“Good crowd”

Ranked #1 of 942 Seoul B&B and Inns
London
“Good crowd”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

at first glance this hostel appears to be a bit of a minefield of rules and regulations but once you are settled in , it is a very pleasant place to stay. the place is immaculately clean and has nice little touches like free shampoo and shower gel in the bathrooms, plus a lovely balcony area.

the wifi is extremely fast and the crowd the hostel attracts are a really good friendly bunch (i think that makes it great).

i would definitely stay here again and the dog is great, never known such a quiet well behaved dog!!

only justin was on duty during my 5 day stay and he was very helpful when required if a little tired at times as he appeared to be there 24 hours a day with no real break (iron man!!!!)

Jimmy was extremely helpful over email prior to my stay but i didnt see him during the stay. between the two of them they have created a very nice guesthouse in a great area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LondonTravellerUK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Kl
Reviewed June 15, 2012

"Wel-come-inn" (welcoming) is more like it for this modest little place. Quaint and cozy, Come Inn doesnt have to boast much with fancy furnitures etc... Plus, the price is right.
The place is neat and clean, service is EXCELLENT- assistance is extended more you can ask for! ( infact, it is way much better than a 6 star hotel I've stayed before).
You dont have to worry about noise in the hostel at night. They have rules and residents respects them.
You will definitely look forward and feel happy to come back after a long tired day.

If you're a coffee lover, theres rows and rows of cafe around this place. Or, if you're a party goer looking for night life excitement theres plenty. Girls, theres fashion street in every nooks and cranny for you to comb through.

I will definitely recommend my friends to stay over at Come Inn and I would love to come back to stay at this place again myself.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2012

One of my best hostel experience. What makes a vacation even more memorable is the accomodation. What makes this guesthouse unique are the hosts, Justin and Jimmy. Justin has been above & beyond making us feel completely at home. He even brought us to his fav BBQ restaurant and cooked for us! Jelle, the dog is absolutely adorable and well-behaved. I love coming back to the hostel and Jelle greets me at the door. Free wifi, free use of washing machine are great pluses. Bring your earplugs if u stay in 8-bed dorm. Hongdae is a great location, but party goes 24/7. Still, I won't hesitate coming back to stay at Come Inn again.

Room Tip: Stay in 4-bed dorm if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Spent 7 nights in this guesthouse with 4 friends and had a wonderful time. Come Inn's strength lies in the dedication of their staff and well thought out conveniences which probably stem from staff having travelled widely themselves. Jimmy and Justin are serious about making guests feel comfortable. Justin totally mothered us so we felt completely at home :) Resident hostel dog Jelly is so adorable you'd just look forward to coming back after a long day! Would give them 110% if I could. Highly recommended

• Stayed May 2012
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed at Come Inn for five days in April 2012. The room (private room on the first floor) was pretty basic and rather clean. Like another reviewer wrote, I would probably go for the twin room upstairs instead next time, as it is more quiet. The common area on the other hand is very comfortable, much like a living room, and there were almost always people hanging out there. Showers and bathrooms are clean and shampoo and shower lotion are provided.

The location near Hongik University is central and great wether you want to check out the active night life (we did not) or explore the city.

The most valuable asset of Come Inn hostel has to be the manager Justin though. He is extremely friendly and helpful, helped us competently in planning our further trip ahead, and is just an all around good person.

Come Inn is an ideal budget accommodation and we will happily visit again.

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank Qualtinger
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights in Feb and had an amazing time in Seoul. However our stay at Come Inn was marred due to the fact that we had money stolen from our room.

We booked a double room which was failry small but had everything that we needed. There was a sink in the room and the toilet was right next to our room along with the reception and living area. This was quite noisy at times. If I'd have known the double room was right next to reception then I would have tried to book the twin room that was on the first floor.

Our door had a punch key pad with code and we therefore thought our belongings would be safe. The main door into the guesthouse also has a keypad however the code is written on the back of the door so anyone could probably enter.

In the 5 days that we were there our bedding was never changed so were therefore assumed no one had been in our room. We then left Seoul and headed to Bangkok. On arriving we realisd that we had a substantial amount of money stolen $300 and 4600 thai baht. We had hidden the money in our laptop case behind some documents. We'd had no need for this money in Seoul so hadn't noticed it was missing previoulsy. We would normally put the laptop in our rucksack and lock it but there was one day that we were rushing and so we hid the laptop in it's case under a pile of our clothes. For someone to have found the money and take it they would have had to have gone through all our clothes and been in our room for a considerable amount of time. As our room was next to the reception area there was usually always a member of staff or a guest there during the day and the night. The code to our door was very simple but who would have the guts to try a code and then go into our room when we could come back anytime?

I received an email from Justin asking me if I'd have a safe journey and thanking me for staying with them. I replied straight away and explained about the money. After 2 days there was still no response. I then emailed the main email address and Jimmy came straight back to me. He mentioned that they had discussed security previously and that he'd mentioned it to Justin. He didn't believe that it was his staff but who else had easy access to our room with no questions asked and knew the code? He apologised for our loss and offered $100 compensation which we accepted and appreciated. Apart from our money stolen Come Inn was an okay hostel. I would definitely visit Seoul as it's a great city although I would stay at another establishment.

Room Tip: If you want a private room ask for a twin room which is on the first floor
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank dalymelissa
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I recently stayed there for 4 nights. The location was great, near to shops, restaurants, and public transport. When booking, my emails and questions were meet with a timely response. The guys working ( sorry I can't remember his name) was super friendly, and kept the place very clean and tidy. I would stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: Stayed in the 8 person dorm in Feb...there were only 3 of us in there.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo