“Didn't even order”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Didn't even order”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had been to Santorinis in the past and the reviews claiming that it has changed for the worse are dead on. We were seated, without menus, for 5 minutes before I went to fetch them for myself. We skimmed the menus to notice almost all items had been marked up by ~20%. We were passed by numerous times by staff that appeared more preoccupied with clearing tables than taking orders. Ultimately, we had waited long enough that we just decided to eat elsewhere. We will not be going back.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Warren022

• Korean first
Eugene, Oregon
“Not sure why they even call it a greek restaurant.”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

After reading many positive reviews I decided to get dinner here. We got the greek salad and two gyro plates. It was a bit expensive, but I was willing to pay the price for a nice dinner. The salad looked nothing like the photo in the menu. It was just a cucumber and tomato chopped in about 4-5 large pieces with 4 kalamata olives and some hard feta thrown on top. Everything was in it's own little pile.

Next came our gyro plates. They were piled high with french fries and meat, but the meat wasn't gyro meat at all! It was a fatty pork chop sliced up in little bits. It was horrible. I ate a bit of it, but we ended up leaving most of our food on the plate and went for a kebab across the street instead.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank rstoker242
Kansas City, Missouri
“Expensive, small portions, bland”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Boy things have changed here. I've been back twice since my first review. I won't be going back. Just like the title says. You pay alot for very little. That would be easier to accept if the food was good. It couldn't be any more bland. I will NOT go back. There are a lot of places that offer better food in the same area. Don't waste your time.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank JASON B
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
“No Longer Worth The Trip”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've long been a fan of Santorini's; although I live an hour away, it's always been well worth the trip. Greek food prepared by Greeks. After last night, though, I will not return.

The Greeks are gone and so has the food quality. I ordered the pork souvlaki. The meat was half fat, the pitas were cold, tasteless store-bought and the oddest thing of all was that there is now yellow radish kimchi on the plate.

A companion ordered the lamb kebab; minced lamb with way too much sage.

We decided to go ahead and order the baklava. How could anyone screw up baklava? Remarkably, they managed to do so. A three-inch high pile of macerated nuts cemented together with about three layers of phyllo dough on top. Inedible.

Never again, I am sad to say.

• Visited April 2013
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Delightfully Greek”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Met up with some friends here and ate to our heart's content. The Greek Salad is hearty and plenty for two. We enjoyed the tender Chicken Souvlaki with tsatsiki and tasty fries, zesty coleslaw, and warm pita with hummus. Other than the music being too loud (we asked them to change it and they immediately did), the setting is great on the 2nd floor right with a nice view of the street.

• Visited March 2013