Alpha Guesthouse
$191
$157
$146
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 21, 2013

spend 5 days there in feb 2012 with couple of friends. Its the end of winter but still 8-10 degree celcius. I must say, this is the best accommodation for us, the hot water, the heated floor, cleanliness, free wifi, 10mins walk from the nearest subway, in the heart of seoul, what else do u want for a small money u spent?? A definite value for money for backpackers !!

Room Tip: bring a group of 6 or 8 ppl, then u can have the whole room for your group, u can have the key to lock the door.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tuan K
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This guest house located near the subway station, just 5 minutes walking. Also near the Yonsei University. The room was kept clean and and comfortable, even though I stayed with 3 other guests. This guest house provide wi-fi connection and hot water. And for $17 /night I don't expect more.
Everyone I met was polite, especially the bellboy, from Latin America, and the owner also kindly for me. I was very grateful to him for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I'd seen some bad reviews but my first choices of places to stay were fully booked and I really wanted to stay in what was supposidely a cool area of Seoul (it isn't too great btw).
So...despite this I took a gamble anyway.
I was worried at first. The place seemed really seedy, it was down a dark back alley, there was a bad smell floating around outside and no staff were anywhere to be seen.
First impressions proved mistaken however, had no problems at all whilst I was there. The bed was big and though the Chinese guests in the nearby rooms were annoyingly loud that was hardly the hotel's fault.
Except for the occasional Chinese storms I encountered no other people during my time there, the out of the way area was good, all I needed was a place to crash.
Cheap, wi-fi and no problems.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you're looking for a cheap place to sleep and the most kind owner you can imagine, then this is the right place. Wifi, kithcen, bath and so forth are all in order, and the owner was the most helpful person you can imagine (far beyond normal politeness).

Of course, you should also expect rooms of the quality you pay for: they more or less contain a bed surrounded by thin walls, but that is also all most of us needs..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Villads E
Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you're looking for an immersive experience in Seoul and meeting other foreigners, Alpha Guesthouse is great.

I arrived from Incheon International Airport and rode bus 6002 to the guesthouse, its a 10$ ticket, and takes about an hour. It is then about a .25mile walk to the hotel.

This location is excellent with a nice sampling of Korean dining as well as fastfood like Subway, McDonalds, Pizza Hut and several others. The instructions to get to the hotel are great, just be sure to look for the right bank, several have names beginning with a K, the KEB is what you want to look for.

The host met me outside the guesthouse late in the evening and gave me a quick tour of the amenities and checked me in. The room was big enough for a suitcase of luggage, bed and desk. Very small. The adjacent common kitchen area was comparatively as spacious. The hotel is set back in a quiet neighborhood. Bring a good pair of walking shoes or boots because you will do a lot of walking.
Shoes are not allowed inside, be sure to bring your houseshoes with you.

The transit system in Seoul is very clean and efficient. The tickets cost about 1$.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo