“Good food, but also a clean and bright location. Yummy.”
Review of The Halal Guys

The Halal Guys
Ranked #42 of 56 Quick Bites in Seoul
Price range: $1,000 - $12,900
Reviewed February 15, 2018

It's nice to have a great non-Western option in the heart of Itaewon. With a really simple menu (choose chicken, lamb, mix, or falafel, then pick a size) and fast service (something a lot of local kebab places can't seem to manage) I'd say this is a must-visit in the area for non-Korean grub. The platters are great. I also got some hummus which was, by Korean standards, OK but not amazing. They also serve fries with yogurt and hot sauce toppings.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed January 11, 2018

I used to fly down to New York quite often and Halal guys is like my favorite take out place when I am there. So now that I don't travel as often as before, I will definitely visit the nearest Halal Guys whenever I am overseas. So there's a HG in Seoul and its located in Itaewon (Superb location because of the US Military). So over here in Seoul is quite different from NY. They give you 3 size to choose from (small, medium or large which is NY size) and they are definitely more expensive than NY. It's okay because I need my comfort food. I ordered the combo and yums it's the same as what I had at 53rd. If you haven't try Halal Guys please go and try it now.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 22, 2017 via mobile

One of my fond memories of my trip to New York was locating Halal Guy food trucks and joining in the queues for delicious (and halal) street food. Glad to see the restaurant in Itaewon.

Food almost taste as good as the one in NY except the meat was a tad too salty and the take-away for the white sauce wasn’t sufficient; the latter being the signature taste that sets Halal Guys apart from other kebab joints.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 16, 2017

If you are looking for a low-carb option that is easy to find, clean, and friendly than this little place is perfect. It can be hard to find good low-carb options while traveling and asking for a change in menu item in a foreign country can get dicey but these are problems you won't have at The Halal Guys. Located just a stones through from the Hamilton Hotel in Itaewon on the second floor the staff speaks good English and is happy to comply when you tell them "No Rice" and "No Bread". They even heap on some extra lettuce, tomato, and meat.

While it's not the best thing AllThatAsia has reviewed it gets high marks for friendliness and accurately modifying orders with a smile. If you're health or diet conscience and want a to-go plate (although they do have tables) this place will satisfy your needs.

For vegetarians there is a falafel option.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

My family and I normally order food from here through delivery services but we decided to drop by this time since we were in the area. I was pleasantly surprised that the restaurant was clean and the food were as good as they always are. Loved the fresh ingredients and fast services. Must try!

Date of visit: September 2017