“A legit American escape”

New York B&B Burger and Bagel
Ranked #543 of 125,326 Restaurants in Seoul
Neighborhood: Gangnam / Nonhyeon / Yeoksam
Neighborhood: Gangnam / Nonhyeon / Yeoksam
Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

In the heart of Gangnam, where Koreans come to play in groups, it can be very hard to find a decent restaurant much less one that has great food that isn't Korean. This place is that and more. As others mentioned, the staff (all the ones I met and heard) speak fluent American English. Mark is the one I saw most, and he lived in the US and loves American sports, if you're feeling chatty. The staff speak to each other in English, they're that fluent.
The burger is the best I've had in Asia anywhere. Fries are great. Good selection of non-boring beer. Functional soda fountain. Other entrees look great, too. They have the TVs tuned usually to US sports games, if you're in the mood.
In short, this is the best American oasis in a sea of Korean culture, if you need an escape, which I do more often the more I visit.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Jerrm

Reviewed September 11, 2018

We loved this place. We went for dinner here after many days eating Korean dishes and we weren't disappointed. Burgers are great, with a nice subtle taste of their own. I hope business goes well as they fully deserve it, well done!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

After seeing the great reviews and the the awesome pictures of the burgers I had to try it out myself. Arriving at the restaurant we were warmly greeted by Mark. He suggested that we should take a seat outside, being one of the last warm days of autumn, and enjoy our evening. When the food arrived we were overwhelmed, the burgers were juicy and delicious, as were the fries. Therefore we came back a second time during our stay. Beside Mark, who has lived in the U.S., the whole team speaks excellent English and goes out of their way to help you (giving tips for your stay or answering your questions). I will certainly be back next time I'm in Seoul!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

In this restaurant all straff speaks english and the burger I had was amazing! Even the fries was special! A hidden pearl in Gangnam which is absolutely worth a visit!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed May 1, 2017

This place is amazing!! Seriously delicious food! Best burger i've eaten in Gangnam paired with sides and bottomless soda - you cant go wrong!! Service was excellent too and there is lovely outdoor seating to soak up the sunshine. Highly recommended to all

Date of visit: May 2017