“Good business hotel”

Courtyard by Marriott Seoul Times Square
Ranked #39 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I stayed here for 6 days for business.
It is not located in the city center, so you need transportation to get to the interesting parts of Seoul. At the time I visited Seoul, my collegue from LG Display choose this hotel, because it was close to his home, so we could meet up and go and explore Seoul. In the weekend he showed me a few nice places: Myeongdong, the Changdeokgung palace and Insadong. So there is plenty for me to go and see for a next trip. Unfortunately the rest of my trip was work work work. Breakfast was very good.

The hotel is located next to the Time Square shopping mall, where there are plenty of shopping and eating possibilities.

For the voyeurs: from the garden at the top, you can catch a glipse of the red-light district of Seoul...

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Seoul Times Square

Reviewed December 24, 2011

stayed for a night in executive room(15th fl I think). a modern room for two people, but bottom line, it's a typical business hotel with good value. in my opinion, it's far better than Marriott Courtyard hotels I stayed in US.

Internet- it's for a fee, but if you have Marriott membership(it's free to join), you can use internet for free. I figured a brand name hotel would charge me for internet, so I was pleasantly surprised

Location- I feel ambivalent about this. The location was very close to Yeongdeungpo metro station (less than 5 min walk- connected via underground tunnel). While it's close to major business area, but it's somewhat away from touristy place (i.e palaces, etc)- 30 minutes I say. Also, I had a problem finding the hotel. It's right above Times Square mall (Shinsaegae Department), and there are only two elevators out of many that lead to the hotel. (it's not connected through escalator). It wasn't that confusing b/c I'm Korean, but I can see my friends getting lost easily. A word of caution- when you come out of the Yeongdeungpo metro station, the big Marriott Hotel you see from afar is NOT Courtyard Marriott. It's different one. Go straight to Shinsaegae Dept instead.

View- don't expect good view. I don't know what else to say.

Value- I think for a hotel in Seoul with such room quality, it's an exceptional value.

Hm. I would stay again since 1) I'm not that interested in touristy place, 2) I figured out how to get to the hotel 3) I care little about night view.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I have stayed here a couple of times and I have returned and will keep on doing that. This is a hotel where value for money is having one of the better ratios;new and fresh. The rooms are regular size but the open landscape bathroom gives it an spacious feeling. Modern interior and comfortable beds. A little critizism; the airco system cannot get rid of the heat although it was freezing outside; but windows can be opened and that is even better for me. It does not matter if you take a regular or executive room; they are identical. But internet and business services are included in the executive.
Check in process very quick; I love that.
Breakfast buffet is good; all fresh stuff and good atmosphere and pleasant staff.
I do find the club cramped so I will not go for that option anymore.
The gym is well equipped for earobics; the weight section is a bit light for my taste but you can do a good work out. Spacious set up.
We were traveling with a group and they all felt very positive about this hotel.
The major advantage is the Times Square shopping mall with restaurants and coffee shops; that's why you can easily do without the club. This hotel is right in the middle of all that; you do not need to go outside, it is all indoors.
Another big plus; when arriving at Incheon Airport buy yourself a limousine bus ticket for Korean WON 9,000 for bus number 6008 to Yeoungdengpo and get out at the second to last stop; Times Square. There are many stops before you get there but this trip is like a very low cost leisure tour. Returning to the airport you need to go to the same stop because the bus drives in a circles for only the last 3 stops to return to the airport again. The taxi service is 10x more expensive and slightly shorter. Calculate with 1,5 hours for the trip. Yeoungdeungpo market and shopping close as well and worth the walk around Times Square.
I will return here for a lot of business trips to come but also when my spouse would join me. It has almost everything I need from a hotel; although if it had a pool...

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Johannes H
Reviewed December 18, 2011

The hotel is overall great and is more affordable than its nearly competition. The presentation is fantastic - the lobby, restaurant, and rooms are beautiful. The location is great too - the hotel is above/next to the Times Square Mall and is also next to the #1 line of the metro station.

Pros:
- Beautiful
- More affordable
- Great service and services (e.g. WiFi, free non-valet parking)

Cons:
- Hotel restaurant is expensive
- Gym is adequate, but not great

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2011

We stayed at Times Square Courtyard for 3 nights. Easy transfer from Gimpo via airport limousine. We are pleased that we are given a king room on executive floor on 18th floor with nice view across the city. New hotel with excellent room facilities. Free wifi in room if you are marriott member. Located conveniently right on the Times square shopping mall with plenty of restaurants. a few subway stops to central seoul.
However, the only down side is that this hotel seemed to be occupied by indonesian tourist groups and Qatar airways' staffs - so every mornings and evenings, the lobby was full of people using laptops/ipads, chatting, etc at the lobby.... so it was a market place and a bit annoying. No swimming pool, but there is a 24hr gym.
Overall, good location and standard marriott services.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DonYmanchester
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We stayed here for 7 nights and i would 100% stay here again. It is extremely clean, it is modern and the staff are very friendly. It is in a great location, surrounded but coffee shops, restaurants and department stores. The train station is literally a 2 minute walk from the hotel.
A wonderful experience and will be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pook89
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I was looking forward to my stay@ Marriott but i was somehow disappointed. First of all, our rooms were given away despite being booked earlier by a local tour agency. Second, when i requested to join as a member of Marriott. The reply was: sorry mdm, you are on a group tour so you are not entitled. I was taken aback. I had to tell the reception that I do travel around w/o a tour all the times, in order to get the application. The worst is to spot a staff rolling her eyes when I queued too near to another guest she was attending to.

Besides these, it was a fine business hotel which is very popular with airline staffs.

PS: hotel only provides 2 hr of free wireless service at the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2011