“really homey and comfortable place with great service”
Review of Lee&No Guesthouse

Lee&No Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 971 Seoul B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The guesthouse is only a few minutes walk from the subway/AREX station. It's in a residential area, so the streets leading to it can be real quiet late at night, but it felt really safe.
We stayed at a private room for 6 nights, and everyday felt just like coming home. The place was always clean and well-maintained, and we were free to use and get whatever we need (that there's a stash of clean towels and blankets available to us whenever we like was super!).
There's only a total of 4 rooms in Lee & No, and we had to share 2 bathrooms with 8 other people at one point. But I didn't really find that an issue since we usually got up earlier than the other guests did.
Wi-Fi connection was great, and there were computers in the common area which can be used. Breakfast was nothing fancy (toast, butter, jam, eggs) but there's overflowing coffee and tea :). Sunday breakfast was a bit more special, as the manager prepared for the guests a korean dish (forgot what it's called).
Sophie, the manager's really awesome. It rained one day when we were there, and suddenly she came out of the shed with a bucketful of umbrellas for us. Really great! She had always attended to our needs, answered our queries about how to get to places. She even helped us get tickets for Nanta at a discounted price.
Overall, it was an excellent experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jvrondon
leenno, 매니저 at Lee&No Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Hello!!!!!! Joy :-) and please deliver to Jem saying HELLO :)
Thank you for your detailed review. SO MUCH!
it will be absolutely helpful to our guest and us.
Sunday special dish named Haemul gyungdan ( Seafood ball)
I really appreciate you two liked it.

Joy. I really missing you and Jem.
I hope we meet again in Lee&No guesthouse.
I always waiting for you guys~~~~ :-)
Take care !!!! Thank you!!!!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The guesthouse is just great. Inexpensive and incredibly well-maintained. My only criticism is that you might need to queue for the use of the toilet. Otherwise, it's just absolutely a charm. Our host, Sophie, was very friendly and made us feel welcome.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
leenno, 매니저 at Lee&No Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Hello, Yudi :-)
I am Sophie! I'm so glad to see your kind review.
Already missing you guys. you, William and Martin.
I feel very happy that you guys liked to stay here.
We Lee&No guesthouse will have an effort to give ourguest comfotability.
Next time we meet you can feel more great.
I hope we meet again.
Take care Yudi :-)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Lee and No was an amazing place to stay!IIts a small and cozy guesthouse.It really feels like home and the managers did their best to make us feel at home.It was also really clean and tidy.All the people who work at Lee and No are really friend and they will really help you with everything during your stay in Seoul.It provides breakfast which is really tasty and sometimes on Sundays they will prepare korean style breakfast.The guesthouse is really close to Hongdae and the area where is exactly located is really nice and has everything you need.i stayed in the dorm room with my other friend and it was really nice and comfortable.It was my second time in Korea but my first time to stay at Lee and No but now i know that i will go back again soon.I had an amazing time,made friends and felt at home thanks to Lee and No:)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
leenno, 매니저 at Lee&No Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Miss you soooo~~ much.
I also really like the time we spent together, you were always woke up just after I arrived~!
It was nice to you and your friends in the swing bar on the day you came to see me.
I hope you enjoyed the CDs I gave you~
We are on line and can contact whenever we want.
Let's keep in touch and see you someday again soon~!!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed at a private room at Lee & No's and we had an amazing time. The staff was super friendly, approachable, respectful and above all, fun! The whole guesthouse was impeccably clean and very charming. Mr. Lee, Moon and Edie are excellent hosts and were super helpful during our stay - providing us with travelling tips and insights into the best places in the city. All in all, Lee & No was one of the best hostels/guesthouses I have stayed around the world!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hey~! Alain this is Moon~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for the review, I know you said it.
you know what? I also loved to talk with you and your girl friend every morning.
It was very nice of you too~!
I saw the photo you and other guests all together in a restaurant I guess, looked beautiful, I wish I was there.
Hope you have great days back home and meet you later again.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Even though I have only stayed in Lee&No for 2 nights, I developed strong bond to the hostel and the people there. Staff and other guests were all friendly and we lived together like a big family. Our manager Moon was very caring who didn't only arrange breakfast for us daily, but also introduced korean songs and culture to us. On the typhoon day which we couldn't go out, Moon ordered jajangmyeon delivery for us and we just ate and chatted and chilled out in the house; the typhoon didn't really bother us lol.

In terms of the hardware of the guest house, it has pretty much everything that a guesthouse should have: a self-serve kitchen area, well-managed shared bathrooms, a cozy living room and a nice little garden. Location is reasonably good, which is about 10-15 mins walk from the Hongdae subway station. Since it's located in the Hongdae area, shops and cafes are also easily accessible!

Lee&No is not only a place for shelter but also a place for memories~ Great experience and good for travellers who would like to meet new friends from all over the world~

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Angie~~~!!!!!!
Did you get the photo I sent to you? the one taken with Yeorae, little boy.
3 of us looked like siblings, because of hairdo and glasses.
I am happy that you felt like home at the guesthouse.
The winter already came to Korea. very cold~ no winter in Austrailia, you should come again in Winter~!!
Good luck to your study and the life~

Reviewed September 18, 2012

A very clean and friendly guesthouse located in a quiet pocket near hongdae. good marts and restaurants nearby. Easy to walk to the subway and plenty of cabs on the big street just around the corner. I am a musician and travel with my trumpets. i felt safe leaving my instruments there during the day and evening while i was out about around town. Lee&No's has everything you could need for a comfortable stay in Seoul.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
리앤노게스트하우스, 매니저 at Lee&No Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Have you got back to your country or still been staying in Daegu?
I didn't even know you brought the instrument, haha
This area is quite safe, you are right.
It is great that your stay was comfortable.
Take care and good luck to you back home.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

A very simple guest house, small rooms and toilets, quite a distance (15-20 mins) frm subway, it will be difficult if you carry heavy luggage to the guest house, 35-45mins walk to Hongik University, many restaurants/cafes/pubs and family mart along the way.
The guesthouse has a strict rule that nobody talks in the garden/common area after 11pm or you will be asked to leave without any refund (basically you can only talk in your room softly because the rooms are really small), for me there isn't any problem at all but for those who wish to talk at night is definitely a no no.
Smoking, drinking and visitors are strictly not permitted.
Simple breakfast (bread,jam,margarine,coffee and tea) are provided. You can't really sleep till late noon cos the loud music and other guests talking/bathing noise will wake you up. Generally it was a nice experience for me.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank NoReservations5
리앤노게스트하우스, 매니저 at Lee&No Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for the comment on the guesthouse.
It is true that it takes quite time from the station to here by walk at first time.
but, after once you get used to the alley, it is quite easy to arrive.
you are right we also have strict rules after 11pm,because we are located in very quite residencial area.
We appreciate you were satisfied with us In spite of these inconveniences.
We hope to accomodate someday later again.
Thank you ~!!