“Higher End Business Hotel in Seoul”

Lotte City Hotel Mapo
Ranked #64 of 505 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights in late October 2012. Lotte City Hotel Mapo is a quiet understated higher end business hotel located in the Mapo-dong area of Seoul. Our room was modern and elegant, spacious, very clean and quiet and had a view of the main intersection and surrounding buildings.
Pros:
The beds are comfortable and linens very nice.
The bathroom was large and had a separate shower and tub. The rain shower head is a very nice touch.
The pool and gym area are very nice amenities and so is the self-service laundry. It makes it easier to pack less if there is a laundry facility.
There is also free internet which was great to have.
The staff is very courteous and professional.
The hotel is very convenient, the airport limousine bus from Incheon drops you off in front of the hotel. Other reviewers say it's far away from things though in my opinion not really. It is located with 2 subway lines connected underground so getting to the major attractions in Seoul in 20 minutes or less. There are also shops, restaurants and a Lotte Market downstairs that you can pick up coffee, pastries, drinks, dinner, if needed.
Cons:
Not really any.
If you want a reasonably priced higher end stylish business hotel in downtown Seoul then this hotel is an excellent option.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Greetings to you!

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback posted on TripAdvisor.
We are pleased that you have a pleasure stay with us!
Also, your review will absolutely be helpful to other travelers.
Once again, thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to LOTTE City Hotel Mapo in the near future.

James, Suh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,170)

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Hotel middle range with nice situation. But room too small, very simple, bad TV, bathroom without space and enough facilities. Kind service but little experiences and limited efficiency. Breakfast too limited.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank nardis33

Greetings to you!

Thank you for stay with us.
First, I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage of our hotel.
I apologize that the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.
We will do our best to upgrade our service quality and facilities.
I appreciate you for your advice again.

Best regards.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights Oct. 2012 as tourists from the Philippines. I picked this hotel mainly for its reasonable price, good reviews, nice looking rooms and connectivity between subways and buses. Satisfied my expectations pretty much, they allowed us early check-in, gave me the room type I preferred. The basement arcade with the supermarket and food shops were very advantageous. Didn't have problems communicating with the hotel staff in English. We took the regular airport bus (6015) going there then the KAL limo bus (6702) going to the airport, no hassles at all despite our heavy luggage, the bus stop was just across the hotel, no issues crossing the large intersection because of the pedestrian lanes. Overall quality was great, thanks to the Lotte brand. Thanks to TripAdvisor and it's contributors as well.

For the cons: these are relatively minor issues: Pillows were too soft, I had to fold one up so I can get the right cushioning for my head. Nothing much to see outside the hotel, didn't bother to roam around the area. It's a business hotel, so don't expect full service.

I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for alternatives from those rather expensive ones with smaller rooms around Seoul. I highly consider going back the next time around.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the glass decoration/divider, it's slightly bigger.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

First, I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage of our hotel.
I appreciate for your valuable comments, and I'm happy to hear that you had a pleasure stay with us .
Also, I will defenitely discuss about increasing our pillow types with housekeeping team.
Once again, thank you for sparing your precious time for us, and I look forward to welcoming you back to LOTTE City Hotel Mapo soon!

Have a Great day!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very conveniently located hotel. The Lotteria superstore is in the basement, subway routes also run just under the hotel. Staff is friendly and helpful. The coin operated laundry on the 4th floor is a blessing, complete with washing machine and tumble dryer. You can just start the cycle , go back to your room and return when the time is over.

Paris baguette, coffee shops, Bono-Bono sea food restaurant( with the best fish and chips I ate) are just walking distance. Hana hotel at the ground floor gives good exchange rate. The sitting area in front of hotel on ground floor is nice and peaceful. Limousine buses to airport run from in front of the hotel To Incheon every 10 to 15 mins and charge about 10 to 15 dollar per head depending on type of bus. We came from Busan by train to Seoul station which is just 15 mins away. Also conveniently connected to shopping areas of Ittaewon, Myeongdong, Namdaemun etc. Hotel provides one way shuttle bus to most of these places and offers you good maps.

Being a strict no-egg vegetarian my only request to the Hotel is to add a little bit more variety for vegetarians in buffet breakfast in addition to only fried potatoes every day. Vegetarian fried rice or noodles would be good.

Room Tip: Choose the road facing rooms to sit and enjoy the view when you have time.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank SLochan

Greetings to you!

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback posted on TripAdvisor.
We are pleased that you have a pleasure stay with us!
Also,we have noted your comments regarding the vegetarian foods, I will discuss this with our restaurant to seek ways of further improvement.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The deluxe rooms in Lotte City Hotel are somehow small but very clean, modern, and high-tech. The bathroom is spacious and the bed is comfortable as well. I say the rooms are high-tech because you practically do everything with just a click of a button. Even the toilet bowl has a lot of button functions in it. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rate of the hotel was average for a 4-star hotel. There's free wi-fi at the lobby and you may connect to the Internet in your room if you have an LAN cable.

The hotel is conveniently located because the subway station is just beside the hotel. There are not many food shops around the area but there is a grocery on the ground floor. The airport bus is also just in front of the hotel and it usually arrives every 30 minutes.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for choosing Lotte city hotel mapo.

First, I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage of our hotel.
We are happy to know that you have enjoyed our modern style room and wi-fi.
(actually you can use wi-fi in your room as well)
It will be great if we can have more chance to serve you!
I'm sure that your valuable review will be helpful to other travllers.
Once again, I appreciate you for your wonderful comment.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Lotte City Hotel. The lobby is quite large and welcoming (check-in is upstairs from the ground floor, accessible by escalator), and is both modern-looking and comfortable, with comfortable seating areas available. The front desk staff was friendly and they communicated quite well in English.

Our guest room, decorated in warm brown hues, was clean, spacious and quite cozy-feeling. The view was so-so, but we weren't there for the view. The king bed was very firm, but comfortable. The bathroom was spotless, very large and modern and featuring an electronically controlled toilet/bidet with seat warmer (a blessing during a cold night's visit, I can assure you). The glass-enclosed shower's water pressure was great, with abundant hot water. The room had both a safe and small refrigerator/mini-bar, along with free wi-fi and satellite television. Complimentary bottled water was provided, and there is an electric tea-kettle, which I always appreciate.

The location of the hotel was perfect -- it's a little more than an hour's bus ride from Incheon Airport (depending on traffic), and was very easy to locate. The hotel also sits quite handily right on top of the subway station, so one needn't even go outdoors to catch it if the weather is bad. (There are also restaurants and some shopping accessible underneath the hotel, which is truly convenient for busy and hurried travelers.) The area is home mainly to businesses, so it is pretty quiet at night.

We did not have a chance to make use of the hotel's many amenities, such as the restaurant and fitness center, as our visit there was too brief, but I would definitely return there and recommend it without hesitation to any business travelers or other tourists looking for a nice, convenient, comfortable and very reasonably priced hotel in Seoul.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Warm greetings from LOTTE City Hotel Mapo.

Thank you very much for your wonderful review posted on TripAdvisor, which is greatly appreciated.
We were pleased to read that you had a pleasure stay with us, and we are now considered your preferred hotel in Seoul.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.
Once again, I appreciate you for sparing your valuable time for us!

Warmest regards.

James Suh.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

What's good
Location at 3 subway lines plus train to airports
Very friendly welcome
Nice rooms, big bathroom (tho little bath)
Hotel is right over the station with lots of cafes and shops in the basement area

What's not good
Room not particularly clean. Lots of rogue hairs in the bathroom
No hot water for the shower on our second morning ( tho the reception desk was very apologetic)
Bed not as big as other hotels we've stayed at

• Stayed: October 2012

First, I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage of our hotel.
I appreciate for your valuable comments.
On that note, I think we were unable to make you happy during you stayed with us because of our mistake for room cleaning. I deeply apologize for it.
And I thank you for your advice, and we will do our best to ensure that you will never again experience such inconvenience, by conducting more thorough employee training and management.
I will make sure that your valued opinion is fully reflected in our effort to make Lotte City Hotel mapo more responsive to guests’ needs.

Once again, thank you for sparing your precious time for us, and let us have one more chance to servce you!

James Suh.