“the journey to bongs house”
Review of Bong House

and 1 more site!
Bong House
Ranked #64 of 591 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Reviewed March 29, 2013

First of all i would like to say thanks to all the people Who's working at Bongs house..
specially MR.Bong ,Hyeon, Evelyn, Daniella,and Gauen :D... i have stayed at bongs house
for about 10 days ,, and that 10 Days that i was there.. not a single day
that past by i had a smile on my face! Bec. all the people that works there!! they are very friendly!
and the place is very near to everything! clean rooms ! everything was great! very welcoming people ..i Felt like i was home! !!! i really miss Bongs house ! i Hope soon enough i can go back there ! meet new people again!!! anyway i highly recommend Bongs house if ever you people want to Travel South korea! i Guaranty that you wont be Dissapointed! KAMSAHAMNIDA! TO EVERYONE!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Ricardo5579

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've stayed at the Bong House twice. Once last summer and then again for a very extended stay beginning in January. It's a great place to stay and the staff is very helpful and accommodating. Downstairs is the Bong Bar, a place where you get a free beer each night if you are staying there. Of course, other people come in as well. I've met a number of interesting people there from all around the world here. I've made some wonderful friends here as well, just hanging out and talking. The neighborhood where the Bong House is located is very lively, fun, and close to the subway. Also, there are stores and restaurants all around. Check it out!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank C R
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at Bong House for 6 nights. From Gimpo airport, we took the AREX line to Seoul station and then switched to the subway. From Hyehwa Station Exit No. 4, when you come up of the exit, you will see Baskin Robbins right in front of you. Do not cross the road, just come up of the exit and turn left straightaway on that very road, which is paved with shops on both sides of the road. just remember that CGV cinemas should be on your left along that road (its a very tall building, when u exit the station just look up towards your left and you should see CGV further up). Walk along that road right to the end, and on your right across the road you will see Dunkin Donuts. Cross that big road facing Dunkin Donuts and walk on the right alongside of Dunkin Donuts. Continue walking straight till you see Ediya Coffee (never seen the signboard lit up while we were there). Turn left at Ediya and walk to the left lane and you will see the Bong House & Bong Bar signage. Fyi, Family Mart has now changed to CU Mart.

Our rooms were not in the main house, but in a different building just slightly across the street. We were on the 4th floor twin room, which had a lovely outdoor terrace with wall murals, that felt homey and we could see views of the distant mountains as well as the lovely SungKyunKwan University.

Bong was a really jovial and hospitable guy, and brought us for dinner at a nearby duck BBQ restaurant, our first and only duck meal in our 12day korean trip! prices were very reasonable and the food excellent!

Our room had a heating system/heated floor, an aircon, hairdryer, microwave, mini fridge and water kettle. There was cable tv with a couple of english channels, and a bean bag for comfort. plenty of space around for huge suitcases and shopping! what made us really happen was the abundance of sockets in the room for us to charge our electronic devices :)

the room came with a queen sized bed and a single bed, which were comfortable, with firm pillows and warm blankets. the toilet can be quite cold though, but we managed fine. Hot water and shower pressure was perfect. We also enjoyed hanging out at Bong Bar, which was the only bar in the many others we visited on this trip, which had a large pool table and dart machine. Bong Bar's decor is inviting and cosy enough to chill, where you could mingle and get to know other visitors from other parts of the world. the staff there was also friendly uni students who could converse pretty well in english.

we took alot of cabs there, and if you want to go back to the hotel just memorise Sungkyunkwan University, most taxi drivers know Sungkyunkwan so it wasnt a problem for us. We had a lovely stay at Bong House and would not hesitate to come back again in the future when we visit Seoul. Highly recommended. We had rooms 301 & 401, which were perfect. You can buy your korean food products and titbits at Lotte Mart & Core mart just along that stretch!

Room Tip: personally i think rooms 301 & 401 are pretty/homey.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank miss_imperfect
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I had a hard time looking for the place because the pictures in the instructions that they gave is outdated. The Family Mart store has changed its signage so that gave me the trouble of looking for it. The other stores around the area do not know of the place either and had to crash a different guest house just to be able to get a clear answer on where to look for Bong House. After an hour of going around in circles I finally found the place. After than going back to the guesthouse was already easy.

Bong was really kind, just tell him what your concerns are and he will attend to it. I had my towel replaced too because it was really so small. And he handed me another one. Though the towel really looked quite old already. Good thing too that there were not so many people during my stay so I had no problems waiting my turn for bathroom use.

I stayed in the solo room for more privacy. But then the locks are not as secure as I would want it to be. Good thing, there were not untoward incidents so I still felt safe. If I go back on a solo trip I would stay again, otherwise I would just chose other places if I have friends to split the bill with.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Thank you Mr Bong !!!
Truly one of the best deals in Seoul. The staff great and the rooms were clean. There are a ton of restaurants in the area and it is fairly close to the metro. And a free beer every night in the mello little bar next store.
Can't go wrong

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Staying at Bong House means feel like at home, but in Seoul. I stayed here in two different periods, for a total of almost 7 days. Mr. Bong and all his staff is super helpful and kind, place is great, just 10 minutes from the nearest subway station. The price is ridiculous for what you get. Definitely gonna stay here again if I will ever pass by Seoul again, not even thinking about something else.

Room Tip: Rooms on the basement are more quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank branca90
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Bong House is a really great place to stay in when traveling in Seoul. The house is in a very great location. We stayed at Bong House 3 in front of Sungkyunkwan University. It was very cold at the time when we went in Seoul and the house has a very great heater making us feel very comfortable inside. At the main house, we met different people and everybody is friendly. They also have the Bong Bar. Violeta unnie and Mr. Bong are really accommodating. Will definitely come back and stay here again! :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends