Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I loved that it was right in the centre of town where I wanted to be. Walking distance to most of the palaces and markets. It was nice and flat no hilly areas at all. Within walking distance to metro and buses. The room was quiet and airconditioning a pleasant bonus. Plenty of street vendors in the same street for delicious local cuisine. Seoul has many small alleyways, This guesthouse was located in an alley way so may be difficult for first timers - alleyway was small but safe, with restaurants in the same alley. Had some great roommates. Make sure you take off your shoes to enter the room.

The room was a little small which didn't bother me, except that it was difficult for everyone to keep their luggage there. The top bunk means that you cannot sit up comfortably on the bed as the ceilings are low. The bed was sturdy, but the mattress a little hard. Don't expect too much from the bathroom, it is very simple, and old, and probably in need of a little TLC. Also dont put anything on the floor in there, it floods when you have a shower, as the shower is literally just a shower head. I didn't see a common room either?

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank ozlala82
Reviewed April 23, 2012

You get what you paid for. It is one of the cheapest accommodation in the area, and the location is fantastic - within walking distance from all the main tourist spots and shopping area. The owner is also very friendly and speaks good English.

The first room (double) we got was on the first floor. The room was so small that the door couldn't even close as the bed almost took up the space of the entire room. Outside the room was piles and piles of boxes and paper that looked like trash. The room was cold and the window was blocked. The heater was weak and gives out a very bright glow throughout the night. The bathroom was also very cold due to the poor insulation. The bed was hard and the first pillow I slept on was supposedly a traditional Korean pillow which was very hard. I felt as if there were little pebbles in the pillow. Luckily, the owner was nice enough to change it to a softer pillow for me.

The second room (twin) we got was on the second floor and it was much better than the first. It was a little larger and the door could close properly. The bathroom was still very cold. The mattresses, however, were creaky and very OLD. One could practically feel the springs poking through the mattress. It was slightly lopsided and highly uncomfortable. Really, this mattress ought to be replaced!

Breakfast= some sliced bread with jam

I had no choice but to stay here as all the other better hostels were fully booked, and the hotels were beyond my budget.

Room tip: DO NOT stay on the first floor. The rooms are poorly ventilated, and right outside the room are lots of unwanted boxes and trash.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Service - Great service! We booked a week before our stay and they didn't even ask for a reservation fee. The guesthouse was just about a minute walk from the subway exit and found it easily. We arrived at around 4PM and Robin (one of the owners i think) helped us get our luggage to the room on the 2nd floor, which I was so grateful because I was 6 months pregnant. I actually didn't ask for it but they said that since I told them I was pregnant, they gave the nearest possible room from ground level. We also asked them if they can arrange tours and airport transfers and they obliged willingly even on short notice. Another plus is that they can speak English very well 'cause we kept on asking questions and directions, which they answered very patiently. They even recommended a restaurant when we asked them where to eat - the food was indeed delicious like they said but didn't cost much.

Room - The room was another matter entirely. We booked a dormitory room (room 206). Since the total capacity of the room was 4, we had the room for ourselves. Judging by the cost, we were not really expecting much from it. Besides, it's just a place to sleep in anyway. The room was small but the beds were comfortable enough and blankets kept us warm plus the heater at the middle of the room. There was also a fridge and a hair dryer. The toilet was indeed not well kept. The only good things about it were the working hot shower, a clean toilet bowl and free bath things (shampoo, soap and tissue paper). There was grime between the tiles and I really thought the sink was going to fall off if I applied a slight pressure. But for 2 nights, we could manage to stay.

Food and Amenities - Breakfast was just toasted bread and coffee but I didn't know if you could take as much as you like. It was a self service kitchen. But we took 2 slices of bread each (smothered with butter and orange jelly) and a cup of coffee. On the 2nd floor there's a water dispenser (hot & cold) that the guests could consume for free. There was free wifi in our room but I'm not sure about the signal as the room gets higher. Anyway, they said guests could use the computers at the basement for internet. There's also a payphone and some other stuff you could play with if you want to stay there.

Location - I chose this place because it was near a subway station so that we could travel easily through cheap transportation. But being pregnant, we decided to take a guided tour and airport transfer instead. If not, the subway is the cheapest way to go places aside from walking. The guesthouse is also near Insadong, a great place to shop for souvenirs. If you know where to go, it's just a 5 minute walk. On the main street there were lots of restaurants and food stalls where you can eat and convenient stores that were open 24 hours so you really won't be hungry.

Pros:
- good location
- great service
- can speak English fluently
- wifi and breakfast

Cons:
- not well kept toilet
- small room

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Near Insadong and Myeongdong - The first thing I like about this place is the location. So near everything including the subway.

The people - The owner stayed up until 2am just to wait for us. We went through so much before we reached the hotel, including the very cold night but it is comforting to know that we have a hotel waiting for us. He even considered that we have luggage so he assigned us on the 1st floor. He also took time to give us a map on the nearby attractions. Also very helpful in looking for a location in Hongdae.

The price - Very reasonable and we got so much savings because of the proximity to the major tourist destinations. Free drinking water and free breakfast (coffee and toast with jam)

Towels are changed everyday. No hangups when it comes to house rules.

Our main complain is the stiff beddings but we informed the owner already and promised to change it soon. But that is just to minor to ruin our trip.

We recommend this place and when we go back to Seoul we will choose this place again.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I am attracted by the price of the guest house and the strategic location of it. We checked in at 12.30pm, thats 1 and a half hour earlier than the normal check-in time. Upon checking in, we were very disappointed with the condition of the toilet, though the size of the room is expected judging by the price that we are paying with. The toilet is in such poor condition and dirty, its full of "greenies" on the wall, ceiling and in between the tiles of the toilet floor and walls... And worst of all, we had to sleep in the room with a stinky smell!!!!! And I really mean it, it STINKS!!! The smell probably comes from the toilet due to the over-humid condition of the toilet.. Its very awful.. On the good side, this guesthouse is very near to all restaurants and especially Jongno 3(sam)-ga subway station's exit 4. There are also several 24hours convenience store nearby. Honestly, I'd rather pay slightly more to get a clean toilet and SMELL-FREE room!!!!

Room tip: room 303 is the stinky room!
Date of stay: November 2011