“Great location but the rooms are not as big as they promise”
Review of Green Residence

and 1 more site!
Green Residence
Ranked #217 of 952 Seoul B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great location but the rooms are not as big as they promise”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The location of the Green Residence is just perfect. It is right in the middle of the most interesting area of Seoul. Before we arrived there I had confirmed by email that the room really is 26sqm as they stated on the site. The employee/manager confirmed with me that the room is 26sqm so I was happy, because I had read reviews that the rooms are all tiny. Well as we arrived, we were first shown a room that was seriously about 5sqm and I told the young man at the reception that I won't obviously accept that. Then later we were shown the room I had actually booked. It was the biggest room they had and I calculated it to be about 10sqm, so they had really mislead me in telling me that it's 26sqm. Well anyway apart from the TINY room the place was ok and friendly. One of the major issues was that it is so noisy because of the thin "paper" walls. We could hear everything trough from the next room and the corridor so u need to prepare earplugs!

All in all it was decent because of the great location and convenience for a city trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
San Francisco
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Location:
Green Residence is literally in the heart of Myeongdong, and is close to two metro lines.
It is right next to Seoul Royal Hotel, so it's easy to take a cab back to the guesthouse if you don't feel like catching the subway.
There is food everywhere. You will never go hungry.
The area is also pretty safe since people are always walking around.

Staff:
Staff is amazing. They were super nice and helpful, and even gave good recommendations on places to visit. I was alone on my trip, so I easily made friends with one of them. I swear they're fluent in like every language o.O.

Elevator.
Towels.
Toothbrush and toothpaste!
You are treated to a nice small breakfast in the kitchen area every morning. Just boiled eggs, coffee, and some bread, but it's still nice. Use this as a chance to meet other travelers. You're allowed to use their dishes and cups also.
They have a small computer lounge that overlooks Namsan Tower. This is also the smoking room. I normally ate in this area since my room was small.
Wi-Fi in EVERY ROOM!! Yes, every room. You will never lose signal.
TV!

Rooms:
Really tiny. If you're claustrophobic, I don't recommend getting the single room. I didn't get a chance to look at the other types of rooms though. However, this was enough for me though for my 3-4 day stay.
A/C was basically a vent that you had to adjust to open for airflow.
Quiet and cozy.

Personal:
Prior to booking my room here, I booked at another guesthouse (had a confirmation and even spoke with them directly) but when I got there, I found out that they didn't put me in their calendar. I was so upset. I traveled all the way there with my heavy luggage, and had to find another place to stay last minute. If I didn't have a Korean friend helping me, I would've been completely lost. She found the Green Residence, and we saw that the location was so much better. The staff was so helpful and understanding, which is why I really really appreciate this guesthouse. <3

Again, the location, service, and cleanliness made up for the small room. I'd definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ouran611
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed here for seven nights in September 2012. The hotel is located right in the middle of the main shopping district Myeong-Dong and is close to transport, airport bus and attractions.
On arrival you will find the hotel hard to locate as it is at the top of an office building above a bank, head for Seoul Royal Hotel and it is next door. The room had fridge, TV, and shower/toilet but was very small. The room was clean and secure and the staff very nice. I had no window and the air is central so you cannot control it and was too warm for my liking but I see other reviews said it was too cold so I guess they can't please everybody. If you want a basic, no thrills, cheap room that's very central this is all you will find in this area. You get what you pay for and hotels are not cheap in Seoul.

Room Tip: I guess try asking for a window
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank pablo808
New York, New York
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Great location within walking distance to many of the top attractions in Seoul, several subway lines and restaurants. It's also smack-dab in the middle of an "intense" shopping district if that's your thing. The rooms are very tiny, but clean. My room had no windows (I wasn't really there for the view) and amenities are pretty minimal. Expect to go to the 7-11 (across the street) from time to time to pick up stuff like soap or tissues if you're staying more than a couple of days. The staff was helpful in giving me directions, and providing suggestions of places to go. I'd recommend this place as a solo traveler who doesn't need the tops in comfort, but wants a good launchpad for venturing around Seoul.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank Orion A
Beijing, China
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was in this b&b during July, the rooms are extremely little but clean and not noisy at all. The bathroom is little too, but it has everything you need for a short stay! The surrounding area is amazing, full of restaurants and coffees, in an totally pedestrian area.

I will definitely go back to Seoul and I will stay in this b&b for SURE!!!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank gullygiac
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 5, 2011

The location was great because it was right at the center of the shopping district and near 2 metro stops. However, i will still not recommend it. I stayed here for 3 nights and for 3 nights there was no airconditioning. The airconditioning is centralized so as luck may have it, on the day I arrived one of the airconditioning, the one that is linked to my room, broke down. They wont change my room and i had to suffer the heat for 3 nights. No apologies, just straight out, "the aircon is busted cant do anything about it. " stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2011
6 Thank Trosete

Travelers are raving about these Seoul hotels