Hotel Mare Seoul
$191
$157
$146
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for 4days and I got satisfied with the price, location, and the service.
The hotel looks like a motel and i saw some Korean couple who just droped by there, I guess.
But the receptionists are so kind and they helped me a lot.

One thing I didn't like was the shower. The water pressure is very low and I dont like that.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 18, 2011

was not impressed at first as the hotel seems far, but after checking in, the staff was so friendly and go all the way to help us .....decided to pay little extra to upgrade the room to bigger room, plus point is super big 52 inch plasma TV flat screen....wonderful experience! subway just 10min away..

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The room was small, but that was because it had 2 double beds in it. Massive tv and broadband internet access and computer in room. Bathroom need a few repairs but there was a massive spa. Pretty clean the hotel was quaint in a sort of Tudor style. staff were excellent and breakfast was just what we needed to get started. Only a short 5 min walk to subway which gets you everywhere around Seoul. Highlight was the neon lighting above the bed.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank ManchesterCityFan
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to check out this hotel after reading the reviews. We arrived around 10pm on a night that was pouring rain. The hotel front looked a little sketchy and the front door was frosted over. Inside, there was an empty popcorn machine and a communal area where guests were chatting. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and explained the location of the hotel with the closest subway station, tours, and translation for the remotes. He later even helped us order delivery even though it was already 11pm.

The room itself was so-so. There is a free computer in the room, but it wasn't working when we tried to use it. Free water, canned juice, and canned coffee in the mini fridge. The room itself was comfortable and quiet even with our neighbours chatting with their door open. The room had two double beds, which I found comfortable. On the wall was a large flat screen TV with channels that are found in most households. Windows had a blackout-slider to ensure darkness during the night.

The worst thing about the room was the bathroom. I could not help but feel that it was extremely grungy. The ceiling was peeling in some places where it had gotten wet and the walls in some places had rust. The floor also had unexplained puddles of water, which I am not quite sure the origin. Someone had forgotten to refill the shampoo, which I did not notice until I was actually showering. Also, I cannot remember if it's normal here or not, but there was a used tube of toothpaste already in the bathroom. I can't help but feel that someone had forgotten to wash the bathroom before our use.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Foreversh
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I booked my trip on Expedia and got a good price for a standard room. The room is quite small but that is usual in Asia for a 2.5-3 stars hotel. I like how it has a huge flat screen tv with lots of channels and complimentary water, juice boxes and cans of coffee everyday. It is quite close to the Dapsimni subway station, so it wasn't hard for me to find my way in the evening upon arrival. Although it is in Dongdaemun area, the location of this hotel is not really close to the shopping area in Dongdaemun (a few subway stations away in subway #5 line). Overall the room meets the standard of a 2.5- 3 stars hotel, but I don't really like its complimentary breakfast buffet (not alot of selection and not refilled often). The front desk is quite helpful, and I really like the fact that local calls are free (good when I have to arrange for local tours).

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple