Stayed in the Residence block for 5 nights. Here's what I have to say:
1. Great location - Close to bus stop, subway stations, shops & attractions (Changdeokgung)
2. Helpful staff
3. Relatively private
4. Numeric combination lock on room doors - No need for keys
1. Hard to find based on map on website
2. Hygiene - Room wasn't well cleaned. Upon check-in, there was a drenched toilet roll on the floor, and a sweet wrapper in the bathroom.
3. WiFi doesn't work for mobile devices in Residence. Even in the main guesthouse, the WiFi signal was very weak.
4. Mattress given was way too thin to sleep on the floor. I've slept in other Korean residences, and I've never had a backache from sleeping on the floor.
5. Pets, in this instance cats, shouldn't be allowed to drink straight from the kitchen tap. I'm fine with pets on the compound, but there should be certain limits.
Considering the weightage of the cons against the pros, I give this place 2 stars out of 5.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beewon Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beewon Guesthouse Hotel Seoul