“For a guesthouse, it's among the best”
Review of Ann Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seoul
Ann Guesthouse
Ranked #68 of 587 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Highly recommended guesthouse. It's clean, location is 5 minutes from line 2 (circle line), Ann is very kind and flexible (and speaks good English), it's clean, beds are good, they have free wffi (and even pc if you don't bring), price is good .... actually it's hard for me to find anything to complain about for this guesthouse. Maybe breakfast is bit too simple (toast with butter and jam), personally I would have enjoyed to have some peanut butter too, but this a very small thing.

I've stayed in many guesthouses in Korea and while it is possible to find slightly cheaper ones (even in Seoul), for the combination of location/cleanliness/service, I think its not possible to find a better place to stay in Seoul than this. I/we will definitely come back next time we need a place to stay in Seoul.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Boqa

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We boarded a bus from the Incheon airport to the guesthouse. We were so glad to know that the bus stops just across the building where the guesthouse is situated. We knocked on room 514 where we were greeted by a very smiling man and her wife, Ann, came after with a wide smile as well. They were very hospitable. Since we could not check in early, they let us change at the bathroom and they even helped us join a tour to DMZ right then and there! So, we have gone to the DMZ without even planning it! When we came back in the afternoon, Ann guided us to the 15th floor. Our room was on the farthest end of the floor but I was glad since a better view was in front of us! Anyway, Ann also taught us how to open and lock the door. Then, finally, we entered. I was so amazed on how spacious the room was. It has one double-decked bed and a queen sized bed and we were only 3 in the room. It has a mini-kitchen with all the appliances (ref, microwave oven, toaster, water heater, name it!). It also has a desktop computer with free wi-fi! It has a mini-sala also and the bathroom was really clean. The free breakfast (bread and coffee or tea) and laundry also made our stay great. Not just that.. The Hongkik Univ. station exit is right below the building as well. It was indeed a total package!

Room Tip: Floor at the farthest end for a 180 degree view of the city..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank IvyKristine
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed in Room 808 for 3 nights with family and I must say the place is very clean, well maintained and in a very good location. By its name, Ann "guesthouse", it isn't what I was expecting. It turned out to be a lot more than that... it occurred to me as a condo unit for rent rather than rooms. With its spacious room, personal refrigerator, mini kitchen counter, dining table set, sofa, TV with cable, desktop computer with internet, ample supply of bread, jam, butter, coffee and water, free wifi, free laundry, line 2 subway in just a few steps from its building, and really nice hosts, I highly recommend it! I would definitely stay here again.

Note: The towels they provide are MINI-towels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank close_me_up
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I love how they design the guesthouse! I was staying at 8 beds dormitory and was kinda surprised because I thought it will be just a usual room with only beds, but when ann's husband showed us the room, i was glad that i choose the right guesthouse!! The 8 beds dorm has its own kitchen, toilet with a huge screen PC for us to play! Also, there is a huge window in the room which you can see outside directly. Ann was kind enough for us to put our luggages there after we checked out! We explored hongdae until 10.30PM then we back to get our luggages!
Location wise, its really convenient and just right in the center of hongdae! U will have everything there!
Too bad i stayed there only for a night. I will stay there again if i go back to KOREA again ;) cheers!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Travelloverfun
Reviewed August 7, 2012

It is always difficult to decide which hotel/hostel/location to choose...luckily with the help from so many good reviews, we have made the right choice for our 5 days stay in July 2012!

Location is great:
travelling - right above Hongik U sub-stn which saves you times on walking/travelling,
arriving from / getting back to airport is no hassle, easy to proceed to any place for your shopping and sightseeing, trust me, as long you have a seoul and the metro map with you!

Food: there are plentiful of restauraunt which cooked yummy food just across the street, be it day or night. (price is about our foodcourt price (Singapore) but the portion and taste is so gooood....still had fond memory of it right now!!

The room: we have a family room for six of us (friends) which is clean, cosy and well equipped with a small fridge, small kitchen with utensils, tv, computer with wifi, hot/cold water dispenser, one bathroom, umbrella and slippers.

Free: daily load of bread for breakfast, instant coffee/tea. Laundry is free if the number of pieces is not too many...but warning,..my pants and t-shirt were not sent back to me on the last second day though I have approached the wonderful owner Ann - guess the service company who wash them have mixed and lost them.. haha

Overall: all of us enjoyed our stay here and will no hesitation coming back again or recommending to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank frankie6731
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I live in Korea and have stayed at this hostel, and several others in Seoul, numerous times and this is my favorite hostel in Seoul. It is very clean and well-maintained and you cannot beat the location. The building it is in is adjacent to the Hongik University subway stop. This means that you are staying right in the heart of Hongdae, which is one of the coolest neighborhoods in Seoul (especially for food and nightlife). You can access most of the attractions in Seoul via the subway in 10-20 minutes and the airport railroad goes directly to the Hongik University stop. The airport bus also stops in front of the hostel/subway station. The hostel rooms are bright and clean and there is a bathroom and kitchenette (stove, microwave, fridge and cooking utensils) in each room. They also provide toast and coffee each morning. The only thing to keep in mind is that there is no central place to hang out in at this hostel so that may be a downside if you are primarily looking to socialize. It's more a series of apartments that have been turned into dorm rooms, so you will only get to meet other travelers who are staying in the same room as you. In my experience, the other guests in this hostel have been very quiet and courteous, I have not had a problem sleeping here, even with 7 other people in the room

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2012

me and my 2 other girlfriends went touring in Seoul last year around may or july? (i cant remember which month) We actually stayed in a couple of hostels/guesthouses and I would wanna give thumbs up for Ann guesthouse.

The place was clean and tidy, equipped with a PC, TC and some basic equipment for you to make ya own beverages and such. I like the fact that they have a big window and also a couch! ahhaha nice cos sometimes i just wanna lie or sit down on a couch instead on the bed.

It was so comfortable I can just lay back in the room.

ann was very kind and friendly as well... she even gave us a little gift on our last day back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends