“nothing special”
Review of Hotel Charm

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tbilisi
Hotel Charm
Ranked #97 of 124 Hotels in Tbilisi
russia
“nothing special”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

We expected more after reading the reviews of this place. The room was ok, not terribly clean but not awful. Location was excellent. Water was an issue - hot water was tough to get. The breakfast was disappointing. We ate a bit, and then went to a restaurant aroudn the corner. No excuse for a poor show on food - Georgia has some of the best in the world. After two nights we changed to another guesthouse at the same price, for a much better experience. Didn't really see much of the hospitatlity that Georgia is famous for (though we encountered much of it in other places). In short, you can stay here, but I wouldn't make it my first choice,

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bjluecke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed May 12, 2011

There are many positive things about this hotel. Location is good. The owner, Nino, and the staff are friendly and helpful. The fit out is impressive, old oak stairs, antique furniture, good pictures on the walls. As for disadvantages. We had no water at all upon arrival and no one bothered to warn us even when we were passing by the reception. Good that we bought some bottled water on the way to the hotel. Water was a problem in our room all way long, plumbing was poor and not much water in the shower. Sometimes we had it hot and sometimes we had it cold. Cleaning should be done better and dirty carpets are better off the floor. Most things could be improved easily. The big advantage is wifi in the room, not many places in Tbilisi has good connectivity with Apple devices.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with more light.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Guniang
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I could not find the hotel neither could the taxi so we missed it. thankfully! I found it later and it is in a yucky location. Plus they wanted 40 lari to get us from the airport - come on, taxis cost 25 on average and 30 max.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FraserCarrie

Travelers are raving about these Tbilisi hotels

Montreal Canada
Reviewed May 3, 2011

The hotel is ideally located in the old town,and coveniently close for walking to all the major sites. The rooms in the hotel ( I sampled 2 of them) are extraordinary: -large,with very high ceilings,and armoirs and built -in drawers all over the place. The bathroom in the room is even more extraordinary with its very high ceiling,and ample shelves.
Then there is the breakfast room with a wonderful view(day and night) of the presidential palace. And then the terrace from the breakfast room-WOW!
But,in all honesty,it is the quirkiness of the place which Impressed me the most,,or riled me.or even made me laugh .Let me elaborate.
Nino, the manager of the hotel.is endowed with Hollywood -good looks,and an artistic
temperament to go with it It was not long after I arrived,that with her thespian character,
and not-always-too tactful remarks,I was rolling on the floor with laughter! In fact, she made me laugh several times.She is a veritably kind and caring lady,and I like her very much.
Secondly,if only the most minor of issues were addressed,this place would be just exquisite. For example,what an incredible bathroom,,and beautiful!. How about a tiny bit of shampoo to go with it? Oh well,I have my own.
Or why that apple sauce always on the breakfast table. Do Georgians eat bread with apple sauce for breakfast..or do any tourists for that matter?. I prefer jam Oh well,I have my own.
And oh yes, the white Steinway piano is to-die-for-gorgeous,( Apparently,Nino s mom is a pianist. )I was priveleged too see it,and thought: What a beautiful room this is with the piano. It would be great to hear someone play it once in a while. Or even to see it more often..it s soo beautuful!
So ,I can only conclude that this place has alot of character and colour.The rates are very reasonable as well. It is too often that we see the same formula for 3-star
hotels,- esp.chain hotels,all over the world.. The Hotel Charm is different,It provides a converasation piece,and whether you like it or not,you will still be talking about it,long after you leave.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Hotel Charm is located in the perfect spot! In any direction you can walk to a beautiful area of the city and take in the sights. I agree with another reviewer, the street seems run down but don't let it fool you. The area is safe and you are right around the corner from everything the city has to offer! FYI..dogs can bark outside at night. Bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Suite has its own bathroom & sleeps 4 adults.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
SF
Reviewed March 24, 2011

The folks at Charm Hotel really made my stay perfect. This was such a good find: conveniently located in the old city with all the big sites within walking distance, a very reasonable rate, and spectacular service. The owner Nino was extremely charming herself and made my stay at the hotel feel like it was home. My room was clean and comfortable with a nice view, and the included breakfast was hearty. They even arranged transport for me to go to Armenia, and gave really helpful tips on sites to see, restaurants to visit, etc. Free speedy wireless too. Finally, I loved the style of the hotel: great collection of classic Georgian furniture, especially the dining hall with its lovely fireplace.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
11 Thank BaggageClaim
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed March 10, 2011

The service is/was exellent. My friend got sick and we where taken good care of and could stay longer, than the booked days, at the Hotel Charm
The cleaning assistant/kitchen lady, washed and iron our clothes
Nearby everything in the city
But there is a little BUT - the roomprice was higher than the standard;(
But while you are a visitor at the Hotel, you forget it because the staff is very charming!
Hi U guys