Imperial Palace Boutique Hotel
Grand Hyatt Seoul(Seoul)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsitaewon areaitaewon stationbars restaurantsfrosted glassnight lifehalal foodthe busmodern amenitieswalking distancerain showerwater pressureincheon airportsubway stopshower headconvenient locationhigh floorhotel room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just a quick note on my stay at the IP Boutique hotel here in Seoul, South Korea.
I stayed for 6 nights and was impressed by both it's service and efficiency.
Because of it's location to shopping, subway system and some really fantastic eateries.
One that caught my attention was a 10 minute walk too the Braai Republic, a South African
hang out where the have great food specials and my favourite Bilton/sudza/and wors,.
All in all I would rate my time here 5 out of 5.
Check it out and happy travels.
Ion Berry

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
IPBOUTIQUEHOTELSEOUL, 매니저 at Imperial Palace Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

We appreciate your compliments and thank you for rating us with five stars!

We are very pleased to read how highly you valued the hotel’s location and you enjoyed your

stay with us.

We sincerely hope that you will visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Resident Manager

Young Park

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is located right in the heart of one the party places in Seoul, but in a location that makes it quiet at night as it is a casual stroll away from the hustle and bustle. The room was clean, compact but spacious enough, the shower could have better pressure and the taps were super sensitive, great electronic toilets!! The only downside of the rooms is that the walls are quiet thin and it felt like I could hear the people in the next room and the same with the cleaning of the common areas in the morning. The only thing that really soured my stay was on the day of check-out, the reception called at 12.03pm, asking why I hadnt checked-out... 3 minutes is a little pedantic, and then when I did check-out the staff member charged my credit card incorrectly. Apart from those two things the hotel is good, and I would stay here again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to Seoul on Good Friday, and arrived at 8 am. One of the main reasons why I booked this hotel was because of early check-in. Despite being full, they had a room ready for us after 1 hour (we basically had to wait for them to clean a room that had been used the night before.) I really appreciated that and was pleased with that type of service. Please keep this up!.

Location was great -- you are near Busan park (walking distance), in Itaewon with expat bars and famous kimchee fries, 10 minute walk to station, and a very cheap taxi ride (or bus) to Gangnam. The room is good value for the location and the type of room you get. Large in size, modern, and clean. Faucet is fascinating if you're into fluid dynamics.

Internet dropped in and out the first day, but after we connected to the right spot, it was quite decent connection. I think the first day was a hiccup.

I loved the room and hotel decor -- the lobby is like a Louis Vuitton luggage.

Two negatives:

1) My partner is 6 feet tall. His head hit the shower head which was very painful and could not be adjusted. It's a fancy rain shower head with spikes coming out of it, so not pleasant. If you are willing to crouch when taking your showers, then it's fine. But he swore it took some blood off his scalp.

2) One thing we didn't plan for -- the trip back on the airport bus was going to take 2 hours according to the schedule that the hotel showed us, so we had to take a taxi for 70,000 korean wan. I suggest you plan accordingly.

Despite my partner losing some skin in the shower, we both agreed we would happily come back and this hotel was one of the best during our trip to Japan/Korea.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HappyBelly
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I do like IP boutique hotel A lot. I took the trip alone but feel homey while staying. The location of the hotel is perfect. It close to subway Itaewon abt 5 mins walking distance, but doesn't feel annoying by street noise. Shuttle bus is just opposite the hotel (6030) to Inchon air port. Along the street , there are various of cousine for choosing , fantastic & yummy food. I've been travelling in Seoul for couple times in 2 year, I will come back to stay at IP boutique next time. Can't wait for next visit.

1  Thank Viviane T
Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you are looking for a location near to bars, restaurants and the subway, then this is a good choice. My partner and I were very happy with the amenities nearby and how quick and easy it was to travel to the main sites/attractions.

The hotel itself is welcoming, clean and professional. The rooms were small but certainly "did the job", were brightly decorated and suited the fun weekend we had in mind!

As in the other reviews, the corridors were SOOOOO dark! But it wasnt a surprise as I read the reviews and again it added to the quirkyness of the hotel. I would however suggest getting a torch key fob for any late nights out as coming in drunk it may be a challange to find your room!

One final point.... The "glass box" bathrooms require a relationship/friendship to have reached a certain point! My boyfriend found it all very disturbing and insisted that we take turns leaving the room when one of us needed to use it! :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
IPBOUTIQUEHOTELSEOUL, 매니저 at Imperial Palace Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review about your stay with us.

We hope to have you back in the future.

Kind regards,