“Good food but poor overall experience”

BHC Chicken Myeongdong
Ranked #398 of 125,415 Restaurants in Seoul
Neighborhood: Myeongdong / Namdaemun
Neighborhood: Myeongdong / Namdaemun
Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

The waiting time is really long. We got in after an hour of waiting its around 9:30pm. And at 10:38pm we got our chicken, and the restaurant closes at 11pm. We are the last customers who is served. I just hate that we can't enjoy our chicken dinner well. Cuz the staff are rushing and cleaning the place already. They even reminded us at that the store will be closing. Nice.

The chicken is really good. But the experience is really poor. The staff looks exhausted and won't even bother serve you well.

Would like to visit again but I think I might go for an On The Go meal

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

We visited in the late afternoon on Thursday and there were plenty of tables both inside and outside. They have a fairly large menu but not too many choices for boneless chicken. You also cannot choose what pieces to get (aka leg, breast, wings, etc). We ordered a combination platter (fried non-spicy and spicy sauce chicken). Both types come with a variety of pieces and all pieces were very moist. I did not find the fried non-spicy option anything special, there was not much of flavor in the batter and the batter was much finer than the picture suggested. The spicy sauce was very good but be warned that it is pretty hot!
We also ordered the mild boneless Mapster which was more like a grilled chicken pieces in sauce. They were my favorite but again a fair warning about the spicy level.

The negatives were definitely the service (or lack thereof), the portions are too large - wish they had mini options so we can try more flavors, it is a bit pricey (esp for the amount of food we wasted bc of the large portions), and lastly the atmosphere of pretty run down. Overall, I am glad we tried it but will not be returning

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 14, 2019

We went on a Sunday night and the restaurant was full. You have to wait for about 20 minutes to be seated. Our order which is just 1 order of combination of plain fried & saucy chicken was delivered to us in about 45 minutes. They gave us a small appetizer along with our beer orders. And when the food came, it just taste ordinarily. I mean, nothing special. Nothing extra ordinary. I mean, Buffalo Wild Wings & Things has more special taste. This taste like Bonchon or Kyochon chicken only. But it's worth a try since Korean people eats here & it was endorsed by Gianna Jun (kdrama star). But I bet there are more Chicken & Beer restaurant better the BHC.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 22, 2019

The restaurant food was attracted us due to the famous drama, we went there in the morning just right before the lunch hour, plenty of seats available but soon to be filled in less than half an hour (so better go around before 12noon).

The queue was quite long, we wait for quite sometimes, until we remind the waiter again.They don't have baby high chair, so we need to keep an eye for our minor while our troller can only be park on streets (outside). Food taste was ok, the fried chicken was very big portion, can fit for three stomaches.

Not so recommend to seat outside especially in winter, too windy, freezing.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed April 9, 2019

We went on a Friday night and the queue was long. Took about half an hour to get seated. Order the food and it took almost an hour for it to arrive. It wasn't just us. All the other tables that were seated around the same time had no food for a long time either. Chicken was very good but I wouldn't say it was great or best ever. .I'd give the food 4 out of 5 but the long wait put it at a 3 for me

Date of visit: April 2019