“Sweet warm pumpkin porridge”
Review of Migabon

Migabon
Ranked #8 of 122,727 Restaurants in Seoul
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Myeongdong / Namdaemun
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Sweet warm pumpkin porridge”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I watched a Korean documentary that mentioned Pumpkin Porridge, so I tried it as soon as I could in Seoul. Can’t tell if it would be the same if I try it in spring or summer, but in winter, it’s a sweet warm treat. Tasted delicious. The staff was very friendly, so somewhat it even warmer.

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
“Abalone and Pumpkin Porridge”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff and cozy environment. I tried the abalone porridge which is savoury. For those with a swet tooth, try pumpkin porridge.

Singapore
“I can eat this for breakfast everyday”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

This was the first time I tried Korean porridge and I am loving it. Personally I like porridge that is not too mushy. I could still taste the grains of rice when eaten. I had ordered the ginseng chicken and my hubby ordered the abalone porridge. Both tasted wonderful to me. The porridge was served with some side dishes. I was not sure how it was supposed to be eaten , so I just mixed them together with the porridge .. Just like the way I eat back home. Yummy yummy yummy. The best porridge that I had eaten so far!

I had tried searching for Korean porridge recipe online when I came back home.. But none looked like the one I ate in this shop.

I had entered Myeong dong from the front. There will be a building
where you see Zara, H&M.. then you will see a police post on your right side.. Continue to walk up the slope until you see Citibank. You should be able to see the shop on the right side of the street.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank kerand
Calgary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

If you feel like some Korean congee, give this place a try. This place is excellent. Staff was very friendly and a waiter who spoke English was sent over to take our order. I was asked if I wanted a larger serving (free of charge) - fantastic! The food itself was excellent and comes with several Korean side dishes. The food tasted great and was filing; much more substantial than congee I've had back home or any I had in Hong Kong. My wife also had some iced omija tea which was presented very nicely and tasted just as good.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank dvwiebe
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent Korean Porridge! Authentic and flavourful!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Ate here twice during my recent trip to Seoul in April 2013. I had initially found this restaurant on tripadvisor and due to rave reviews decided to try it out. Needless to say, I was not disappointed.

Food: This place specializes in Korean porridge, similar in concept to the Chinese congee but executed differently and decorated with Korean side dishes that complement the taste. You can have different types of porridge, but I had the Abalone and mushroom which was fantastic. Very flavourful and portion size was just enough to be satisfied.

Price: For Korean eateries in the area, this place can be quite expensive if you choose the most expensive dish on the menu which comes in at a mere 15,000 won. The dishes do range between 8000-15,000 won though so there is something for everyone.

Atmosphere: A very humble shop on the second floor of a building, it is certainly a no frills type of setting. However, the place is very clean and the window seats afford a nice place to people watch as people walk along Myeongdong street to shop and eat. The place is also very tourist friendly given the popularity it has obtained especially with Japanese tourists. There is an English menu.

Location: It is located in Myeongdong and the best way to find it is to locate the Seoul Royal Hotel. The hotel should have a Citibank (and Bulgolgi Brothers) located adjacent to it. The restaurant is facing directly across from the Citibank on the second floor (see attached picture). There is a stand with the menu on the ground floor.

Overall a great place to have breakfast or lunch and try out the local Korean take on congee. I recommend this as a must try if you are simply touring through the Myeongdong area. Happy Travels.

• Visited April 2013