Lee & No Guesthouse
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$312
$70
$213
$198
Agoda.com
All reviewsother guestsnight managerhongik universityguest housearex lineliving roomhome away from homeevery morninghang your clothessubway stationshampoo and conditionerquiet areacozy placefried chickenquiet at nightcomfortable stayspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My friend and I had a comfortable stay at Lee & No Guesthouse.The warmth we received during our stay made up for the little inconveniences we experienced. For example, shared bathroom and the location being a little off the subway station.

Reena was an excellent host, I still remember her bright smile and going the extra mile for us. She printed out the directions to the Yongsan Spa upon knowing we were interested in visiting a jjimjibang. When we left, Mr Lee helped us with our luggage. All in all, it was a memorable experience staying at a guesthouse. :)

Check out my travel blog for my review on Lee & No Guesthouse!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
리앤노게스트하우스, 오너 at Lee & No Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for your review. all staffs here are always trying to help guests' stay comportable and easy. Eventhough Leena is not here any more, we also have a good manager who smiles all the time and help out guests.
I have traveled many contries and I felt happy when people were nice in the hostel. we want guests to feel like home here.

We also appreciate your review on your blog.

Take care~!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The place is absolute adorable! When my friend and me found the guesthouse my first impression was: "oh that looks really cute" cause when you walk through the entrance gate you see a little korean house with a pond in front of it and lots of plants. It was like a hidden save place in this big city.

Our welcome was really sincere aswell. The staff there was super friendly!
The rooms were clean and cosy if a little small tho. But you can't expect to find a big room for little money in this city =)

In the morning we woke up to yirumas' river flows in you. awesome!
And breakfast was very carefully arranged to. it was simple but very delicious!

I don't recommend it if you want to party tho, cause it is very family friendly and the rules are strict.

We've been to 6 guesthouses all in all in korea and this was definitely the best place!

Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for the lovely review.
I can guess how you feel about the guesthouse. There are some inconvienience, though.
We are happy when guests are satisfied with the guesthouse. :)

Now I am listening the sound of waterwheel in the pond you liked, while I am wrighting this.
I hope we can accomodate you next time again~!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Lee & No Guesthouse is a great place to stay. I got a single room to myself so my sleeping quarters were extremely comfortable and private. I had a large bed, table, chair and air conditioner (big thumbs up). The staff is awesome and was really helpful. Julia in particular really set the vibe of the place. There was an atmosphere of kindness and generosity.

You can't smoke or drink on the premises but this actually made the experience better. I would have all my fun in the city and would come back to a quiet and clean place where I can sleep and rest up for the next day.

So if you like being around positive and friendly people, willing to clean up after yourself and respect other people's privacy and comfort than this is the place for you.

Room Tip: The single room by the kitchen is nice and big.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

You are always welcome if you come back!!
Thanks that you enjoyed your stay here.
as you mentioned, this is a kind of guesthouse for more like family and peopel who want to stay quite at night. you can still have fun with other guests at breakfast time, though.

Hope everything goes well in your life.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

This guest house was awesome. I stayed for 6 nights in a room and shared with 3 other travelers. Sure the room might be a bit small (this is a guesthouse after all) especially when everyone is moving around in the room at the same time but it was never a problem. The bunk beds are comfortable enough and there were no problems sleeping in the same room with 3 complete strangers (I am a very light sleeper and had no problem sleeping through the night). It’s also in a really good location, an easy walk to the train station or even to one of the better nightlife/shopping areas (Hongdae). There is also fast wifi available throughout the guesthouse as well as breakfast in the morning.

Really what makes this guesthouse awesome was the manager, Julia. It was actually her first week working there but she was amazingly friendly and attentive and created a relaxing, “home-like” feeling during my stay. I will definitely return to this guesthouse the next time I am in Seoul.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
리앤노게스트하우스, 매니저 at Lee & No Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Dear Wesley.

Thanks for your freindly and attentive review.

RU still in Phuket? Beach and Ocean....
Wooooowwww!! I envy you so much!! >.< Seoul is very hot today, it's 34dgrees.
When are you going to your country? Anyway, take care and enjoy your everyday~ (^^)/
Thank you again for all and see you next time...

Cheers.
Julia♥

Reviewed June 10, 2012

If you are a deep sleeper, not claustrophobic, I would highly recommend Lee & No for a home stay experience in Seoul. Unfortunately for me, I am none of the above, I can't take noise or light and felt uncomfortable in tiny spaces. I stayed for 5 or 6 nights at this guesthouse and it was a pleasant experience mainly because of the service.
This place is great if you love to meet people and excellent choice for short stays of 1 to 2 days.
The owner Lee is the heart of this place and the managers who worked tirelessly to make this place a gem are the soul of Lee & No.
It is located about 15mins walk away from Hongik University Station (pronounced as Hong dae). Bustling night life, plenty of bar and food outlets litters the street at a mere 15 mins walk away. It's both good and bad. If you are carrying a huge luggage, please just cab to this place as we had a hard time lugging the luggage all the way to guesthouse which was hidden at a rather inconspicuous location.

The Pros: You will meet international travellers from all over. We met Germans, Japanese, Hongkongers, Americans, Malaysians Etc... great if you are a culture vulture, you will learn alot from others.
The managers of this place are friendly and helpful, they will assist you in your request.
Homely feeling with everything under one roof including a washer in one of the bathrooms.
Friendly and obliging owner.
Wonderful free breakfast
Clean bedroom and washrooms thanks to the hardworking staff at Lee & No
Free internet at the lobby to boot.

The cons: Tiny space shared among many other travellers. The toilets are really tiny, you can't move about without brushing against the wall.
It gets noisy if travellers do not observe the silence. My rest was largely disturbed as the walls are pretty thin, we can hear others entering the washroom or talking.
In the morning, while the manager fix breakfast, the room will be lit and loud music will be played in the living room which is right outside our room. Without an alarm clock, you will still get to wake up pretty early. So if you wish to continue sleeping, use a earplug and mask

Accommodation can get pricey if you are looking for top end hotels but if you are seeking a comfortable place to stay for a day or two with breakfast prepared by lovely managers, this small guesthouse will be a good place!.

Room Tip: i heard they have a new studio apartment for rent, I will recommend that option if you prefer more privacy
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank fatgirl_84
리앤노게스트하우스, 매니저 at Lee & No Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Hi, this is Isabel :D

Thanks for the detailed, honest review. We really appreciate it :)
I'm sorry if your stay wasn't perfect because of some noises.
We will make sure all guests keep the place quiet at night, and will work on improving our facilities for better stay.

Thanks again for the review, and complement of our services. :D

Isabel