“korean/nippon running sushi in the middle of myeondong”

Gatten Sushi Myeongdong
Ranked #1,560 of 125,434 Restaurants in Seoul
Neighborhood: Myeongdong / Namdaemun
Neighborhood: Myeongdong / Namdaemun
Reviewed February 25, 2019

korean/nippon running sushi in the middle of myeondong; one of the few real korean/nippon restaurnats in myeondong. cosy separees for eating as couple or with friends; dishes quality is good. Feel free to order additional from the menue anytime. Waiter speak english and are very helpfull. Matcha tea and water are free at the table, asahi beer (nippon) is served for good price too. We enjoyed our stay and paid as in korean usal at the cash desk when leaving.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed December 25, 2018

came here with my friends a few times and once w/ my dad. It is very lively and the food is good. You can order off a menu and/or the conveyor belt sushi.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed November 22, 2018 via mobile

This is a rotating sushi so I took note of what we ate and the number of beers that I drank. While paying there was a discrepancy of 20,000 Won. But, since the tab is written in Korean I asked the staff about it then he rudely replied “what?” Several times. Then for me not to bother others who intend to pay, I said I’ll just go to the corner and compute, he pushed my back leading to that corner. The only thing I was able to point out was the over counting of the beer but the rest I cannot figure out anymore so I ended up paying way more than I should... very far from my experience when I had a rotating sushi in Japan several times... just have your rotating sushi anywhere in Japan, but, not here in this place... the good food turned into a very bad and rude treatment experience... the staff there should get a lesson on hospitality since they are in a restaurant business. And since they are in a tourist spot they should learn how to treat tourist customers nicely and not just their Korean customers.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank mbr168
Reviewed November 16, 2017

Good service, excellent good, absolutely loved it. Some of the fish is even better than we had at conveyer belt restaurants in Japan. Just thinking of the fatty tuna makes me drool again. The marinated eel is an absolute feast for your tastebuds, as well as the juicy tamago. We would absolutely go back again.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 4, 2017

We wanted to find an affordable conveyor belt sushi place in Seoul. Did some research and Gatten, a Japanese chain, kept popping up, so we tried it.

We are not sushi connoisseurs and have not broken the bank on great/expensive sushi in Japan, NYC, or elsewhere. If that's what you're looking for, this isn't the place. But if you want decent sushi at a reasonable price in a fun atmosphere, this is the place. It's the closest thing in Seoul we've found to the conveyor belt sushi places we've been to in Japan.

Date of visit: August 2017