IB Ville Guesthouse
$70
$213
$198
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 16, 2010

Firstly, this hotel is cheap, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

The positives: Big TV, good internet which is free, the price is excellent, it's in a good location very close to Myeong Dong shopping area and the centre of Seoul. Also very close to the subway meaning it's easy to get to other parts of the city. The staff were also mostly friendly and helpful.

The negatives: Heating was all over the place. It was freezing outside, but at night my room was absolutely boiling, so much so that I had to complain about it but was told there was nothing they could do as the heating came from under the floor. The AC in my room didn't have a control, so couldn't change the temperature. I only stayed for 3 nights, but for 2 of those nights they didn't provide a towel for me. I thought they just didn't provide them so bought some myself, then on the final night they tell me sorry, we just forgot about the towels, then give them to me. There were a lot of ants in my room too.

Maybe these are individual problems that you won't encounter if you stay there, I hope so. But this was my first hotel and a combination of the problems listed above plus jet lag meant my stay was not really a positive one.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2010

The room and bathroom were clean and as seen in the pictures. A floor heater system (adjustable temperature) will keep you warm enough during winter. Towels are provided too and it is self service. There is free WiFi available as well. Cable TV was also provided with many channels including a few HD channels (most channels are in Korean). There is no curfew timing for this guesthouse.

Finding the guesthouse from Sejong Hotel was not difficult. However, the walk from Sejong Hotel, through Myeong Dong station, to the guesthouse will not be an easy one (if you have a heavy luggage) as there are a few long flights of stairs and there is no escalator or lifts available in the subway. Upon exiting the subway, you have to walk up a gradual slope (Namsan Hill is just behind) around 100m (I think) before reaching it. Another downside is that the guesthouse does not have lifts. The location might not be suitable for people with many heavy luggage or old aged people due to the amount of climbing and walking needed.

Overall, the price was reasonable with the services that it provided. Also, it is just 6-7mins walk from Myeong Dong where there are lots of things to shop and other attractions such as Namdaemun & Dongdaemun are just a few stops away.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We stayed at IB ville for 4 nights in mid-Oct 2010. We agree with all the nice things about this place mentioned by other travelers. However, we didn’t like the following:-
(a) lugging our luggage up to the 2nd floor as there is no elevator. It was harder on our last day as our luggage weighed much more than the lst day.
(b) agree that the two people in charge of this guest house are friendly. We saw them for the first day and during breakfast time on the second day (they provide free toast and coffee) but after that, they were no where to be found when we needed their help. We called them from the phone at the pantry/computer area but no one answered the call.
(c) At night, we left the window opened slightly instead of turning on the air-con. We could not sleep well as their blankets were not thick enough to keep us warm. We asked for extra blankets but we were told to turn on the heater instead.
(d) This guesthouse is rather difficult to locate as it is situated in a small road off the main road.
(e) It’s also rather inconvenient to get to the guesthouse from the airport bus drop-off point at Hotel Sejong. From here, you will need to lug your luggage towards the Myeongdong Station and get down a flight of stairs at this station and up another flight of stairs to the other side of the road. So far, we did not see any escalator or elevator in the Korean subways.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank phwongsg
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I was a solo traveller in Seoul and had stayed in IB Ville for 6 nights in September 2010. The facilities were new and well equiped. Internet is free!! And also, the people running this place speaks english and are friendly too. The room rates are not expensive at all. Feels comfortable and at ease! Location wise, it could'nt get any better. A short walk would lead to Myeongdong subway and of course, the hippy myeongdong shopping area. Btw, must try the sandwiches at the shop called "Isaac". It's along the way from the subway to IB Ville. Awesome.....

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2010

One of my friends stayed here before and had some good things to say but with the price i was paying i didnt expect much out of this. but man this was such a pleasant surpise. I must admit that i was quite impressed with this guest house. My room was not huge but was big enough for two people and everything was pretty much new so i coudlnt be more happy about it.
The only minor complain i have is that the place doesnt have a phone in the room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple