Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews washing machine a great stay room was spacious convenient location hairdryer
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Hongdae Guesthouse is easily reached by the Airport Commuter Train in about 1hr from Incheon Airport.

My friends and I arrived late in Seoul and we managed to catch a train at about 11 plus at night, arriving at the guesthouse just before midnight.

Mary and the other hosts were already expecting us at the office. We were given a thorough briefing.

The Family Room we stayed in on Level 19 is spacious. Good for groups of 4 and above. Night view is also a bonus. :) Some pots and utensils are also provided for simple cooking.

Advantages:
1. Privacy
2. Excellent location - very near subway

Disadvantages:
1. Lack of opportunities to meet other travellers
2. Lack of interaction with the hosts.

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank mskmouse
Reviewed August 24, 2012

While the price is almost the same as the other guesthouses in Hongdae, this particular guesthouse is right in front of a subway station. I couldn't have chosen other place than this! Thanks to my friend who chose it! We stayed in the largest suite. It can fit the 8 of us together! And we didnt have to squeeze at all. Fantastic location coupled with great views! Totally worth every of our pennies. The people in charge, mr.kim (if not mistaken) was friendly and well spoken as well. And they give u free maps :)))

Date of stay: June 2012
3  Thank Sparklezane
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Location,location,location. At first, i got this eerie feeling because somehow it reminds me of apartements in japanese horror movies, I think the office was blown by katrina, because it was a mess, however, when I saw my room, it's warm and I got this homey feeling, the bed was ok, but I got a problem with the AC and the blanket was too thin, so I need a pair of sock and sweater to keep me warm, just a minor problem, not a big deal. Another thing that made me feel welcome was, the owner gave us a basket of fresh fruit, mary is so nice! I stayed there for 11 days, and it will be a pleasure to stay here the next time I visit Seoul!

Since i didn't go to Seoul to sleep, this place is the best option because it connects you directly to Seoul Metro, which conveniently stairs away, dunkin donuts in the building area for a coffee fix, accross the building where you can find the best Hongdae street can offer, what's not to like?

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank GiaPutri
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights in June which was my 2nd time at this place....first was in Aug 2009. The A/C in 302 could use some maintenance or replacement as it's not as cold as it should when it's set to full blast. My room was pretty much a sausage fest all 4 nights I was there. A fellow roomate said there were some gals before I came and that I missed out. Other than that, it's an acceptable and reasonably-priced place to stay. I'd stay there again.

FYI, for all you fitness buff who has the urge to hit the gym while on holidays ,there's is a fitness center (I believed it's called Health Box?...can't remember) just about a block or so past Hotel Seokyo. It's located on the 2nd floor on the same side of the street as the hotel.

And there are a few street vendors that sell breakfast type sandwiches in the morning right by the building of the hostel.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This was my last minute choice for a cheap guest house in Seoul.

Directly connected to the Seoul metro (you just need to take an elevator from the station), it also has buses plying all over the city and the airport limousine too.

The place however is not well maintained. the office was in a mess - stuff piled over everywhere. The dormitory wasn't too clean either. And its a mixed dormitory. Good to see people from all races and sexes staying in same room.

They had a pizza party one of the nights - complimentary pizza for all residents, basically aimed to get everyone connected. Though I couldn't attend it, they did save a pizza for me !!

Also, very cheap amidst the costly hotels of Seoul

Date of stay: November 2011