“Nice location, but mattress requires replacement”
Review of Ann Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seoul
Ann Guesthouse
Ranked #53 of 546 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice location, but mattress requires replacement”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

A place good for family as. Group vacation to stay together. This guesthouse is easily accessible to arex and just opposite the road you could find all the cafe, bars, restaurants and shops. However, the beds are old and requires replacement. It's not comfortable

• Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Himeji
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Cheap, good location and friendly owner.
It's located at center of Seoul and there're loads of bars and restaurants around the guesthouse.
You should stay here at once.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank S.K.O.B.D
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed July 24, 2013

You always get a feel of the place you'll stay in when you're emailing the person you're going to rent from. Ann responds quickly to your questions by email no matter what time of day or night. Her directions were perfect. It could be your first time in Korea and you can't get lost. I took the airport limousine since she said this was the fastest way to get to her guesthouse. She was right because later we found out that sometimes Korean metro can be complicated especially if you're transferring lines.

We arrived at different times like 7 pm and 10:30 pm and yet she was in her office waiting for us. There were 3 of us and we were pleasantly surprised that the family room had three (3) beds. And did we fall in love with the mattress cover and comforters! It seems we slept so well because of it.

When looking for a rental, my #1 criteria is location. After talking to some of my Korean friends in the USA, they told me that Hongik is a fun location. I also read that the nearby Apgujeong-dong lost its allure to the street of Garosu-gil, which is located only a couple of blocks away, or Hongik University area in western Seoul. Young adults flock to Hongik anytime of the week but most especially on Friday nights and Saturday nights! The place is packed and from your building at AnnGuesthouse, you just cross the street to join the fun and the shopping. We especially love "The Gap" which happened to have lots of summer sale. And if you want to buy cheap bb cream, go to Missha. It's one street away from "The Gap."

Ann and her husband has to be the best couple in Korea! Their teamwork is fantastic. Either she takes care of your needs or he does. One of them is always in the office. Fresh bread magically appears when we come home along with butter and the strawberry jam. I've become addicted to this simple breakfast. It's like my peanut butter sandwich or it's equivalent!

Everyday, we just told Ann what we wanted to do and she helped us get there with her own suggestions if taxi was much better or the metro.

It's a great place to stay whether you're alone or with friends or family!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Parisbreakfast
Manila
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have read so many good reviews about Ann Guesthouse and have been wanting to stay there. However, it was fully booked during my trip last October 2011. I promised myself to book Ann Guesthouse right after purchasing another plane ticket to Seoul and so I did. Ann and I exchanged so many e-mails since I have countless questions because it'll be my first time staying at a guesthouse. She's been really patient with me and answered all my queries even on tours/spas/jimjilbangs. She asked for our flight details and waited for us even though our flight got delayed. My husband and I stayed on the 10th floor while my friends stayed on the 13th floor. Both rooms were clean and very spacious. And since it's just me and my husband in a room good for 4, she gave us a discounted rate. Ann provides just about everything we need. The room came with a fully functional kitchen, fridge, tv/computer, sofa, dining table, heater, even a vacuum cleaner! Just bring your clothes and you're good to go! The location is superb because it's connected to the Hong-ik station along the green line. Also, there were many thank you notes for Ann Guesthouse posted inside the room which shows how much guests enjoyed the place. Of course, I made one too! :) Booking 9 months in advance was surely worth it. I suggest that you guys do the same if you want to experience Ann Guesthouse. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shanelovesryan
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed in this guesthouse/hostel for a week during my adventure in Seoul. It was my first time to travel outside the country alone and Ann's Guesthouse made it easy for me.

First, the location was great! It was very accessible since the subway station was just at the building. The line connecting to the airport was also very near Ann's Guesthouse. It was also near the Hongik University so there were lots of restaurants and shops around that young people may enjoy. There were fastfoods around the area.

The free breakfast included bread, jam, butter, coffee & tea. You can also have your clothes washed - of course for a cost. The bathroom was not so big but it was ok. You only have to take a shower and go roaming around Seoul. During my stay, someone reported a broken thing at the bathroom, and it was repaired right away.

The AC was good. The room was spacious enough for 8-10 people. I recommended this place to my friends who traveled to Seoul recently and they also enjoyed their stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank msbenosa
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have been wanting to stay at Anne's Guesthouse ever since I've read nice reviews online. This guesthouse is all that you're looking for. For me, location is the most important criteria in selecting a guesthouse. Anne's Guesthouse is smack right next to the Line 2 - the building is actually connected to the subway. So you need not to walk so far especially when you are tired from all the shopping all day. It is also nice that the room that we got was overlooking the busy Hongdae street. Next, it is so cheap as compared to the other guesthouses in the same location. We get the 8-bed dormitory for less than 20 USD per pax! Now here comes the free part - you get free bread, jam and coffee. The bead is so delish! <3 You also get free wifi, free laundry, free use of landline telephone, free PC slash computer! Not only that, the guesthouse also came with free umbrella, slippers, shampoo, soap, conditioner, towel and plenty of brochures, subway map guides, etc.

Anne is also very friendly, warm, and can speak very good English. She helped us everytime we need directions going to anywhere.

Lastly, staying in Anne's Guesthouse felt like not a guesthouse at all because it felt like a condominium room because it comes with a kitchen with all the appliances needed for cooking, it also has dining table a sofa and there's also a loft where the other beds are located. It also has a bean bag. What more could we wish for right?

I will definitely look for no other guesthouse in Seoul. I will comeback again and stay at Anne's guesthouse and will highly recommend this to family and friends.

Room Tip: Rooms on the window side is the best