“Nice and affordable place to stay in Seoul”
Review of Beewon Guesthouse

Beewon Guesthouse
Ranked #238 of 942 Seoul B&B and Inns
Tortosa, Catalonia
“Nice and affordable place to stay in Seoul”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed in Beewon guesthouse for 3 nights in early september 2012. Coming from China, finding this hostel, so cheap and clean in such an expensive city to stay like Seoul, was a real respite for our tight budget. The hostel is located close to the historical palaces of Seoul and Insandeong shopping street. We were given a twin room ensuite with washing machine and fridge. Some of the staff there was really helpful and nice and spoke good English, at least similar to our level, and it was nice to see also a family of two cats walking and playing around. A nice place to stay for foreigners in a budget in Seoul who love cats. If I never go back to Seoul I would go back there!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Silentwriter

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Penang
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stay in Beewon for 3 nights (May 2011). It is located near to Jongno 3(sam)ga subway station, approximately 5 minutes walking (with no luggage). If you walk to this place, please take note that it is located at back lane, so it maybe a bit hard to find, but if you come from Jongno 3(sam)ga station, just walk until u can see the roof (??) of Changdeok palace, that's mean are already near to this place.
The room is OK in size (not too small) and clean. Bathroom is clean, shampoo & body wash provided. I stay with 2 friend in triple room, but they just provided 1 double bed, plus 2 pieces of thin (i really mean thin) mattress, 1 will be the mattress, and the other one will be my blanket. When we asked the staff about that triple room, his answer that, the meaning of their triple room is, the room can fit 3 people, but the don't provide bed for 3 person. I am ok with that, and sleeping on the floor with a very thin mattress is not a big issue for me.
The guesthouse open for 24 hours (no curfew) , so you can come in/out whenever we want.
The pantry is cozy enough, with basic breakfast provided (coffee, bread, etc). The common place 2 computers with internet access, but since so many people using it, I decide not to wait in line. They also provide washing machine for guest to use. Lastly, they also allow guest to leave their luggage after check-in at no charge, just in-case you need to do so.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank shud_mdnoor
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I had a confirmed reservation and arrived well before the check-in deadline, but was told that they had overbooked and was turned away! According to the desk clerk, the manager routinely does this during busy times.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Chuck S

Travelers are raving about these Seoul hotels

Edenton, North Carolina
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed four nights in a single room and the room was good for all you would expect in a basic 2-3 star motet type lodgeing. It gave me a twin bed in a room with a cable television, wireless internet and clean bed , small compact refridgerator. The bathroom had a spray shower head on the wall but everything worked, the air conditioner was great...so for the price and the location near the subway system (5 minute walk) this is exactly what I wanted. My only little complaint was that if you wanted their basic breakfast it ran from 830 to 1200 and I was up and gone by 0830 most days. The one day that I attempt to get coffee the fruit and juice was all consumed by the MANY families that stay with many children, so the self serve kitchen was way too busy for me to eat ...so I would suggest not to plan on breakfast.

Room Tip: single room has twin beds so plan for this if you are a couple.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Daegu, South Korea
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My friends and I should've checked the review here before booking. We were in a rush and the place was listed in a guide book, and the pictures in the web site looked decent.

The location is ok. But the serviece was one of the worst I have gotten in my life. They took out our room and insisted that they didn't have our name on the list (**They do not use computer for booking apparently but are quick to take your money). The room they gave to us was horrible.

1.The room was small (don't be fooled by the picture).
2. The floor underneath the bed was like a garbage can
3. There is mold on the bathroom mirror.

They gave us a smaller room than we made a reservation for and THEY WANTED TO CHARGE US MORE for having three people in a two-peopl room.

THIS PLACE IS A JOKE.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank asdklfjdsflk
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I have stayed at Bee won twice so I can simply said, " it's safe, convenient and have free breakfast". Remember, this is Seoul which now ranked the 7th most expensive city to live in so the price is reasonable. So, for people who complain Beewon, stop complaining. Why don't you stay at a hotel of you want a 5 star lodging?!

As for the room, it is small but clean. So far, there is no bedbug which is a big plus. There is a free water machine in which you can refill with hot water to make tea or make instant noodles. The sheet is clean and the bathroom provided free shampoo and shower gel.

I really like the washing machine as I can watch my clothes and there is a free washing powder. You can dry your clothes at the rooftop. Haha, I stayed there for a week.

I like the free breakfast. It is important to be at the breakfast table at 7.30 am if you want to eat the bread and yakult. They usually put around 4 to 5 loaf of breads which can be gone within 20 minutes. In my experiences, it's important to have thick face if you find yourself sitting on the table with some arrogant Russian tourists and Japanese tourists. The are not friendly and dislike sharing but it's your right to eat your breakfast.The Taiwanese, Scottish, Singaporean and German tourists are much nicer.

The only letdown is there is no lift. NO LIFT. Imagine walking 3 floors up to your room!!! You have to drag your luggage up and the receptionist cannot help you. He or she has to stay on the counter as the manager ordered.............Still, the receptionists that I have met so far is friendly, print tickets for free, willing to keep an eye for your luggage until check in time and speak fluent English.

The location is really convenient. Just a short 5 minutes walk way is the underground train station in Insadong. There is a lovely coffee shop which provide an amazing apple and bacon breakfast in the the underground train station . Opposite the guesthouse is the bus stop to the airport and a fantastic 24 hours shop which provided the best kimchi and tonkatsu (pork cutlet for 7,500 won). Just look out for the sign "24" if you don't understand Korean.

Insadong is a lovely food mecca and has the best pork dumpling noodle. Just look for the shop with the most queues during lunch time.

All in all, I will recommend anyone to stay in Beewon guesthuse. My family and relatives are satisfied too. I will come to stay at Beewon if I ever dropped by at Seoul.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RACHELSIS
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My first trip to Seoul was a letdown by staying at the Beewon guest house. The actual type of room which I paid online was different when I arrived. Instead I was put in a very small room with a double-bed which I have to share with a male friend (for 3 nights). This is on the old block where the reception is. It was only on my last 2 nights, then I was moved to the new block with the actual room type that I paid. It was a total change. The room has a pantry and washing machine , with new bathroom too. Very safe as it was attched with electronic keycard system. However, the guy (very tall) at the reception was extremely helpful and friendly, unlike the long hair girl that works in the day shift. She was nasty and unfriendly. Plus point about this guesthouse is that it is very near to famous sights and subway. Food are easily available all around the area (Insadong/Jognogu).

Room Tip: Insist on rooms at the new block !! They are much better as compared to the ones at the old block.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends