Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have stayed here a number of times because of the location and price. The clientele are usually multinational so the hotel front desk is accustomed to dealing with foreigners. Their English was impressive.

The rooms have always been satisfactory. Nothing fancy but clean enough for a comfortable stay. The rooms, I must add, look very different from what is shown on the hotel's website. Unfortunately, it seems as though the staff do the bare minimum to keep the place running.

You won't be terribly disappointed with the hotel but don't expect to be blown away either.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank KyleLand
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Spent two nights here in a 3-bed room.

Pros:
- Clean room
- Good air-conditioner
- Water filter in the room with hot and cold options (complimentary tea and coffee packets, although with Paris Baguette right around the corner, I'd recommend going there instead).
- Bathroom was clean as well.
- Checked out early, but we were able to leave our bags there and explore the city for one more day before our train departure.
- Great location in that: it is close to Seoul Station (so if you are taking the KTX that's nice). There are bakeries and restaurants nearby. Right next to Namyeong Station.

Cons:
- No Wi-Fi (After paying less in Vietnam and having Wi-Fi in every hotel there, we were feeling a bit spoiled!)
- It is close to Seoul Station, but keep in account the amount of transfer time you will need if you want to go to Myeongdong, Itaewon or other popular spots.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Atinart K
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel is not suitable for people.
When we arrived we were met by a bit rude lady which treated me as a second class person (I should mention that the second receptionist was very friendly and helpful). We received a triple room on the first flow. There was a window in the room but it exited directly to a wall and a lot of tubes, so we had to close it permanently (resulting in difficult acclimatization process). When we decided to go to beds we discovered that the beds are full of hairs and the sheets are stained. I do not know how many people did sleep there before me but definitely the bed linen was not changed before our arrival. We asked to change the sheets and received the answer that it was changed "just this morning". We insisted and managed to change one of the sheets. The maid was old, unfriendly and unpleasant. There are just under sheets and nothing to cover up, so it is better to bring your own linen (like we did).
The bathroom has so many short black hairs (especially around a hand wash basin) that makes me suppose that this room was used as a barber's shop.
The bathtub was completely blocked not allowing for water to drain out.
But the worst thing came during the night. A strong stench appeared from the toilet and tortured us all the night.
We had another reservation in this hotel for the way back (after a 2-week long trip around South Korea) but fortunately we found a room in nearby Kaya hotel (because of typhoon there were a lot of cancellations - at our first attempt in the middle of August, Kaya hotel was completely booked out). I should say that Kaya is incomparably better and understandably cheaper.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank iouA
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We had one night here and we picked it because it was two minutes away from the USO at 7am and a trip to the DMZ. There are much better hotels in the area (the Elle (150 000w per night) and the Kaya (58 000w per night) right next door) and this one wasn't worth 60 000w per night. It's 7.7km by taxi from the Express Bus Terminal (13 000w by taxi in the middle of the day, 1 150w by metro) and next door to the Namyeong metro station. We had a double room 206 - we had booked a non-smoker but none of the rooms are non-smokers and this one stank; so did the other one they showed us! It had a double bed and an ensuite although that should have been refurbished ten years ago - the tiles were coming off the wall. There's a fridge and a computer but don't expect to get onto the internet; we were told "the internet has been down since yesterday"! And the pneumatic drill from just outside the main door didn't put us in a restful mood either.

Outside there are plenty of restaurants, convenience stores, internet cafes and shops. The location was fine - pity about the hotel!

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I spent two nights at the Hotel Rainbow in downtown Seoul. The nicest thing about the hotel is its location--it's right near the subway line and surrounded by bakeries and places to eat. The rooms were clean, but there was no internet in them, and no wifi in the hotel. I asked the receptionist why, and he told me that it was an old building...and that's why there is a computer in the room. No one could get the computer to go online, so they moved me to a different room. But even there, I never was able to read one email or send one message. Quite frustrating. For that reason, I don't think I'd ever consider staying there again although it was a good hotel for the price.

Date of stay: April 2012