“High prices, disappointing variety of accessories”

Migliore Dongdaemun Shop
Ranked #94 of 740 things to do in Seoul
Jakarta, Indonesia
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 732 helpful votes
“High prices, disappointing variety of accessories”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

In street markets in Bangkok, Hong Kong, and Singapore, sellers frequently offer creative designs in earrings and pendants at reasonable prices, and they say they bought them in Korea. So we had great expectations for the accessories floors of Dongdaemun's Migliore Building. We visited at 11 am, just a half hour after they opened, and we could find only one kiosk that sold interesting accessories designs. Prices were higher than in the United States. The shopkeeper would come down about 5%, but that was all--even when we walked away. We felt the same way about shoes (at Migliore and in the Dongdaemun shore market) which were more expensive than at Pay Less Shoes in the U.S. We found more interesting accessories and women's dresses and blouses in Doota!, and in many cases we were able to negotiate discounts there. In both places, language was more of a problem than in Hong Hong and Chiang Mai, and kiosk owners seemed curt and unfriendly. We did not visit Migliore during past-midnight wholesale hours, so perhaps the "good stuff" comes out after midnight. For accessories in Korea, we would rank Namdaemun Market first, Dongdaemun Doota! Second, and Dongdaemun Migliore a distant third. There seemed to be much more interesting accessories in Kowloon's Ladies Market, Bangkok's Platinum Mall, and Chiang Mai's Night Market. And we felt we could have bought the same Korean accessories in Singapore cheaper than in Migliore Dongdaemun. We suspect Korean merchants just have high reservation prices for foreigners in the downtown and tourist areas.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Staidthere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
““Worst service I have experienced in korea(men's fashion only)” (moderators please remove my review from the myeongdong one I re”
Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

(MEN'S LEVEL ONLY)The service was terrible and the price they charge is atrocious. Seriously 38000 won for a brandless tee? And u call that a discount? This guys are obviously trying to cheat your money. They were business smart in trying to treat you very nicely at first but once u buy they will treat u like dirt. The guy just snatched my money away from me but thank god he only pilfered a small 1000 won from me. I was supposed to pay 16000 won for the stupid low material tee I bought on impulse but he just snatched the bunch of money I took out from my pocket. Try to haggle to at least below 15000 won. No wait. For men, don't even buy from here. Instead go to myeonjong instead. The service I experienced from the shop Jasper is quite good. Oh either way I think the ladies' section should not be bad they gave reasonable prices for their goods and it was crowded in the ladies section but the guy's section was quite empty except for 3 shoppers(excluding me)

1 Thank TheTrave
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Korean Fashion Goods. :)”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This is where you can get all the latest korean fashion goods!
You'll have to bargain at first but if you're a non korean speaker you might have a hard time doing that as the sales people aren't familiar with tourists, just local people. Because the shop owners aren't targeting tourists anyways, it wouldn't be that hard to get the price that you want. The fashion are amazing and good quality.
I recommend you not to go to the food court at the top floor but to go to the mall next door DOOTA for food as the food court at Migliore is not as clean and modern (more local). And the stall owners can be very pushy, even to locals.

I have been to korea for several years now and every time, I would make time to visit Migliore. One of the best fashion malls to shop in Korea.

Visited June 2011
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Reasonably Priced Items.”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Bought myself a pair of shoes, 2 shirts and some souvenirs here. Reasonably priced items and I love the shoes. The clothes are trendy and current. Surely will come again if I ever set my foot here next time.

Visited November 2011
Singapore, Singapore
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Similar like Bangkok Platinum Mall”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Shop till you drop. It opens from 10 am - 5am (next day)!!! Midnight shopping!

You can find loads of fashion apparels. Basement sells baby/toddlers wear. Mid level sells women apparels. Upper level sells men apparels, shoes, bags, accessories.

When you come to the men apparels level. You'll find those seller very aggressive yet friendly.. They will greet you ask where you from. And they can speak basic english/mandarin/japanese. You can bargain with them if you purchase more.

Its expensive though but I love this place very much. Come here to have a feel of it.

Visited March 2012