If you want a quiet, cheap and cozy place to stay in Seoul then this hostel is for you. I stayed here for 4 nights as a solo traveler.
1. Room - I stayed in a solo room which has its own T&B, big bed, TV, hair dryer and toiletries. The T&B is quite small but if you are a solo traveler, i feel that the size is just right. The price is also relatively cheap, considering that the basic necessities are already provided and I don't share T&B with anyone.
2. Service - I booked this hotel just thru email. The staff is very accommodating and has really good communication skills. There is no need to pay downpayment, you just need to confirm thru email once in a while.
3. Common Area - Common area is cozy with many maps which really helped me navigate through Seoul
1. Location - The area is relatively close to MyeongDong and Seoul station. But the hostel is quite far from the train station. But if you are okay with walking for 10 minutes everyday, then it should be fine. The place is also quiet and safe so there is no problem walking late at night even if you're a solo female traveler.
2. Stairs - Since this is just a hostel, there are no elevators. So you would need to carry your luggages via stairs. So I wouldn't recommend this to senior travelers.
3. No breakfast - But that's okay! since there are a lot of nearby restaurants and convenience stores.
Generally, if given the chance to go back to Seoul, I will stay in Banana Backpackers again.