“Quiet, classy, and excellent”
Review of Tango du Chat - CLOSED

Tango du Chat
Neighborhood: Itaewon
Neighborhood: Itaewon
Reviewed February 24, 2013

If you're looking for high-quality brunch in Seoul, Tango du Chat is definitely a place to visit. Tucked away down the hill below Itaewon in Hannam-dong, it's not crowded and always carries an elegant ambiance. The eggs benedict is superb, as is the salmon sandwich. Great place to impress a date. Staff is friendly and quite capable in English if 한국어 isn't your specialty. Price quite reasonable for the experience -- W15,000 + 10% VAT.

Make sure to make a reservation as the owner shops for food the day of your meal and doesn't keep much more on hand than what will feed that day's customers. You can enter without a reservation but expect the staff to ask that you make a reservation next time. Also you won't have access to the full menu if you walk in. This inability to walk in spontaneously is the only reason I don't give Tango 5 stars, but given its small size I understand why they would have limited ability to serve walk-in customers.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

While the food may be great (as other reviews indicate), this place is relatively pricey: +20k won for anything non-snacky.

1  Thank Darthenius
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Sober and elegant decoration.
Fresh products, nice service, excellent quality!
As a French cuisine amateur I recommend this place very much!

2  Thank sephiff
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Went there once for dinner and they did not have athingnof what was on the menu. All they could serve was an egg benedict from the brunch menu.

2  Thank Michiel0404
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I must say I have passed this little gem on several occasions with the thought to try them out one day. Last night I did just that and I was not disappointed, the owner and staff were first class all the way. I have not experienced service on this level in years it was top notch from the moment we stepped inside until the we left full and satisfied. The wine and food was excellent..okay the best I've had. Will definitely be going back..the owner I'm not sure how to spell her name so I won't attempt it here but she is very knowledgeable and very friendly and attentive. Definitely one of Seoul's best kept secrets.

1  Thank Xthespot