“Very convenient!”

Ranked #44 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Singapore, Singapore
“Very convenient!”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I really liked that the subway is just under the hotel, it makes travelling around the city very convenient! And there are restaurants and supermarket in the basement level of the hotel too. Airport bus stop is also just right infront of the hotel. I also liked the fact that there's free wifi inside the hotel rooms. You can also use the computers and internet at the business center on the second floor, there's even a printer available for you to print out the materials you need. The hotel staffs are friendly and helpful too!

Everything's awesome, but if I have to name one thing that I didn't like, it's definitely the pillows. Perhaps it's a personal preference, but the pillows were too flat for my comfort. Had really lousy sleep because of the flat pillows. It's so flat that I woke up in the mornings feeling as if I have been sleeping without one. But other than that, everything's great!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Greetings to you!

Thank you very much for stay with us and your valuable feedback.
We are pleased to read that you have a pleasure stay with us,
but I apologize that you couldn't have a sleep well because of the flat pillow.
I will discuss this with our housekeeping part to seek ways of further improvement.

Once again, I thank you for your great comments and look forward to welcoming you back to
LOTTE City Hotel Mapo in the near future!

Have a great day ^^

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Oslo
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This was one of my best hotel stays ever. Outstanding service, worth every penny! Stayed for a week and I do not think I ever had such good service - on any encounter - before.

Room Tip: Club Lounge is very good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Greetings to you!

Warm greetings from LOTTE City Hotel Mapo.
Thank you for your wonderful comments, and I'm happy to hear that you have a pleasure stay with us!
We look forward to welcoming you back to LOTTE City Hotel Mapo in the near future!
Once again, thank you very much.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

Awesome location on two subway lines, one to CBD/airport, and one to Itaewon.
Great rooms with awesome shower

• Stayed May 2012
Greetings to you!

Thank you for choosing LOTTE City Hotel Mapo.
We are pleased to read that you have stayed well with us,
also if we can have another chance to serve you, I'll be great!
Once again, I appreciate your valuable comments.

Have a great day! ^^
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We booked this by location and review and it was great. Four star hotel, not that expensive, great location (right over underground station) to move around Seoul. Roomy, by Seoul standards, had a pool, coin operated laundry facilities (essential if you want to travel fairly light). No wi-fi. If important to you, check latest status before you go. But there is a business centre in the foyer where you can use PC's. Tip - there is an additional key on keyboard near alt and shift to switch from Korean to Western characters.
It had a bar fridge and they supplied water daily (note- you CANNOT drink SEoul water-Its an impressive city but their water is baaaad).
BUT most of the tourist attractions (palaces and markets) are further north - Myongdong area better situated but more expensive.

Supermarket downstairs to stock up on water, cooldrinks, whatever. Also about 5 restaurants / fast food places downstairs. Dont take hotel breakfast. Rtaher go downstairs to Paris Baguette or waffle place. We also tried two of the restaurants. Really enjoyable.

When you book, use one of the online booking services, as cheaper. We extended our stay by a day - the receptionist advised us to use PC in foyer.

Room Tip: WE were situated just about the furthest point from lift. After a week it got tiresome facing that...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AlanWCape
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Greetings to you!

Warm greetings from LOTTE city hotel mapo.

Thank you so much for your wonderful and valuable comments.
As you have mentioned, we are conveniently located and are easily accessible via Gongduk subway station.
Also, we just finished set up free Wi-Fi in every room, you can enjoy it now!

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments and we are looking forward to welcoming back to LOTTE city hotel mapo in the near future.

Warm regards.

Rio
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The hotel location is very convenient. It is right on top of a subway station and the airport limousine bus stop is just opposite the hotel. The room is well equipped with clean toilets and a king size bed. I was specially drawn to the clean swimming pool and the good service of the hotel staff. The only drawback was that there were no wireless connections in the room and i had to go to the lobby to be connected. Other than that, everything about the hotel is fantastic.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jadebottle
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Greetings to you!

Thank you for stay with Lotte city hotel mapo.

First, I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage of our hotel.
I'm happy to hear that you have a pleasure stay with us, also I appreiate your good comment!
Thers's one thing I want to tell you, WI-Fi is availiable in every room now!
We just finished to set up Wi-Fi to satisfy our guest's demand.^^

Thank you so much.

RIO
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Very Happy with my stay.I am here for another 3 nights. Great reception very helpful and straight to the point. All my questions answered in a manner way and logically.
Nice room. clean and tidy. King size bed. Easy internet access. No wifi inside the rooms but it was easy to set up and wireless connection through my MacBook to all my hand-held devices.
in room service fast and reliable(until now) Bathroom spacious and heated toilet seats.
Maybe the only thing i didn't like is in-room self services(no iron, no espresso machine like other similar ranked hotel, 2 towels not four,...) this is why i rated 4 and not 5.
Until now no noise as reviewed by others. let's see in the morning
I already adopted this Hotel. If I have the same budget in the future i will definitely come back.
I will comment on my post about tomorrow's breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the opposite side of the road.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jas961
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Greeting to you!
I would like to express my gratitude for your patronage of our hotel.
Your detail and correct reviews will be helpful to other guests who search for hotels to stay in Seoul and I apologize for inconvenience things.(we have iron and ironboard not in guest room but in laundry room)
Also, I have one thing to inform you is after one week, Free Wi-Fi service will be set in every room!
I'm also happy to be able to provide better service.
Thank you for satying with us again and have a great day!

Best regards.

Rio
Moscow
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stayed for 2 weeks with family when visited Seoul. Location was not central but place was good. Supermarket in the ground floor, many shops, cafes and resataurants with korean food. Beauty centers and really nice UNA spa. Paris baguette and Angel-in-us coffee in hotel building.
Rooms large and nice? big shower and bath with blue water.
Nice place for a long stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Greetings to you!
Thank you for stay with us.
I'm happy to hear that you have pleasure stay with us!
Also, your good reviews will be helpful to someone who search for hotels in seoul.
I appreciate for your advice again.

Best regards.