I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Seoul Times Square in March for 3 nights, while travelling for work.
This is a new hotel, located in a non ispiring area of Seoul. There is a big shopping center attached to the hotel accessible through the hotel elevator.
1. new and modern rooms as shown on the hotel website.
2. proximity with a shopping mall, including restaurants, supermarket, etc.
3. free internet for marriott rewards members (though I got limited connecting speed ranging from less than 1 to 5 Mbps depending on the day and time).
1- the location is poor. You really need a good (work / office) reason for choosing of being based in this unexciting, and at the same time not quiet, area of Seoul.
2- staff service was quite average during my stay. One morning at breakfast I had to ask for coffee three times before I could get it. The supervisor eventually apologized for such inconvenience, but in practice I got my coffee only when I had already finished my breakfast.
3- the airport bus stop is on the side road 50meters from the hotel (you can buy the tickets at the front desk). Differently from several other hotels in Seoul the bus does not stop in front of the lobby and you cannot wait for it in the comfort of the hotel. Consider it especially in cold winter weather or if you have heavy luggages.
Overall, though there is nothing fundamentally wrong with this hotel, the Courtyard Marriott Seoul Times Square will not be on my shortlist for my future stays in Seoul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott Seoul Times Square offers a premier location inside of the Times Square entertainment complex, near all of the top destinations in the heart of Seoul. In addition to being perfectly situated for leisure or business travel, we are a preferred choice among hotels in Seoul, South Korea downtown because of our stylish accommodations and superior service. Guests who stay with us enjoy being situated in the Yeongdeungpo district, close to Seoul's best dining, shopping and activities. They also appreciate coming back to your hotel after a day out in Seoul, as we offer the comforts of home along with the attention you deserve on a pleasure or work trip. Our 4-star accommodations delight with spacious guest rooms and guest suites, each appointed with deluxe bedding, a flat-screen TV, modern decor and amenities and free Wi-Fi. In our hotel's public spaces, we offer an on-site signature restaurant, well-equipped gym, fully staffed business center and six flexible and intelligently designed meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Seoul Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Seoul Times Square Hotel Seoul