just to give that a go really.

Where the hotel fell down though was.
1) Breakfast - this was a pretty thin spread and not great selection. The coffee in particular was a bit naff.
2) I'd already mentioned that the room was quite small but there was no natural light at all. There was a window but it went out onto an internal bamboo filled tunnel.

However the location is fantastic and I would be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you can get one with a window!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank johnshaft2000
Reviewed May 16, 2012

it's really a great location one cannot deny! every woman will love this hotel as it's in the HEART of Myeongdong! but rooms are really small despite I had already booked DELUXE TWIN.. WiFi are somehow "weak" during "peak period"..as in the hours u expect guests to wake up and back in hotel... there's a 24hour fastfood LOTTERIA opposite and there's a 24hour korean restaurant 3-5minutes walk on your left once u stepped out of the hotel building's ground floor.

Room Tip: DELUXE rooms are really bigger than Superior!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bluez84lady
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I just stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. If you like shopping and eating, then this hotel is ideal. It is also near tourist attractions such as the N Seoul tower, Dongdaemun, the palaces etc.
I read previous reviews that said that the rooms are small. The rooms are actually much bigger than rooms you would find in hong kong. We didn't find it small at all. The room is clean as well.
Getting to and from the airport is easy! You can take the Airport shuttle bus #6015 for 10,000 won each way. The bus stop is right in front of sejong hotel, which is really like a 3 minute walk away. I'm not sure why others complained that it was far.
Also, we booked on agoda.com with no breakfast included, but upon checkin, the receptionist included daily breakfast vouchers for us which was a plus!:) We also received coupons to etude, and face masks. Checkin time is 2pm but the receptionist actually did allow us to checkin earlier. We decided to wait however, since he said he could get us a room with a window. Overall, we had a good stay at this hotel and would highly recommend it to others who are looking for a nice affordable convenient place to stay near central locations.

Room Tip: Ask for a window!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alice Y
Reviewed April 25, 2012

It wasn't our first choice, but we had to settle for this one. The location was pretty good cause it's right in Myeongdong. Only 2 minutes walk to the nearest Metro station. I would say the airport shuttle bus station is quite far for us. Not so convenient, especially if you have heavy luggages.
The staffs are very helpful, in their broken-English accent. They won't let us check-in before 2pm, and our flight arrived very early, so we had to walk around the area before we could check-in. I wish they would cut us some slack, since we had a long tiring flight. What really surprised us was how tiny the room was! I'm not Claustrophobic, but I couldn't even sleep the first few nights.
WiFi is free in hotel area.
They don't serve American buffet breakfast, but Continental breakfast. So just some breads, omelettes, and juices. After a few days, we got bored of the same breakfast over and over again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple