“Great way to see many of the main tourist spots conveniently!”

Seoul City Tour Bus
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great way to see many of the main tourist spots conveniently!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I took the Seoul City Tour Bus on a free Saturday during a work trip to Seoul. For $10 you get an entire day of transportation to many of the key tourist spots such as palaces, Namsan mountain, shopping districts, etc. This really was a great deal that I would highly recommend. That recommendation though comes with a caveat though: Expect a LOT of people, especially on the weekends. I was able to squeeze into the bus whenever I needed to, but it was packed solid (standing room only). Some passengers were talking about how they had to be turned away at previous stops due to full loads. This would really be upsetting if, say, you had walked down from Namsan mountain to the base for your bus and then had to sit for a half hour just waiting to get on the next bus. So with that said, be mindful of the times the bus is scheduled to arrive and be there several minutes early to get to the front of the line.

Visited January 2013

• Polish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Overview of Seoul city in one day”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The easiest way to navigate around seoul for krw10,000, around usd10 and rm30. The tour bus has around 18 stops at famous spot;Seoul tower, gyeongbokgung, shopping districts. So, plan your route beforehand. There's bus every 30 minutes. My suggestion is to start from nearby destination and have Seoul tower as the 2nd last stop. The first bus can be boarded at the gwanghamun station nearby the gwanghamun square. The bus ticket comes along with coupon which can be used when purchasing the entrance fee for some of the attractions.

5 Thank naDia-Mohd
Auckland, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“If you must, go for the Day Tour, NOT the Night Tour”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We were only in Seoul for a few days so thought that the bus tours would be a good way to get an overview of the city - given I have enjoyed the ones I did in Europe and in Tokyo.

We did a day tour on Seoul City Tour Bus, which was okay - it stopped at all of the main attractions and we got on pretty late so we hopped off at Seoul Tower, and back on just before the bus finished its route. The headgear was pretty shoddy and it took a while for me to get my audio device to work.

The night tour on the other hand pretty much felt like a waste of time. Basically, it was 1.5 hours of driving over bridges (some of which were barely illuminated) in the dark. Kind of like being on a bus on the way back from a really long day trip. It was too dark to see much, and as much as I like bridges, after a while this got really dull. The audio guide have much additional information other than the history of the bridges, and what the lighting represents. We apparently drove past the night market, which we didn't see at all - I'm not sure whether it was because of our seats or the fact that we didn't drive within a viewable proximity.

If I could split my rating, I would give the day tour a 3, and the night tour a 2.

Visited December 2012
7 Thank priggles
Bangkok, Thailand
774 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 941 helpful votes
“Great to see the sites and get acclimated to Seoul”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Took the Seoul City Tour Bus during my visit to Seoul in mid September 2012. I always like to take a city bus tour when I arrive in a new city to first see where the sites are, and second to help give a perspective on distance between places. Maps sometimes are misleading, a block in one city could be a mile long, while a block in another is a stones throw away. The Seoul City Tour Bus consists of 4 different tours, days and nights. I took the 2 hour day tour, called The Downtown Tour. Although it is a hop-on, hop-off tour, I stayed on the entire length of the tour (2 hours). Take the number 5 subway line to Gwanghwamun stop and go out exit 6. Once at street level, walk over the side street, and you will see the buses waiting at the side of the street. The ticket counter is right there and the fare is 10,000 won. This is the beginning of the tour. The bus makes a thorough loop of the city passing The Deoksugung Palace, National Museum, War Memorial, Myeongdong downtown area, N Seoul Tower, The US Army base at Yongsan, Itaewon, Insadong, National Theatre, and many more market places and Palaces. Unlike some city tours that allow you 5-10 minutes at each stop to get off and take pictures, this tour does not. It only stops long enough to let people off and pick people up. The buses leave every 30 minutes from 9:00 to 19:00, everyday. Plan ahead, because there are no bus tours on Monday, unless it is a holiday. The buses are on the old side, but get the job done. I would highly recommend the Seoul City Tour Bus as it gives you a tour of 20-30 sites as well as giving you ideas on how to navigate around the city. For example I found that The Lotte Department Store, Nanta Cookin' Show, Miso Musical and Doeksugung Palace are all within walking distance from one another.

5 Thank bob2bkk
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Night Tour jam”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

If you're divided between a Seoul night tour and dropping by some specific site you wish to visit i.e Myeongdong shops, skip the tour. The traffic jam had nothing for you to admire, even the Namsan Tower was allowed just a glimpse from halfway up the route to the top. The itinerary mentioned Namdaemun shopping, even the audio stated the "busy" and "not to be missed" area but I hardly notice any hawkers or shops as were found in the Myeongdung or Dondaemun areas. The bridges much hyped in the audio were not much different one from another. If you want to catch a nap, this tour is it.

1 Thank Thermoprofessor