“Clean, standard room in good part of town”

Benikea Noble Hotel
Ranked #142 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here for nearly a week in May 2013. The hotel is a little hard to find (look up to see the sign high on the building, then find your way down the alley to it) but it was clean and felt safe. It was walking distance to several interesting sights (palaces, pedestrian areas, etc). Our room had no view and was fairly basic but it was well priced and had everything we needed.

The staff were helpful and courteous --- recommended for a simple but well positioned and safe/clean stay.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lll-T-R-A-V-E-L-lll

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This 25-room hotel is tucked back in an alley but is very nicely located near palaces and the secret garden. It is 1 1/2 blocks from the Airport Bus Line which was very conveniant to getting back to ICN even during rush hour. Subway stops are not far away either.

My room and the hotel were very clean and comfortable. Although they do not serve breakfast, they do have coffee, juice, and bread with jelly out in the mornings.

Staff knew enough basic English to help you with the basics. If you expect to be dependant upon the staff to help with complicated matters such as aranging business meetings or functions, you may want to look at a bigger hotel.

When I return to Korea, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hans S
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Overall a good hotel. Not 5 stars of course, but good value for the money. If you're looking for a decent hotel in a good location, then you'll be happy with this one. It's not fancy, but its good. A solid 3*.

Room was clean, everything worked. Found the bed a little hard, but that's common throughout Korea.

Location is very good. Easy access to subway, close to Insadong.

I enjoyed staying here for a good price, and would stay here again. I guess this is one of the infamous 'love hotels', but whatever, its easy and reasonably priced accommodation.

No problems.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CaptainFancyPants
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is an ideal place to stay in Seoul. It is within walking distance to two palaces, Buchong Hanok, the main mall and for a longer walk, the Lotte department store and other shops and markets. There is a little 24hr shop opposite the hotel, an ATM that handles international cards 5 mins away, and restaurants not further. The bathroom we had was very nice, with a wonderful shower system. There is a TV but no English language channels, and a PC with internet. The mattresses are very firm. There was no clock in our room which was odd because we noticed clocks everywhere in Korea. No light switches - instead a fancy electronic light panel (didn't take long to work out what button was for what). The breakfast is self serve: toast with jam, oj, coffee or tea (barley tea - no black tea in Korea unless you go to Starbucks etal). Lots of breakfast options a short walk away if you want something different. The airport bus stop is on the other side of the street, about 10mins away. We chose this for convenience to everything, and it was even more convenient than we realised. If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room furthest away from the martial arts centre. My husband was woken up at 6am every morning by sounds of 'hyuh' followed by a thump. That is the only downside to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one furthest away from the martial arts building.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank yrinsyde
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights.
First the good things!: the staff were very friendly and helped a lot, even those who spoke little english tried to help as much as they could.The location was GREAT,so close to subway station and insadong street which is a great place to walk around and dine.technically you can walk everywhere.The neighborhood is safe and you see police officers walking by late at night.I was alone but never had a problem finding it or getting there even past midnight.Surprisingly my room was much better that the picture I saw on websites!Seoul was so hot but the air-condition was great. Now the bad:there were black hair everywhere in the room,on the bed,on the towels on the bathroom floor..It was very unpleasant for me.The computer in my room was like 100 yrs old and no internet connection, but there was wifi in the coffee shop.The other thing is that I booked it 40000/night on a ''good deal'' but the real price every1 pays is the same! so really there was no ''good deal'' after all.

Room Tip: my room was on the 4th flour and was very nice
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Leila K
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Noble Hotel is to be recommended if you are traveling with a tight budget or if you cannot find any other hotel. Room was not big but clean. Breakfast was simple but at least there was something. Price is reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank MarsParis
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Well I did a solo trip to Seoul and did quite a bit of homework before I went. First of all, I did a check of around 60 - 65 hotels and guesthouses in Seoul just to get some sense of pricing and their locations and amenities. I checked from the high end service apartments like Somerset suites and Fraser suites to hotels like Ritz to the low ends guesthouses. I admit I'm really high maintenance in this aspect that I want the best stay for a lowest, cheapest, most economical price, so I did my homework in Feb when my travel was in May 2013. I went for 15 days 14 nights so I decided that I wanted to split my stay in 2 places just to experience different hotels/guesthouses. I did such a "thorough" homework for the hotels/guesthouses because I wanted to have a great stay in Seoul and did not want to end up in a sloppy place that would make this 15 day trip a negative. I thought that I would want to stay in Fraser suites just to make my life easier but Noble Hotel was actually okay for me. When I say "okay", I really mean I can just stay for another few months in this same hotel (if I actually had the budget and time!).

But finally decided on Noble Hotel and was very pleased with its service, location, amenities. Compared to other guesthouses, I can say that:

1. Lift/elevator is very important. In Seoul, there are a lot of guesthouses that do not come with elevator so you have to lug your heavy luggage up a flight of narrow staircases. My luggage is very very heavy so having a lift to go up to the 4th floor or even the 2nd floor is really a blessing. Obviously Noble Hotel had one lift so it was a positive for me.

2. Service is also very important for me. I checked with guesthouses and they often say that they do not clean the room on a daily basis so it was a no no for me. Noble Hotel has 2 ajumas that clean the room daily so when you come back, you get a fresh clean bed and everything else is being tidied up. What more can you ask when you come "home" to a clean and refreshing bed? Their front desk staff were also very friendly - 2 oppas and 1 unni - they spoke a little of English and Mandarin so I had no communication barriers. On top of that, they were very helpful in directions and other stuff. It was a very safe place as the oppas were always there for 24hours shift, unlike other guesthouses they have only certain staff at certain hours so you may not even have a staff to mend the front desk ie you may end up not having someone to ask for directions.

3. Amenities. Now I must say that Noble Hotel gave good amenities. I mean the basic came like toothbrush toothpaste shaver soap shampoo conditioner bathing cream bathing sponge. Why I mentioned the basic was because some guesthouses requested for their customers to bring their own toothbrush. I was pretty amazed somehow. So I guess never take it for granted that the guesthouses would provide for basic amenities. There is another positive for Noble Hotel - that is they will replenish the fridge with 2 bottles of mineral water and 1 can of tea and 1 can of orange juice. It was free so you can enjoy 4 bottles of water every day. Well, if you are staying in high class hotels, obviously those are payable but here it is free so thumbs up for Noble Hotel.

4. Location was superb. Obviously other travellers have mentioned enough that it is close by Insadong, Buchok-dong, subway station, etc. But I must also say, if you have the stamina to walk, it is really close by to: Myeondong, Dongdaemun, Namdaemun, Lotte Department Store, Lotte Young, Shinsaegae Department Store. Okay, I'm not joking but I walk to these places from Noble Hotel as it was close by and taking the subway meant that I have to change the lines and to me it was more hassle to change the lines than to walk there straight. Anyway, I enjoyed the sights as I walked on the streets and obviously went into different restaurants and stuff. Anyway, the weather in May was superb and there was always wind blowing in your face so you actually feel refreshed while walking.

5. Sleep quality was good. I stayed in Room 402 for 14 nights straight and had good quality sleep, there was no noise or anything negative so I always woke up feeling refreshed after having good quality sleep.

6. Breakfast. Basic breakfast served daily - bread, butter and strawberry jam. Water, coffee, orange juice. To me, that's sufficient and so it was a good deal for me. Other guesthouses do not serve breakfast so you save on breakfast costs.

Obviously, it's a good place for me to stay so I would encourage others to stay here too. Now I really wish to return to Seoul and Noble Hotel would be my first choice. ^_^

Room Tip: You can choose a Double Room - I stayed at Room 402!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo