“My favourite place in Seoul”

Fritz Coffee Company
Ranked #23 of 57 Quick Bites in Seoul
Neighborhood: Dohwa-dong
Neighborhood: Dohwa-dong
Reviewed April 2, 2019

I visited Fritz four times on a recent trip to Seoul. Clearly I love it. It became my favourite place in Seoul. The coffee is very good (not as good as we get here in Melbourne, Australia, but that's largely due to the quality of the milk in Korea), the breads are superb and some of the pastries are excellent. Best of all, the atmosphere is buzzing.

It's a little difficult to find, and on my first visit I spent 20 minutes walking around the area searching for it (despite being able to speak and read a little Korean). My advice is to take exit 10 from the station. At the top of the escalator take a sharp right and walk down the gently sloping road, almost to the bottom. You'll see a large overhead street sign pointing left to Saechang-ro 2-gil. Fritz is down that street, on the left, right near the end.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 23, 2019

The pastries were so delicious we went back to visit more than once while on vacation in South Korea!!

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank Kpixels
Reviewed December 26, 2018 via mobile

The team at Fritz really go out of their way to excel. It tastes, looks, and feels like what a coffee shop should feel like.

Coffee was excellent - pour overs from a selection of blends and single origins.

Pastries we’re out of this world. The blueberry croissant was the best. The butter in the crust caramelized just right.

The atmosphere/interior design was perfect. Exposed concrete and tiling from whatever the building used to be. Great music (some hipster stuff - I think I heard “washed out” at some point...).

If you’re in Mapo-Gu, you should go

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 14, 2018

my korean friend recommended this cafe to visit on my trip to korea i decided to give this cafe a try. Even though it was a distance to walk from the other attractions in the vicinity, i felt that it was worth the walk. The ambience is unlike any other usual cafe on the street. It has the vibes of vintage Korean palace. It was a refreshing change from the urban landscape in the city. Concept of the cafe is great. Other than the ambience and the aesthetics, the food and drinks were also 10/10! they have a wide variety of unique pastries and have freshly brewed coffee. Ordered a cafe latte and love it! Even though the food are on a pricier side, it is definitely worth it!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed November 24, 2018 via mobile

I had a black coffee here. It was good and has a good setting to zone out and recharge.

Seating is limited but there is outdoor seating.

Date of visit: November 2018