“Good business hotel”

Lotte City Hotel Mapo
Ranked #63 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here as it has been one of the standard hotel our employees stay at in Seoul, mostly due to location in the city. Good front desk service, rooms are nicely appointed if a bit small. Good supermarket downstairs along with a variety of restaurants.
Only complaint was that breakfast ended at 10am on Saturday, much too early for Western standards. I showed up at 10:10 and 2 other guest came behind me looking for breakfast, but nothing was available as they were switching the buffet to lunch. 10am during the week is fine, but not on weekends.

1  Thank junkbuzz
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Happy new year!

Thank you for your advice posted on Tripadvisor.
We are happy to hear that you had a pleasure stay with us.
Also we will discuss about your valuable advice for restaurant operation time on weekend.
Once again, I appreciate for your patronage of our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to LOTTE City Hotel Mapo in the near future.

Thank you very much.

James, Suh.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I never actually bother writing reviews for places/hotels, but I think this hotel deserves it.This is actually the second time I have stayed at Lotte Mapo. The first was actually the result of a lucky misfortune. We were originally going to stay in Intercontinental but only could stay there for the first few nights as it was fully booked out. In the end we all agreed it had worked in our favour because we all preferred Mapo Lotte.

The convenience of having a bakery, supermarket, cafe and restaurants in the one building mean that for those days you cannot be bothered venturing out you will always be spoilt for choice. The gym was clean and well maintained (extra points for providing shoes and workput clothes!). The hotel provides free shuttle buses to majority of all the popular shopping districts and if you happen to miss that there is always the subway that is VERY conveniently located under the hotel. Maybe its just my friends and I but there was a lot of walking to be done in the transfers between subway lines and after a long day on your feet sightseeing, shopping, eating,etc this location is a lifesaver (especially if you have bags of shopping to carry around... like i had).

The staff were always so helpful on both times I stayed with them and always genuinely willing to help. Let me share with you my unfortunate incident. I being the careless traveller I am misplaced my passport one night out and was frantically freaking out (I was leaving the very next day). It got complicated but all I can say is thank god for the lovely staff at Lotte City Hotel Mapo (and the very honest taxi driver that left all my money in my wallet.. I hope the good karma comes back to him)! They were patient and more willing to help than the Korean police, which is saying something.

On the last day I asked them where I could post something to a friend that lived in Korea and they apologised as the lady that handled that in one of the stores was sick. I wasn't fussed when they gave me directions to a nearby post office and planned to mail it there. However when I was checking out the lady at the desk noticed that her colleague had written that I wanted to have something posted out. She offered to arrange the delivery if we left her our credit card details. The next morning I got a message from my friend to say it was delivered and bubble-wrapped (It was biscuits so I was concerned that they would get crushed).

I loved visiting South Korea and will definitely be back... and definitely staying at Lotte City Hotel Mapo again.

Thank you again so much for your wonderful service!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 722ONGL12
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Hello!
This is James,Suh who is a GM of LOTTE City Hotel Mapo.
Thank you very much for staying with us, and your fantastic review posted on Tripadvisor which is most appreciated.
I heard that you got a big problem during stay with us, I know how hard it was.
But I was so happy to hear our staffs were helpful and you finally got your passport back!
I think helping our guest is our job and we always care for our guest as a matter of course.
We think Your happiness is also our happiness.
Please come and let us serve you again^^
Thank you very much.

James,Suh

Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Hotel is located conveniently over the underground station of Gongdeok, and over a small shopping and dining mall. The architecture is interesting and dictates rooms in a strange geometrical shape. Only flaw, if you are staying for a couple of days, is that the rooms are not too spacious. Big plus for the overhead shower, with excellent water pressure, positioned right outside of the bathing tub. Nice small swimming pool on the 4th floor

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear.Mirco P

Warm greetings from LOTTE City Hotel Mapo.
We were pleased to read that you had a pleasure stay with us.
Also thank you for taking your valuable time to write your review on Tripadvisor.
It will be great if we have a chance to serve you again!

Have a great day and look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is just a hotel that meets your expectations. Easy to get to, helpful staff, comfortable rooms. The wifi works. Everything in the bathroom works. As a business traveller, you just want a hotel that doesn't bother you, and this achieves that. It's right over a metro station, so it's easy to find (though not in the most happening part of town). It's not cheap, but among the most reasonable in downtown Seoul. I stayed two nights, and have no complaints.

1  Thank Katzistan

Dear. Katzistan

Thank you for stay with Lotte city hotel mapo.
We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed our hotel.
I'm sure that your review is absolutely helpful to other travelers.
Once again, thank you for spending your precious time to write a valuable review.

Have a great day!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here twice. Both times I was just passing through Seoul and chose a long enough layover (24 hours) to allow me to sleep, shower, eat and see at least a little of Seoul, rather than spend 8 hours in the ICN airport.

This hotel was perfect! The staff were very nice. The hotel is clean and comfy. Free wi-fi is a great bonus.

I think most importantly, for me, at least, is I couldn't ask for a better location. The hotel is right above the subway line, including the train to the airport. Thus, I had easy access to the airport, and it was quick and painless to hop on the subway to see a couple local sights and eat out during my short stay in Seoul. It is also really helpful that there is a grocery store beneath the hotel. I could grab the beverage of my choice and enjoy. And it was convenient when I needed to purchase a couple personal items.

If there is a downside to the hotel, it is that the hotel itself only offers a buffet. Sure, buffets are yummy, but when all I wanted was a quick, small bite before bed, I'd rather that the hotel offered a menu. There are several eating options beneath the hotel, which is helpful, though few seem to offer an English menu. Nevertheless, the other aspects of this hotel make it worth staying here.

Dear Vipul61

Thank you for stay with Lotte city hotel mapo.

First, I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage of our hotel.
I'm happy to here that you like our hotel and had pleasure stay with us!
It will be great if you stay with us again and I want to have a chance to meet you.
Also I appreciate you for your advice about restaurant, we'll talk about it with restaurant managers.
Thank you for spend your time to write such a detailed review again.

Have a great day!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a new hotel in North Seoul and is getting popular with tourists now. The hotel is conveniently located. The staff is courteous and rooms are spacious with highest standards of cleanliness. The restaurants on the 2nd level is good but variety of fruits in the morning breakfast can be much higher which would suit international tourists. There can be some vegetarian options as well for people who are not meat eaters.

The internet services are free, fast and do not require any password to operate. The hotel is managed with least staff and run efficiently as service response is very fast. The only draw back is that reception and place you descent from your vehicle are at different levels so one needs to first come to reception, check out, go back to lifts and then come down to another level. Due to non availability of any bell-boy one needs multiple handling of luggage!

Overall an excellent experience!

Room Tip: Ask for complimentary water incase it is not there in the room!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank vipul61
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Greetings to you!

Thank you for stay with us.
First, I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage of our hotel.
Also we are happy to hear that you stayed well with us.
We will do our best to upgrade our service quality and facilities.
I appreciate for your advice again.

Best regards.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I love this hotel primarily for its great location. While it may be a bit far from major shopping areas like myeongdong, it is located just above the subway station which we used a lot during our stay. The hotel also has a free shuttle service to bring you downtown. The hotel has a supermarket (Lotte super) and a good selection of restaurants and coffee shops in the basement. Another plus is the front desk staff which are very polite and helpful, most especially Ms. Monica Han. The room may be a bit small (as expected) but very comfortable. The bathroom is also clean except for the rubber mat (shower) which i decided not to use because i saw mildew in it. On our 2nd night of stay, I also discovered that the mugs we used the night before were not washed but simply put back in its place. This is forgivable as I understand that it may just be an oversight and happened only once anyway. I will definitely go back and stay in this hotel again (hopefully this april) and will recommend this to my friends who will be travelling to seoul. I just hope that they could assign me a room with a better view (full street view) on my next visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Greetings to you!

Thank you for stay with us.
First, I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage of our hotel.
And I apologize that the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us,
and we will do our best to ensure that you will never again experience such inconvenience, by conducting more thorough employee training and management.
I ask for your kind understanding and continued patronage.
I'll give you our E-mail, and let us know your information for next stay.

I appreciate you for your advice and understanding.

Best regards.