Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$312
$70
$213
$198
Agoda.com
All reviewsrelaxation poolmoon barroom conditionbanyan pooltrue luxury experiencehot tub in the roomdining loungebig poolfacilities includingadjust the temperaturenamsan mountainservice staff areour honeymoonlovely roomdaily breakfastthe ritzkorean restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed in this Hotel for one week, and we are very satisfied to be there. Vie are living in the Premier room - a big one with a small poolbath and steam sauna inside! The room view is exciting. We tried the Festa Cafe, and Granum Dining restaurant - they offer healthy cuisine. The breakfast is good, buffet offers a wide selections of fruits, yogurt, ect. But, breakfast time is over at 10.30, it is not comfortable for the europinian guests. Good location, big outside pool give a feeling that you are outside of Seoul, but you are not. Spa is over our expectation!

Room Tip: Premier rooms are on the high floor and very big!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chennimari
Reviewed August 24, 2012

First of all let me say that we have stayed at Banyan Tree properties throughout Asia and Mexico for the past 7 years a few times every year. With varying success....
The Seoul property is a dream location for us with 3 competitive runners in the family. The mountain and its running paths are fantastic! It is also well located for sightseeing, and as the business is done on both sides of the river it works very well for family traveling. Husband does business meetings and family enjoys!
All the BT properties have wow factors galore, they have amazing architects and finishes each property beautifully. But unfortunately lack in how they see their guests too many times for the amount you pay. Seoul is no exception. They have a relaxing pool in the bedroom, wow! Looks stunning at night when you arrive! But the next day you realize there's nowhere to sit! It also never seems to be hot when needed and working the controls? Forget it! You get 2 (?) towels for the price of a cool $800+ per night (that would be my favorite) and all those facilities that you see on the website?!? You pay extra! Even the outdoor pool is extra! That irritated us no end. Luckily (?) it rained for the 3 days we were there prompting another hugely irritating aspect, umbrellas. They insisted there were 1 umbrella in the room (no, minimalistic, no extras....) and when giving us the umbrellas took great care to tell us they would be charged! Upon returning the guy literally jumped us while still in the car to get the umbrellas of us. Really? How much were we paying? 2 rooms.... And having a history with the BT that clearly they either don't know or don't care about...
Will we go back to the BT again? Absolutely! But you need to be aware and possibly ask more questions about what is included in the price. And also, don't go to the restaurants at the Seoul property. Really not worth the price for the quality you're getting...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank fabfourNJ
Reviewed July 14, 2012

As I lived in Seoul for about 8 years, I know most places in the city, but since Banyan tree was newly opened a few years ago, I never had chance to be here, so I booked 3 nights stay last November as part of my business trip from HK to Korea.

This hotel has clear advantage and disadvantage so, I think it's easy for people to decide whether they like it or not.

1. Service - same as any other upmarket places in Korea. The service will be excellent, but not extra-ordinary in a way where staffs will learn your preferences and adopt to it. This hotel provides you efficient service in a hassle-free way.

2. Location - at Nam-San (small mountain right in the middle of Seoul), which is not too far away from most places by taxi, but never by walking distance. If you want to eat out or see around, you will always have to take a taxi - which is not a bad thing, as Seoul taxis are very cheap (cheaper than Singapore, HK or any other developed countries that I know of) and all of them are meter-taxis, so you never get ripped off. You will be annoyed by the traffic thou.

3. Restaurants - Not a good choice here. I would never eat here, as they are millions of choices in Seoul. The biggest issue of Seoul hotels is the fact that none of them has good Korean Restaurant. This is the worst point of Seoul if you are a tourist, as you will always have to go out to experience local cuisine. Banyan tree is even worse, as they simply don't have any good choice. I would recommend to go to Shilla hotel right besides (they said they have shuttle - or walk for 5 min/ take a taxi @ a cost of USD2) and eat there. Shilla has some of the better restaurants in Seoul, but quite expensive and need reservations most of the time. Again, they do not have Korean restaurant, but offers excellent Chinese, Japanese and buffet restaurants.

4. Room condition - Probably the best in Seoul in terms of size, washroom & amenities. I have been to many other 5 stars in Seoul; they all have boring rectangular shape rooms with limited space. The small pool in the room is also nice, although I never used it.

5. Outdoor pool - I could not use this because it was winter when I got there, but all of my Seoul friends told me it is the best in Seoul. So if you visit Seoul in summer time, then I think this can be a big plus.

Overall, a very nice hotel with probably the best room in Seoul & great services along with peaceful mountain surrounding in a busy city; but the location can be a bit off and the choice of restaurant is severely limited. Take your bet :)

Room Tip: None of them will have too much different views from the room; it will be either partial mountain view or partial city view. So don't worry about views when booking a room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank BBHCZ
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We have been to several Baynan Tree properties, and yet I was surprised by how stunning the rooms and the views are at their Seoul hotel. The "dipping pool" is not so much a hot tub as a very shallow pool (the water is warm at best and there are no jets), but it feels no less luxurious. For us it was perfect, as our toddler could walk around in the shallow water and play happily on his own (under supervision, obviously, but he didn't need us to hold him the whole time). There is also a spectacular steam shower with jets and a million dollar view adjacent to the pool. My husband and I both felt it would have been much better had there been some sort of seating/lounger in the pool, though, as the tile is textured and quite rough and not particularly comfortable to sit on for extended periods.
The room, as with all Banyan Tree properties is not particularly child friendly, but that is to be expected as they do not cater for families. However, it would have been nice to have been provided with a baby tub, as there are only showers and the dipping pool is not suitable for bathing. I was very relieved to see that the living room can be completely closed off so I did not have to worry about my toddler wandering into the pool by himself from the bedroom.
Everything is automated in the room, from the curtains to the toilet. It is very cool, but takes some getting used to.
My only complaint is that the sink area is completely impractical. There is ZERO countertop space around the sinks (no room for a tooth brush!), no way to plug the drain, the mirror sticks out far and the faucet is mounted to the wall underneath, so it is a bit awkward to turn the water on and off, and there are NO hooks for towels - at all. Actually, this has bugged me in other Banyan Tree resorts (Bintan, Mexico) - there never seem to be enough hooks to hang towels on - but Seoul takes the cake as there is no place for towels whatsoever, either hand or shower. You end up throwing your towel on the window ledge, which isn't a great solution and makes the room look messy all the time.
Otherwise, can't complain. Impeccable service, great food, ultimate luxury.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nessjoy4
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My family and I have looked forward to this vacation in Seoul not just because of the sights and the shopping but our stay at Banyan Tree. it certainly did not disappoint us. It was worth every dollar we paid for. The room we stayed in was luxuriously big and very private as there were only 2 rooms in that floor. The interior design is impeccable! The spa experience is truly memorable but we can't help compare with Banyan Tree in Macau and Singapore. I think it is time to refurbish the massage rooms so that these would be at par with those in Singapre and Macau. There are 2 restaurant outlets we tried in our stay and the food was alright but limited -- no galbi nor chap chae here. The staff were all very nice and very helpful. Banyan Tree should be the template for other hotels because this is not just a hotel but an experience worth looking forward to!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family