“That homey feeling”

and 1 more site!
Hongdae Guesthouse
Ranked #25 of 959 Seoul B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Location,location,location. At first, i got this eerie feeling because somehow it reminds me of apartements in japanese horror movies, I think the office was blown by katrina, because it was a mess, however, when I saw my room, it's warm and I got this homey feeling, the bed was ok, but I got a problem with the AC and the blanket was too thin, so I need a pair of sock and sweater to keep me warm, just a minor problem, not a big deal. Another thing that made me feel welcome was, the owner gave us a basket of fresh fruit, mary is so nice! I stayed there for 11 days, and it will be a pleasure to stay here the next time I visit Seoul!

Since i didn't go to Seoul to sleep, this place is the best option because it connects you directly to Seoul Metro, which conveniently stairs away, dunkin donuts in the building area for a coffee fix, accross the building where you can find the best Hongdae street can offer, what's not to like?

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank GiaPutri

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights in June which was my 2nd time at this place....first was in Aug 2009. The A/C in 302 could use some maintenance or replacement as it's not as cold as it should when it's set to full blast. My room was pretty much a sausage fest all 4 nights I was there. A fellow roomate said there were some gals before I came and that I missed out. Other than that, it's an acceptable and reasonably-priced place to stay. I'd stay there again.

FYI, for all you fitness buff who has the urge to hit the gym while on holidays ,there's is a fitness center (I believed it's called Health Box?...can't remember) just about a block or so past Hotel Seokyo. It's located on the 2nd floor on the same side of the street as the hotel.

And there are a few street vendors that sell breakfast type sandwiches in the morning right by the building of the hostel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This was my last minute choice for a cheap guest house in Seoul.

Directly connected to the Seoul metro (you just need to take an elevator from the station), it also has buses plying all over the city and the airport limousine too.

The place however is not well maintained. the office was in a mess - stuff piled over everywhere. The dormitory wasn't too clean either. And its a mixed dormitory. Good to see people from all races and sexes staying in same room.

They had a pizza party one of the nights - complimentary pizza for all residents, basically aimed to get everyone connected. Though I couldn't attend it, they did save a pizza for me !!

Also, very cheap amidst the costly hotels of Seoul

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank shulz
Reviewed April 17, 2012

a very good location with great hospitality :) will come back for sure!!

Room Tip: private room is recommended for you travels with 2 or 3 friends :)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank drumapea
Reviewed April 14, 2012

While i step into the room of the hongdae guesthouse, i quite shocked with it. I live in a room with total of 7 friends. The room is on the top of the building, is at 19th floor. It is equipped with a private bathroom, a kitchen, a pc with internet service, wifi connection. The room can be separate to two stairs, upstairs can let 4 person to sleep. I just love the room.
The thing i love most of this guesthouse is the hostess. Her name is Mary, she is really friendly, and can help you whenever you got any problem. I travel to seoul on april 2012, my trip is a gang of students and lecturer from my university, total of 16 person. A lot of problem i met, but Mary could even help me to handle it and give me any advise, she is totally kind and i love on it.

Room Tip: Any of the room is nice
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LitteSmallRed
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Staying for 4 nights at Hongdae GH was very great.

The location is just next to subway station - get into the building by underground entrance.
It's university area with lots of local restaurants, cloth shop, night clubs and young good-looking people hanging around.
Moreover, It's very convenient because it is only 4-station away from the airport connected by express train.

6-bed dorm just have everything we basically need : heater, heat blanket, fridge,
drinking water, hot shower, computer (with internet connection) , Wifi

The owner is nice and lovely. They're always in the office if you need any help.

If you like "university" atmosphere , this place is recommended

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank omam07
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We stayed here for a night. It was spotlessly clean. The management and staff were lovely and helpful and we really enjoyed our stay. We have already booked it for our next stay in Seoul.

Room Tip: We got the room that is just as you walk in the main door. It was a dorm room so we shared it with 4...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends