Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
William Y
Hong Kong

best place to stay in seoul, ever. Great host too!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 14, 2012
I was one of the first guests at Grape Garden House when it started some years ago. I cannot hold my happiness to see how Grape Garden House shows up so easily on google search and has been improving in popularity over the time. It totally deserves the praise.

The location is awesome, handy and just perfect and transportation is just too good. The place is ran by Min, who easily becomes your friend. I actually need to contact him, does anyone here have his cellphone number? I need to stay in Seoul for about a week in short!!

William
Date of stay: July 2011
Room Tip: Room at the top third floor is the best
Trip type: Traveled solo
    $113
    $125
6.6 miles from Grape Garden House
View more hotels in Seoul
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Great location, right in the university area but away from all the noise. The staff were very friendly. We've stayed in a few different hostels in Seoul, this one is our favourite. We're going back to stay there again next week!

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Amazing guest house, has come along ways in just a few years. GGH is a great place to stay, quiet at night, and a friendly staff during the day. Very Clean. Staying at GGH for over a year when i come to Korea, my favorite thing about it, is the staff, the other guests, and the oppurtunites... (the staff) whatever i want to do, they are up for doing it. (other guests) all of the people who i have met (and alot since i come here about once a month for a week) everybody is so friendly, everybody wants to talk about so much, I really enjoy meeting friends from GGH. (oppurtunities) Whenever i wish to stay longer, and dont have a lot of cash on hand, they always find something that i can do to make my stay in Korea longer. It's a very relaxing and down to earth place to stay. Besides, no matter what i am feeling at t he moment, there is always someone to talk to here who can understand me. Mr. Min is a wonderful friend as well as an outstanding mentor.

Room tip: They have many rooms here, but my favorite would be the room located at the third floor roof top. Great view, Super Private, Comfortable. Although, all the rooms i have stayed in has been wonderful. Starting with the dorm. Has A/c + Heater (always perfect temp. year round) Quiet all hours, Safe, super friendly roomates. All other rooms are privates, which share the same qualities as far as common area goes. But with the luxury of a private room.
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Nathan J
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I've generally found the standard if hostels in korea to be quite low compared to other countries I've visited. I've stayed in a number of hostels in the Hongdae area and Grape Garden House is definitely the best.

Hongdae is one of my favourite areas in Korea and is great for anyone who loves quirky shops, good food (decent Western options, which, when living in Korea for a long period of time, are often very welcome) and a great nightlife!

The hostel is in a brilliant location, about 5 minutes from the subway station and 5 minutes from the nightlife. The street itself is nice and quiet though!

I've stayed in the three bed room and the single room and both are very basic but have everything you need, including a working Air con, which is a god send in the summer months! The shared bathrooms aren't brilliant but do the job and there's a nice socialising area. Definitely recommend it for those on a tight budget!

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2010

This place is in a GREAT location, right in the heart of the Hongik University area. The security is outstanding. The bathroom was disgusting, there were long black hairs all over the floor in my room (private room), and the main living area was cluttered and messy. I saw the staff once in the three days/two nights that I was there, and even then, he was more concerned about getting my money than about giving me ANY kind if information or welcoming me.
I would suggest staying here only if you are really stuck for a place to stay.

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank MelNi2019
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Very nice hostel, nice people, nice room :)
I really like it.