Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here for 7 nights from end of Aug to early Sep - & we didn't have anything to complain about. Location was excellent since it was just minutes away from Namsan tower, Myeongdong & subway station. We were also in very close proximity with cafe, restaurants and convenience stores so everything was in our reach & central.

When we first arrived, rooms were clean and the AC was working perfectly. We were allowed to change towels everyday (self-service) but we had to throw our own rubbish (which was OK). Breakfast was OK - bread with butter & jam, tea/coffee. It was self-sufficient & considered better than most hostels/guesthouses I've been in my life. Also, hot/cold water was available for free near the reception so that was pretty awesome - all the hostels I've been in Europe don't have anything like this.

Overall a pretty awesome stay. The only downside I would say is that the hostel is located along a hill so you would need to trek upwards to reach it. (good exercise for the young but inconvenient for the old) there are also no elevators within this guesthouse so do bring light suitcases if you choose to stay here because it will require quite a bit of work to lug it up if you stay in the upper floors.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I can only say that this hostel is only good for it's location and nothing else. We stayed 3 nights in IB ville, there are no lifts and if you stay in condo unit which is on 3rd floor you will have to carry your luggage up or down on your own because the staffs will not help you.

- Room is old and not so clean, pictures are different from actual.
- Breakfast, only bread is provided have to take it to room and eat.
- Staffs are not friendly.

Overall, I would rather stay in some other guesthouse in Seoul.

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Joan1810
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I booked Ib Ville because my friend who stayed there before highly recommend it to us.
However, I found out that probably my expectations were a little bit too high. My fiancee and I went into Ib Ville using taxi, because we have heard of qualms of climbing the stairs from the nearest train station.
Upon reaching, the guy who checked us in was cold towards us, but he is very proficient in English, so there was no problem communicating. Basically, everything was just done following the book. No extra services or smile.
I am pretty satisfied with the room (double room). The room and the bathroom was spacious. However, on the third day, I found out that the pillow was wet from the air-con (air-con was above bed). I didn't bother to complain because we were checking out the next day, and we really didn't need the hassle with the tiring itinerary we had. I just placed a towel on top of pillow.
The location is extremely good. It was near Myeongdong station, probably 200m away, but I think the street was safe even at night? Because I saw a university student buying some groceries at 1.30a.m walking ALONE in the dark; that would never have happened back in my home town.
It was a good enough stay, only because my fiancee and I traveled out most of the time. We were probably in the room from 12am - 9am; strictly for sleep. Possible to walk to Namsan cable station if you don't mind walking. We enjoyed our walk to the station with the restaurants and sight seeing along the way. Overall, a good enough stay, but can be better. For the money and also service provided, I rather take my stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank lis_elle7
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed in ib ville for a total of 5 nights.

Two nights in room 110.
Two nights in room 306(condo unit)
1 night in room 111.
I feel that staying in 3 different rooms have given me a better idea on what this guest house has to offer.

Overall, if not for IB ville stay, my seoul experience would have been perfect. Several reasons are as follow.

1) First night in 110, i realized the curtains were very sheer and could not deflect the light away, hence, we had to sleep in semi light the whole night.
2) The room in 110 and 111 smells of drainage and toilet flushing system goes cranky at times.
3) Beds in all 3 rooms were rock hard
4) Renovation works begin around 9 am in the vicinity every day so if you are in need of a good sleep, please do not book this guest house.
5) The staff were generally nonchalant and does not care for the welfare of the customers.(does not help with bags or provide good tourist information and worst still, wears a glum face the whole time i was there)
6) Every service is almost chargeable ( even a 30 seconds phone call to a friend locally and storage space overnight)
7) Notifications were rude and in-your-face.

The only plus of the guesthouse would be the location and the price.It is near myeong dong station but there's a long hike up the slope before you reach the guesthouse.
Cheap but not worth the stay( i supposed there will be better guest houses around)

if you really feel like staying in the guesthouse despite all i have said, ask for the top floors or the condo units.

So yup. my two cents' worth.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank lovescouleur
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights at Ib Ville guesthouse in June 2012. We booked 3 rooms. The pics posted in their official website and the actual rooms were totally different. It looks much older and the layout were totally different.
Nevertheless, the rooms are generally spacious. The family room comes with a tiny kitchen area. Breakfast is self-service and comes with white bread and jam/butter. There is no breakfast area to mingle and you need to eat inside your room.
Not recommended for families with elderly as there is no lift in this guesthouse and you need to climb up and down the stairs quite alot (for taking the bread during breakfast, for changing of used towels and every time you need to head to the nearby 7-eleven).
Overall, an average guesthouse in a superb location. This guesthouse is within 5 minutes walk to the Myeong Dong shopping district and its a short walk from the subway station-Myeong Dong.

Date of stay: June 2012